Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Also, I have a very distinctive old pickup truck that I drive 'n park in my hiking/research areas near my town, and some how, the BF's have figured out where I live........so I will be respectful to them:) 

Holy crow, Tex. May I ask why you think so?

Here's an interesting link for you: 

http://www.nps.gov/home/planyourvisit/upload/Barbed%20Wire%20Brochure,%20final.pdf

Hey JKH.....there are some 'starter' creeks within a half block of my house that eventually lead to the main creeks & ravines that I hike a few miles away. I drive to more remote areas to start my hikes, but could start at my house if I wanted. Many animals, including our hairy friends, use the creeks & ravines in town to move around undetected, and I suspect that's how they found me by recognizing my truck. They raid certain items out of my trash, often opening, eating, and closing containers. They like to mess with my truck mirrors.......one time leaving a huge hand print with amazing distinct dermal ridges.......don't even ask how bad I screwed up retrieving and recording that evidence:( The Bigfoot evidence curse strikes again! 

Also, prints in the woods next to my house coming from the creek, and one of the better ones pictured below.......a big fellow, and must of been the Alpha, with his massively huge hand print on my mirror.

post-193-0-00046500-1407266519_thumb.jpg

Awesome photos!     Hair catchers -  I've read a couple of different posts mentioning this technique to obtain hair....and barbed wire was one of the materials used in at least one of them. According to Saskeptic, here @ BFF,...this technique was common for bear hair collecting....he mentioned "baiting" was used to get the animal up close enough to possibly snag a sample of hair.  There was another (searched but haven't found yet) mentioning something attached to tree limbs adjacent to a known path that would snag hair if a creature brushed against it...I can't remember exactly what it was.....(thinkin' my wife would echo your wife's sentiments concerning our brain efficiencies)...but I want to say NathanFooter was the one who described it....I'll keep searching. 

Can't help you with the barbed-wire identification....          Thanks again, for sharing your photos!

Edited by HairyWildMan

BFF Patron

Bigtex:   When you cast those footprints in limestone what do you get?    Spray them with wax so the cast releases.     Has Meldrum seen those prints?      He might be very interested and if the limestone can be dated you might have something that would get scientific interest.      Basically it might be the fossil record that science always wants to see.    If science accepts a large humanoid print in limestone in the prehistoric past then they might have to acknowledge that humanoids lived in NA in the past.    Hopefully there are not prints like those and dinosaur footprints in the same limestone layers.    That stuff tends to throw science in a tizzy.  

I have worried about the big guys figuring out where I live.     My research area is only 8 miles from where I live on the same river that runs through the research area.  I thought I saw eye shine from the tree line one night but it was a weird case of reflections off of three different mirrors and the window glass.    Thom Powell did not like it when they found where he lived too. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Here's a mystery print in Limestone that was very near one of the human type prints, and probably a Dinosaur of some type. However, I am one of those that fully believes we walked the earth with these creatures, too much evidence that supports this. I also think that Carbon Dating has added too many zero's.......how can you base anything on an assumption, and in this case the rate of decay of Carbon 14 in the atmosphere........to say that it's remained constant for millions of years is a reach IMO.

Thanks for the barbed wire info guys!!

post-193-0-18572800-1407276309_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigtex

The little lake in the woods refilled last year after drying up a few years back, now dried up again..........will my woods ever be the same? 

post-193-0-69305500-1407422025_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-63675700-1407422036_thumb.jpg

BFF Patron

Bigtex:   There are many examples of things that science chooses to ignore rather than investigate because they do not fit modern theory.     Fabricated metal objects embedded in 2 million years old sediments.     A hand fitted stone wall embedded in Carboniferous Age coal formed about 300 million years old.   An anatomically modern human skeleton found undisturbed before being found by coal miners embedded in Carboniferous Age coal.    Human and dinosaur prints in the same sandstone layers.     Science cannot explain or fit them to the current theories so they choose to ignore them as unexplained anomalies.     

Amen SWW.........have you heard about the Ica Stones? I think about all kinds of stuff when hiking, somehow it just opens the mind:) I'm probably ranting too much guys, and getting waaaay off subject matter, but I always try to keep a completely open mind, it's all connected, and the big guy is part of it too. 

Guest lightheart

I have read about the Ica stones Bigtex. ...... I sometimes think we should throw out everything we think we know and just start over. If the carbon dating process is flawed then the whole foundation of our history is off....maybe way off.

Hiking alone gives me time to ponder things too. I like the quiet of my own company and I think that it helps me to be more aware of the subtle changes that happen around me .

Edited by lightheart

Bigtex - I haven't found the post I was searching for in ref. to hair catching....but I finally remembered (I think) that  the person used the brass bore brushes for cleaning pistols, rifles and shotguns...securing them to branches that were adjacent to a known path...and I believe he said he tied them up high....approx. waist to shoulder high for something taller than the avg. fella.

Sad....that the little lake is dried up....I'm sure lots of critters are missing it too. Our little pond dried up for the 1st time last year...holding water this year, but we've had some unusual rainfall this year...esp. in June- early July.

Just thinkin' out loud here....but isn't your thread title indicating some help needed in Central Texas?  I think you have some latitude in subject matters.....while we try to help each other out....tryin' to figure out what it's all about!       :good:

I started this thread way back in the old forums, and at that time I was looking for like minded individuals to team up with. I am still looking for those like minded individuals, and have met some really great folks here at the Forums........so it still applies:)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been HOOOOT.......no hiking for Bigtex in 2 weeks. All of the Springs & Creeks are bone dry, so have to pack water for the pups when I go. Had some cooler weather yesterday @ 6:30PM, only 96, and headed for the woods with the Rat Terrier and Wolf.......Wolfy is in heat, so had to leave poor Duncan the Ridgeback at home. Interesting hike in that the resident Coyote pack must have smelled my sexy Wolf, and wouldn't leave us alone. At least 6 to 8 of them kept after us, always nearby lurking in the shadows, and making all kinds of howls & yipping noises. Both pups were nervous about the Coyotes, and stayed close. They surrounded us a few times, and wasn't sure if they would attack or not.......kinda missed ole Dunkyboy:) 

We've been getting 10 minute downpours (5 acre showers)...once a day,...for past three days....did the same last week...3 different days....wish y'all had some of it

I suspect that your humidity level is as high as it is over here in SE Tx....makes the 96-99 degree afternoons unbearable....just standing there. 

So,...Duncan recovered OK from the porky quills removal.....(even if he did have lingering soreness,...wouldn't keep him from wanting to hang with Wolfy, huh?)

Duncan is back hiking, and went yesterday........he seemed to have no ill effect from the quills either. He was a basket case for about a week with the Wolf in heat though, and made us all crazy.

Here's an interesting print that I found, fairly large too.

post-193-0-11492200-1408548536_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-31394600-1408548548_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-18176900-1408548584_thumb.jpg

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic