Photo

Would A Good Recreation Of Patty Affect Your Belief In The Pgf?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Would a Good Recreation of Patty affect your belief in the PGF? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

If, to your standards, someone did a good job in recreating Patty and the aspects that make you believe she is a Bigfoot using techniques and materials available in 1967, would it alter that belief?

1. Voted Yes, I would go from believing she is a Bigfoot to sincerely suspecting that she may be a man in a suit. (9 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. No, a recreation, while interesting, doesn't mean anything and I would not stop believing her to be a real Bigfoot. (9 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Voted It's impossible to do so because no average human could match Patty's physique and proportions and nothing could ever possibly change my position about that. (10 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

4. I do not accept Patty was a real Bigfoot so this would only reaffirm that position. (14 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 See-Te-Cah NC

See-Te-Cah NC

Chief Administrator

• FMT
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hello All,

I am placing this within the thread to say that there is a problem that needs to be addressed:

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING THE TERM "FUNDAMENTALIST" OR ANY VARIATION OF SAID WORD.

This is a term used to describe strict religious adherance, and it's use implies the same when applied to this topic.

FURTHER USE OF THIS WORD OR ANY VARIANT WILL BE MET WITH SWIFT PUNITIVE ACTION!

Chief Administrator
Forum Management Team

Please consider joining the forum's Premium Membership Plan if you are 18 years of age, have made 75 or more posts and have a warning status of 2 strikes or less.

You'll find much more content and forums available for you as a Premium Member. For more info please contact an Administrator who will be more specific about the additional content afforded and walk you through the registration process.

JOIN the Premium Forums!

#122 SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

Sasquatch

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

Here's another picture showing the elbow more clearly.

Posted Image

Of course there's controversy over whether it's really a new species or a new subspecies of Assamese or Tibetan macaques, but personally I would rule out Chico on account of his age and state of probably being dead at the time.

Nice shot of the elbow, Lu......that clinches it....It's definitely Bob's proportions! :)

PattyFace4_zps6f24d0b4.jpg

#123 kitakaze

kitakaze

Sasquatch

• Members
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Look at where Blevins' left knee is in comparison, and the fact that he has to wear shoe risers to try and match Patty's leg length:

Posted Image

21 degrees between pseudo-science gobbledy-goop and you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRi1VLBxtZc&feature=related

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K9V1uUzu-U

Posted Image
Bigfoot is everywhere, yet nowhere. LTC8K6 on the JREF

Bigfooters are like Mets fans. There's always tomorrow. Furious George on the old BFF

You don't have to believe it's real to love Bigfoot. Me

My brain is swimming. Louise (Graziella Granata) Slaughter of the Vampires 1962

#124 roguefooter

roguefooter

Yeti

• Members
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

First of all, that quote was in reference to the proportions of Blevins suit. Padding the upper body made his lower body too small- which does not happen with Patty. Blevins upper legs became too short and he needed shoe risers to meet the height. The exact same thing happened with Heironimus in the Morris suit- the upper legs became too short in proportion to the upper body.

When you could counter the above points then feel free, but posting irrelevant videos about leg angles or a guy walking around without a costume on doesn't cut it.

Edited by roguefooter, 13 March 2012 - 07:46 PM.