• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 damndirtyape

damndirtyape

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

No but I did see the sasquatch dermals in the prints in the wallow third from the left :blink:

Ok...

#82 Robert2

Robert2

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

Rick, why not use a helicopter to do this?
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

#83 nona

nona

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

If we assume bigfoot has the same kind of metabolism that we do and take one on the larger end of the spectrum, say about 800 lbs., it ought to need about 6000 calories per day.

I heard that Shaquille O'Neal was taking in close to that many calories per day while playing for the Lakers. He's 7'1" but only around 370lbs.
Some pro bodybuilders take in more calories than that also.
"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes
“Quackery has no friend like gullibility.” --Proverb

#84 nona

nona

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

If you look at a gorilla, they are herbivores and are very muscular. The silver backs can weigh from 330 lbs-450 lbs. They tend to put on weight easy and only require about 10 lbs of greens a day which would indicate to me that their metabolism is slower than ours.

Some say gorillas out in the wild eat about ~40-50lbs of vegetation per day.
"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes
“Quackery has no friend like gullibility.” --Proverb

#85 BobbyO

BobbyO

Sasquatch

• Steering Committee
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

Is it my imagination or have Rick's pictures dissapeared ??
It's one thing being obsessed by something, it's another thing entirely and bordering on lunacy to spend big portions of time obsessing over trying to disprove that same something to people who have seen that something, on a Website deidcated to that something. - Bobbyo

Keep the Forum alive, register as a premium member to ensure that by clicking here.

#86 notgiganto

notgiganto

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

Is it my imagination or have Rick's pictures dissapeared ??

Not your imagination. :blink: Was just looking back, and got very confused...I wanted to play, too, even if I didn't have anything to add. :(
I may believe in the possibility of the existence of relict populations of undiscovered hominoid creatures, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck...

I don't think that what 'bigfootery' is searching for is Gigantopithecus, or even a descendant thereof...but I reserve the right to be wrong :)

#87 toejam

toejam

Yowie

• Banned
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

An acquaintance of mine in Ohio has recently established activity again. He's had 2 decades of ongoing activity in the same area.

He just contacted me and told me he found 2 piles of supposed squatch scat. Not sure what to tell him how to go about preserving it for research.
Any suggestions are welcome. I'm waiting on pics.

#88 Dudlow

Dudlow

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

B) From what I can recall from previous discussions about scat on the old Forum, trace DNA survives only about 24 hours in fresh poop before it breaks down into nonviable waste.

Any parasites, on the other hand, remain viable for a much longer period of time and can be identified and compared with other specimens. The parasite thing is interesting because, as I recall, BF poop is unique in North America in that it sometimes contains evidence of a parasite found only in the Himalaya and Siberia regions.
- Dudlow

#89 toejam

toejam

Yowie

• Banned
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Thanks Dudlow.

#90 rhellis38

rhellis38

Bukwas

• Readers
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Gigantor - this is post 100. What do I do next?
Robin-a-Bobbin He bent his bow, Shot a pigeon And killed a crow;
Shot at another; And killed his brother, Did Robin-a-Bobbin, Who bent his bow

Pogo per Walt Kelly

#91 Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Sasquatch

• Sésquac
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Gigantor - this is post 100. What do I do next?

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/30015-important-news-premium-access-memberships-are-now-available/

Who is John Galt?

#92 spurfoot

spurfoot

Wildman

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

When there is a hole in the ground evidently having had a rock in it, but no rock around, this might be a sign that BF is collecting rocks to create a house/den. Try looking for something highly disguised by bushes or windfall trees.

#93 norseman

norseman

Bigfoot

• Steering Committee
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Bip
Is this the type of evidence you are talking about, I find these regulary in one of my research areas. As you can see from the attachment this isn't a small rock, somewhere in the 40 -50kg mark

Chances are that is the work of a black bear.
www.projectgrendel.com

#94 BFSleuth

BFSleuth

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Bears are very adept at flipping large rocks to get at grubs and mice.

#95 indiefoot

indiefoot

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

I think his research is in Australia. Woodenbong is banned now.

#96 yowiie

yowiie

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

We don't have black bears in Australia

I think his research is in Australia. Woodenbong is banned now.

No,I wasn't banned, I'm still here. I changed my name back to yowiie
"They are Here"

#97 BFSleuth

BFSleuth

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

Interesting, well is there any other animals in Australia that turn over rocks like that to get grubs or other small critters?

#98 yowiie

yowiie

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

As you can sse by the depth of the rock it was lodges quite deeply in the soil, there isn't any known animal in australia that could possibly have moved that rock. Feral pigs move small logs etc, but there isn't any sign of pigs in this area, there isn't any indication around the surrounding area of the rock to suggest pigs have been digging. It has been rolled out by something other than pig
"They are Here"

#99 CMBigfoot

CMBigfoot

Bukwas

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

So, if he's correct, you should be looking for scat with pine needles in it during the winter...

I found scat with fir needles in it, late fall/winter time.

#100 Elaine

Elaine

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Grasshoppers, crickets, beetles, and grubs can be found under rocks,  behind loose bark, in decaying stumps, and inside seed pods.

Cicadas, scorpions, tarantula's, termites, ants, moths, butterflies, snails, works, leeches.

I think there is probably an abundance of foods that we just don't think about.

Anyone who has studied foraging knows you take acorns home, put them in water, use the ones that sink to make acorn flour and toss the acorns that float away... NOT.

Many of the acorns that float will have a grub inside, usually a weevil larva.

http://www.survivali...ad.php?t=138890

Edited by Elaine, 14 May 2013 - 09:19 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users