Populated Squatch

Guest SquatchinNY

Guest Twilight Fan

I can't speak for everyone's town, but my street has no street lights on at night. So it can become VERY dark, and you wouldn't notice anything lurking even a few feet from you if outside. I'd say if they exist, a sas could definitely sneak by undetected in similar neighborhoods.

Guest SquatchinNY

K folks. Here, is a screenshot. If a squatch were to travel down that power line route, do you think it would be seen? If it was dark.

I think a LOT of animals travel along powerline right of ways. Much easier path to travel than heavily forested/wooded terrain is only the beginning of advantages.

K folks. Here, is a screenshot. If a squatch were to travel down that power line route, do you think it would be seen? If it was dark.

If you were to imagine a shot of that same location in the dark, the answer to your question would be self-evident.

Edited by Bonehead74

Here's a screenshot of Crittendon, Ky off of Google Earth. Note the clear areas flanking the East-West roads and the wooded areas in between. The roads run along the tops of the ridges. The cleared areas are homes and farms flanking the roads on the relatively level areas along the tops of the ridges and on the gentler slopes. The wooded areas run between the ridges and between the fingers running off of the ridges. The contours of the landscape were formed by flowing water, so you can surmise that there are small streams and creeks running in these low areas, some intermittently based on rainfall.

Obviously there's plenty of cover and concealment in the area and sufficient room for a small group of bigfoot to hang out for extended periods of time.

Edited to add: The prominent North-South Road is I-71.

Edited by JDL

Guest alford anthony

Why not.I now live in St.Louis in a town of 20 thousand plus. I have one acre of property with a 4 to 5 ft hurricane fence and have had deer in my yard on two occasions.There are no wooded areas around? AND NO I DIDNT SHOOT THEM,THAY WERE OUT OF SEASON :hunter:

Guest Jodie

Best way to figure out if something can be seen in your area is to pick the route you are thinking of and try it out for yourself with one of those kiddy night vision binoculars for about 40 dollars. Then have a friend watch to see if they can see you coming or going.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=night+vision+goggles&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=531476676224534894&sa=X&ei=gI1TT8G_AsS3twfOw7iFBA&ved=0CKoBEPMCMAI

We had a bear come through town last October via the river system in broad daylight. According to the DNR, I was the only one that called to report it which shows you how unobservant most folks are.

Guest Cervelo

I gotta tell ya unless someone is already using a power line right of way and has established a path (dirt bikes or 4wheelers)

They are not that easy to navigate on foot, the few I've stumbled across(lost) while hunting where a wall of new growth, briars, shrubs, ect.

The woods where much easier to navigate.

IMO this is one of those "theroies" that get suggested and morph into fact after they are repeated enough times.

These things look real easy to navigate on google earth no doubt!

Go find one start walking it then see what you

"think for yourself".

No one has taken a decent picture of one (that I have seen) since 1967 (if the PGF is real) so I doubt they would be hiking through towns or even living anywhere near populated areas that did not back onto huge forests...otherwise they wouldn't be a mystery at all. IMHO.

Cheers

Edited by summitwalker

I would rather push and duck my way through dense laurels and rhododendron.

Open areas like that = walls of briars and rose bushes. Some of them taller than most folks. Not fun.

Very good point, Cerv.

Path of least resistance is always going to be the best for any animal including Bigfoot.Trails ,powerlines ,river beds you name it they will travel it.

I think Cervelo's right about the power line right of ways. Most reoprts of them being seen in a right of way, say they were crossing it, rather than following it. I do know for a fact, though that they run railroad tracks.

Whenever I read of a report from a presumably populated area, such as the Anarundel area in suburban DC, I like to check out Google Earth to see what "populated" means...and in those cases where the reports seem realistic to me I typically find that there are overgrown areas of drainage or preserved wildlands connecting to the area's hinterlands. Even during the day humans rarely if ever really go into the overgrown areas in their neighborhoods and at night people are almost functionally night-blind when it comes to seeing into a landscape, and rarely can see beyond the projected beam of their flashlights or headlights. If BF exists with the kinds of intelligences one might expect for a close relative to humans to have, as many seem to think they are, then they could possibly be quite close on occasion and yet avoid detection. Cheers

Guest BFSleuth

There has been a lot of discussion of habitat and travel "corridors" that BF take. Corridors can be train tracks, streams or other waterways, wooded areas, or power lines. With enough connections between what at first appear to be smallish wooded areas, like ravines near surburban sprawl, many large animals can have enough area to roam.

I remember talking with a park ranger for a county park on Puget Sound. He told me that there were cougars and at least three herds of deer that moved from ravine to ravine up and down the beaches and railways on the Sound at night to get to their ravine hideaways in the day. The sighting near Sea-Tac airport was just off of one of those ravines.