Populated Squatch

Guest SquatchinNY

Guest SquatchinNY

Would a squatch come into a more populated area, at night, with some woods around? Just if he (she) was passing through? Has a squatch gone into a town that is fairly large before?

I don't know about other states, but reports from VA seem often to come from areas adjacent to population centers. Never have quite figured this one out, as it seems counter-intuitive for a creature that attempts to stay hidden from humans at all costs. Do we discount most of these sightings? I just don't know what to do with them, as far as fitting them into my personal BF paradigm.

Do these areas just happen to fall into movement patterns/routes? Are we lucky that we have rural areas so close to major population centers? Is it all a bunch of hooey, and there are no/VERY FEW BFs in VA in the first place? Could these creatures be opportunistically taking advantage of human population related food sources? I have seen/heard of reports of Squatches raiding dumpsters, soooo.....

This is just one of several i have read, from my region . From quite a while ago, not only in the township, but within the village limits.

Biggie edit: I removed the bigfoot site link with no BFF reciprocal link in it from this post. The report text on that site would not copy to paste here so I copied the screen, uploaded the picture to a site, then pasted the pic link here for you imonacan so everyone could view the report. Guys remember that you can do this in the future if the text can not be copied from a bigfoot site that has no BFF recip link in it since the link can not be posted here.

bfreport.jpg

Edited by Biggie
-Removed bigfoot link with no BFF reciprocal link, added text.

"it seems counter-intuitive for a creature that attempts to stay hidden from humans at all costs."

To have a sighting you need a bigfoot and a witness. British Columbia has more sasquatch habitat then Wash. Ore. and Calif. combined, yet fewer sightings than Washington. Why would that be? I'd say BC has fewer people to witness sasquatch activity in those huge forest expanses.

You are right - you do need the human to have the sighting, so fewer people equal fewer sightings.I get that. But my point is that there are plenty of humans in rural areas here in VA: why would areas near population centers produce(seemingly) more reported sightings (ex., Fairfax, in the DC Metro area, on the BFRO map)? It is that very paradox that I was pointing out. VA and MD's sightings seem to often occur in the very populated counties that you might think BF would avoid. It makes me wonder if some people are really seeing what they think they are seeing, or if there is some media/mass culture phenomenon at work here. I just don't know, is why I raised the questions. Do you really think that "more humans to see the creatures = more sightings" notion explains that? AM I being clear, or do I need more coffee? The issue could be that our sample size of reported sightings is so small that no real conclusions can be drawn when it comes to certain areas...

edit to remove word: many from "many more sightings" after further thought....

Edited by notgiganto

There would surely be some ratio principle involved. Where the two population curves (bigfoot and human) overlap near their highest points, and the nocturnal curve for humans is at a high level (cities that never sleep) I would expect to see the greatest level of sightings for a region.

The attraction would be for a quick, easy meal. You can think about it from the perspective of other animals that have learned that the presence of man equals the presence of easy meals. Look at all of the issues with bears wandering into heavily populated areas to scavenge in the trash. They have learned that there is low energy output involved in trash diving for food and it's readily available. More people equal greater opportunities for scoring a quick meal via the dumpster buffet.

Guest BFSleuth

There was a dumpster diving BF sighting within 3 miles of Sea-Tac airport:

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=28743

There is also a previous thread here discussing the density of reports around the greater Chicago metro area.

Many of these urban sightings are in or near waterways that connect seemingly disconnected wooded areas where they can hide out in the day, then travel the waterways at night or cross roads at night to get to the next wooded area. The Sea-Tac sighting was at a nursing home just off a ravine that goes right down to Puget Sound in a highly populated area... but there are a series of ravines up and down the shore that have thick woods and a short swim across the Sound will get them access to more wooded terrain on Vashon Island or the Kitsap Peninsula.

By "short swim" I'm thinking in terms of their abilities... not mine.

Edited by BFSleuth

There are plenty of reports from Anne Arundel County, MD, population approaching 1/2 million people. Also a lot of them from around the outskirts of Louisville, KY (also about 1/2 million).

I remember reading another report (maybe on BFRO) submitted by a fellow from a small town in Montana. He worked in a donut shop and had to get to work at about 3AM in order to start the donuts for the morning. One very cold and snowy morning he looked out the front window of the shop and saw a bigfoot walking right down the main street of town. He said he stepped out in front of the shop and watched the bigfoot walk a couple of blocks down the street and turn onto a small side street, where he lost sight of him.

Guest SquatchinNY

Do you think a squatch could go through a town at night without being seen? Other animals must go by and not be seen.