Do You Want Science To Have A Body?

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If i would have asked myself this question at the beginning of the year, my answer would have been a definitive yes. Since joining this forum my opinion has greatly changed. I have never really believed in hunting for sport, if it was absolutely necessary for population control, that's another story, i don't consider controlling a population hunting for sport. BFs acceptence by science would draw an enormous amount of poachers i'm sure. I encourage people who are interested in this subject to go out into the world an experience nature for yourself. Watch and observe and maybe you'll be lucky enough to prove this creatures existence to yourself. The eye witness accounts that seem so compelling to me are from people who don't hesitate to share there story, but don't go out seeking to. They are completely content with the fact that they've accepted this creatures existence due to personal experience. I think this is the path more of us should try and follow, It is the better path. I don't personally think science should have a body as i feel it would only cause harm to BF as a species. I would like to know others opinions on the subject.

I walked up on a Bigfoot while hunting 25 years ago and forgot I even had a gun, I was so shocked at what I was seeing. My grandpa and my father taught me to live off the land and to never, ever kill anything I was not going to eat. I hunt because I grew up doing it, it is a family tradition but I only kill what my family would eat. If I was to walk up onto another bigfoot today, there is no way at all that I would murder this creature, I don't plan on eating it and I don't want the fame or the money that you will get for shooting one. They can keep it and the creature can stay on his land.

Now that is a good way of thinking. ^_^

Guest Bipedal Ape

yes. thats if they exist of course. I would encourage any hunters out there if they get a bigfoot in their sights to shoot.

Guest Twilight Fan

A part of you screams YES! and a part of you screams NO! It makes humans look like a jerky species if we shoot everything for "sport" and not for food. But then, this phenomenon has been a mystery for soooo long. And soooo many people do not believe in Bigfoot. (I myself don't know if he exists). A body would prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I think that if a dead Bigfoot body was found and turned into science, that is the best of both worlds. That way, it hasn't been killed by someone but its existence is still being validated. So, I voted YES. Getting around the bad part with my loophole idea. ;)

Edited by Twilight Fan

If anyone asked this question from say ancient Egyptian times to say 30 years ago no one would have had any issue with shooting a couple of bigfoots in the name of science. While I don't agree with sport hunting just to hunt and shoot wild animals (not for food) I still would have no problem with someone shooting a specimen for scientific purposes today.

Guest toejam

A 100% definite NO. Anyone that shoots a Sasquatch IMO deserves the flurry of anger and hatred that will surely haunt them for many years to come, possibly even put their lives at risk.

Just to prove their existence? I hope whoever pulls that trigger pays dearly (in a negative sense) for their action.

You want to know if they're real? Get off your you know what and go figure it out for yourself. You don't have to travel that far.

Guest Bipedal Ape

A 100% definite NO. Anyone that shoots a Sasquatch IMO deserves the flurry of anger and hatred that will surely haunt them for many years to come, possibly even put their lives at risk.

Just to prove their existence? I hope whoever pulls that trigger pays dearly (in a negative sense) for their action.

You want to know if they're real? Get off your you know what and go figure it out for yourself. You don't have to travel that far.

Not everyone lives in north america

So much seems to be made of/about the "hunting scenario", and how horrible it would make the person who bagged one....

I dont get it at all.

If you say you want a body for science, species recognition, future protection of habitat, whatever - then consider the following two options...

Scenario A : Bigfoot gets shot with a high powered rifle from a distance, and drops within a few meters, dead.

Scenario B: Bigfoot gets absolutely creamed by an 18-wheeler log truck barrelling down a moutain pass at 60+ MPH....

Do you think it really matters to the bigfoot ? Something tells me its not going to "enjoy" either scenario.....

I personally dont believe in hunting any animal for "sport" only, but for the benefit to science, and of course my own personal financial gain- I would have literally zero problem with blasting a Bigfoot if it was in range, and I felt comfortable that the weapon I carried was powerful enough to knock it down, and keep it down.

Do you suppose you could sell a bigfoot carcass on Ebay, to the highest bidder? :money:

Guest krakatoa

I feel like I've been baited & switched. The poll question has no moral component inherent in it, yet the discussion seems to be completely about whether it is morally acceptable to kill a bigfoot for science.

In my experience, threads like this invariably bring out the keyboard commandos.

Guest Twilight Fan
I personally dont believe in hunting any animal for "sport" only, but for the benefit to science, and of course my own personal financial gain- I would have literally zero problem with blasting a Bigfoot if it was in range, and I felt comfortable that the weapon I carried was powerful enough to knock it down, and keep it down.

Do you suppose you could sell a bigfoot carcass on Ebay, to the highest bidder? :money:

Art, I'm not sure whether you've considered this. But I'm guessing, the reason a lot of people won't consider "hunting" a Bigfoot (as you call it), or murdering one...is because, well...What if Bigfoot is not just an animal? What if Bigfoots are a form of hairy, wild human being? Or something very similar? Would you have no qualms ending one's life, just for a healthy dose of benjamins? I hope not. Murder is never worth money, and Bigfoot for all we know could be just another race of human.

Edited by Twilight Fan

Let's hope that the current DNA study will provide enough groundwork to make an informed decision on the ethics of hunting a BF.

Guest Bipedal Ape

yea would be nice if that dna study was coming out soon but its looking like 2013 maybe 2014.

one dead squatch would be for the greater good of the species.

Guest Twilight Fan

Disagree, Bipedal. One dead squatch would NOT be for the greater good of the species. Once humans know they exist (if they do), there would be far more hunting and bothering them. Maybe they just want to be left alone.

Edited by Twilight Fan

Guest Bipedal Ape

theres enough people hunting them already and getting nowhere, none have been shot so far, they are the masters of the forests, humans pose no real threat.