Bigfoot "speech"

Bipedalist,

No, I'm sure there were no people around. It was late, & people just don't come around here at night. It sounded like they were having some kind of disagreement. There was a lot going on that night, but I didn't start recording until I heard the talking.

At about the 2 second mark, I hear a Hel-oo, then immediately the "frog" starts. It's kind of an eh-eh-eh. More frogs, and at 8 seconds there's a big "HELL-OOOOO". At 13 seconds there's what sounds like a knock. It could have been me or one of the BFs, hard to tell. 14-19 is talking, but I can't understand what they're saying. The noise at 20 was me moving around. The clicks at 24 could have been me, too. Then the noise at 28 was one of those "hog noises" that they make.

The first time I heard that noise, it was some smaller ones & it sounded like somebody killing pigs. It was a long time before I realized that it was them doing it.

This is a clip from a longer recording, & at the end, it sounds like a fight broke out between two or three bulls.

It's a really interesting recording.

Edited by Sasfooty

BFF Patron

I couldn't make out the two and eight second marks as speech but I did amplify and try to clean up this segment, on the last phoneme there seems to be either a double-bark or double-sound made almost simultaneously, that same pair of sounds is made earlier in this same segment. Had fun with this segment, very interesting.

Maybe someone else can tweak it a little more.

Funny too, but I hear something on the order of...."That's no barrel, that's glass" (maybe "a sack" for "glass")--- can't make out the last phoneme in slowing it. It probably ain't English but a language unknown to the listener (on second thought not a true xenoglossy but that's a good scrabble word for "x", lol) if it's the big guy though (not to say intonations might not be imitated too; or that English words haven't been heard by others from them)

BFF Patron

No I don't , It would just seem to be a logical question to ask when communicating with a stranger. Though I do have recorded vocalizations that could be interpreted to be the phrase "who are you" in a screaming sort of voice like this one below.

strange-cry.wav

That's a good one SY, on slowing it, I hear a three tone metallic-type sound or maybe a meek vocal before the cry begins, that double tonal cry is awesome.

Guest Filtereyez

Just gonna throw this in here as the legend makes reference to a spoken language.

This is excerpts from chapter 6 of Linda Coil Suchy's book "Who's Watching You". This chapter is freely viewable in it's entirety here : http://www.hancockhouse.com/products/whowat.htm

Were thought to be Extinct:

"The Seeahtiks were last heard of by the Clallam Indians

about fifteen years ago, and it was believed by the present

day Indians, that they had become extinct. The Seeahtik

Tribe make their home in the heart of the wilderness on

Vancouver Island and also on the Olympic Range.

As described by the Clallam Indians, the Seeahtiks are

seven to eight feet tall. They have hairy bodies like the

bear. They are great hypnotists, and kill their game by hypnotism.

They also have a gift of ventriloquism, throwing

their voices at great distances and can imitate any bird in

the Northwest. They have a very keen sense of humor,”

Totsgi added.

In the past generations they stole many Indian women

and Indian babies. They lived entirely in the mountains,

coming down to the shores only when they wanted a

change of diet. The Quinaults claim they generally came

once a year to the Quinault River, about fall. The Clallams

say they favored the river area near Brinnon on Hood

Canal. After having their fill of fresh salmon, they stole

dried salmon from the Indian women.

The Seeahtik Tribe is harmless if left alone. The

Clallam Tribe, however, at one time several generations

ago, killed a young man of the Seeahtik Tribe to their everlasting

sorrow, for they killed off a whole branch of the

Clallam Tribe but one, and he was merely left to tell the

tale to the other Clallams up-Sound. The Clallam Indians

believed that the Seeahtik Tribe had become extinct.

It is fifteen years since their tracks were last seen and

recognized at the Brinnon River. Prior to that time, many

Clallam Indians have met and talked with men of this

strange tribe for the Seeahtiks talk the strange tongue of the

Clallams, which is said to have originated from the bear

tongue."

"Henry Napoleon of the Clallam Tribe is the only Indian

who was ever invited to the home of the Seeahtik Tribe. It

was while Napoleon was visiting relatives on the British

Columbia coast about thirty years ago (that would have

made the year roughly 1895) that he met a Seeahtik while

hunting.

The giant Indian then invited him to their home, which is in

the very heart of the wilderness on Vancouver Island.

Napoleon claims they live in a large cave. He was treated

with every courtesy and told some of their secrets. He

claims that the giant Indians made themselves invisible by

strange medicine that they rub over their bodies and that

they had great hypnotic powers and the gift of ventriloquism.

Some Indians claim that during the process of evolution

when the Indian was changing from animal to man, the

Seeahtik did not fully absorb the “Tamanaweis,” or soulpower,

and thus he became an anomaly in the process of

evolution.

The Indians of the North-West are of the belief that the

“mountain devils” found at Mount St. Helens are the

Seeahtik Indians as it is generally their custom to frighten

persons who have displeased them by throwing rocks at

them."

In my own research I have came across this very same story told me by tribal elders as well as similar stories by other tribes in my general area (PNW) Many of the tribes here recount that the tribe we refer to as bigfoot did indeed spoke a language of their own as well as spoke a dialect of the Clallums. I have even came across accounts of them rarely but occasionally coming down from their dwelling places to even trade with certain tribal members.

Anyway I just thought some of you might find this interesting,

Filtereyez

Guest vilnoori

That hog like sound, there was a bit like that on the Sierra growl, too. I couldn't open that last wav file for some reason, got an error message. And the only stuff at the other web site is for sale.

That whoopwhoop sounds like coyotes a bit. They are very vocal. And the howl sounds like wolves. But it might be a lot louder and lower I guess.

The trouble seems to be that they always sound like something else. Either birds (whistles) dogs/wolves/coyotes (yips, whoops, howls, growls), hogs (grunts, growls, squeals) or people (chatter, mumbles, children).

So it could all be explained away. Its fun but not conclusive.

Filtereyez,

Great story! I think that is likely true about the ventriloquism.

They used it to play a joke on a friend & me one afternoon while we were fishing. We finally realized what was happening after about 30 minutes.

I found these interesting articles on primate speech that I thought would be good to put here. The first article explains the difference between just stringing symbols(words) that are identifiers together and what is considered true speech. The second article gives an overview of the benefits for interspecies communication and highlights the research going on with Koko and sign language:

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/ling002.html

http://www.koko.org/friends/significance.koko.html

BFF Patron
....That hog like sound, there was a bit like that on the Sierra growl, too. I couldn't open that last wav file for some reason, got an error message. And the only stuff at the other web site is for sale.....

Found alot of the Sierra Sounds here: http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Bigfoot_sounds_sound.aspx

Guest wudewasa

A good story....

"MONEYMAKER:

In our earlier phone call to arrange this interview you mentioned something about the creatures, -the Zoobies, mimicking human speech ... ?

HUSE:

Yes, one of the lighter stories I recall happened when the doctor got home after dark one night. They had chickens there, and earlier he'd called his wife to say he was going to be late and to remind her to feed the chickens before night fall, which she did. When the doctor got home he had to exit his car, open the gate, drove through and stopped, then got out of the car again to close the gate behind him. He said that when he went to close the gate that night he heard a very low, very guttural voice say, 'Here chicky, chicky, chicky...'

MONEYMAKER:

That's funny and not unprecedented in the research. Are you saying the impression was that one of the creature's was imitating the doctors wife who’d called in the chickens earlier?

HUSE:

Exactly. It was the doctor's opinion, and we had no reason to doubt him, that the Zoobie had some type of intelligence and the capability of producing sounds like that."

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/zoobies.htm

BFF Patron

Good stuff wude.....one of the all-time classics in mimicry!

I love the "Chicky, chicky" story!

A friend of mine told me he heard the same thing behind his house, & he had never heard that story.

One night, I got a recording of a cat meowing, & a little girls voice saying "Here Kitty". It's more like "Hee Kee, Hee Kee".