• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 John T

John T

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

A trackway has been found in the Humptulips WA area near Donkey Creek. The report is posted on the Hunting WA Forum:

http://hunting-washi...p?topic=93778.0

I've found some interesting things BF related in the same area.

#2 JiggyPotamus

JiggyPotamus

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. There is neat stuff to be found on hunting forums. I suppose hunters could be in the woods more often than regular people, maybe, therefore they could have the greatest chance to see a bigfoot. But, a good point from the thread you linked, is that most people going into the woods take little to no care in concealing themselves, therefore any animal could avoid them if it was so inclined. Hunters are a lot more stealthy on average I would say; especially bow hunters, as they need to be relatively close to their target.

#3 maddog23

maddog23

Wildman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

I found it interesting that the scoffers didn't address the stride length issue. That seems impossible to fake unless you happen to be 7+ feet tall.

#4 BFSleuth

BFSleuth

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

I agree, maddog. The trackway isn't the classic "in-line" as noted by many trackway sighting reports, slightly side to side. However, the length of the strides and the lack of significant markings in the snow between the strides speaks to someone not only with the capability to take long strides, but to enter each step almost vertically. Look for comparison at the trackway of the hunter next to the original trackway, lots of snow globs scattered about.

Also of note is the distance of the trackway from any trailhead, the hunter's statement they were the only group in the area, and the fact the trackway went down into a ravine and back up while maintaining long clean strides.

#5 maddog23

maddog23

Wildman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

Reports and photos like this really puzzle me. I swing from "they must be real" to "there's no way they're real" on a frequent basis. Which is why I am dying to see the MK DNA results. That will settle it for me.

Edited by maddog23, 08 March 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#6 John T

John T

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

It seems the faster the trackmaker walks, the more "tightrope" the trackway appears. This is true for people too. I've found stuff in this area myself, it is a productive area!

#7 Thepattywagon

Thepattywagon

Yowie

• Banned
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

There is a very long sidewalk in my area that is popular with joggers. However, many choose to run on the grass strip that runs alongside to avoid injury from running on cement. Over the years, a trail has been worn into the grass area. What I noticed the other day is that the 'running trail' is probably less than a foot wide. If a person were to attempt to walk on it instead of running, it would be tough to do without walking in a 'tightrope' fashion. But apparently it's plenty wide when a person is running.

#8 wufgar

wufgar

Booger

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

apparently it's plenty wide when a person is running.

Good observation. I'm a regular runner - placing ones step "in line" is the most economic use of your energy. All regular runners will naturally gravitate toward that type of foot placement for that reason. Maybe BF, too.

#9 BFSleuth

BFSleuth

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I have pretty extensive experience walking in snow of all kinds. When I hike on trail or in the bush I normally walk a very narrow path. However, when I walk in the snow I start spreading side to side to maintain balance, especially when "post holing"...

.... and normally when I'm hiking deep snow I also have ski poles in each hand to help balance and give extra push.

Post holing is hard work. Normally in a climbing team the leader will post hole for a ways as the others follow in the same tracks, then step aside and let the team climb through as you take a break.

From the appearance of the tracks it seems like they were fairly fresh, with little deterioration of the chunks of snow that fell into the bottom of the tracks... almost no melting.

Based on the pictures and the observations of the person that saw the tracks, with the stride length and size of the tracks and the terrain they crossed, it had to have been done by someone or something that is really tall and strong. Unlikely to be human, or if human would be of interest to any NFL or NBA team in a heartbeat!

Edited by BFSleuth, 09 March 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#10 deerhunter98520

deerhunter98520

Booger

• Inactive
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Hey guys...new to the forum....a friend of mine told me you guys were duscussing my thread on hunt-wa....those are my pics on there....any ?'s feel free to ask away

#11 Thepattywagon

Thepattywagon

Yowie

• Banned
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Welcome Deerhunter!
I noticed that you said the tracks were 17 1/8 inches. Did you measure the distance between the tracks by chance?
Thanks

#12 deerhunter98520

deerhunter98520

Booger

• Inactive
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

i didnt have a tape measure with me at the time but i did measure after the fact....i measured my longest stretched out stride at 54" and his stride was a little big longer...i would say 60" or so with ease...as you can see in the pic the tracks were pressed straight down into the snow...not dragged or slidding if it was a person jumping or stretched out....also noted was it went toe first into the snow like it was sneaking around...i could feel each toe in the impressions and there was a little overhang of snow above the toes

#13 maddog23

maddog23

Wildman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for stopping by, Deerhunter. I hated to see people mocking you...and no one asking the question of "how?" I also enjoyed hearing the various stories that hunters have. Very interesting! I'm pretty familiar with the Packwood area and was hoping to see some reports from there, but no luck!

#14 deerhunter98520

deerhunter98520

Booger

• Inactive
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

thanks,
i was hoping to get more stories off the site but i think after them mocking me alot of the people didnt want to come forward...but a few stuck up with me....i got a few guys sending me pm's that want to go out so ill meet up with them and hopfully get some more stories.

Posted Imagethats where the tracks came out of.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

my 3 walking steps on the left...to his one on the right
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 maddog23

maddog23

Wildman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Those are some great pics! You can see where your feet dragged some between steps and even the little snowballs between your steps. But not the other ones. Glad you had your camera!

#16 deerhunter98520

deerhunter98520

Booger

• Inactive
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Yeah i tried my hardest to recreate the stride length and it just wasnt happening

#17 John T

John T

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Welcome to the Bigfoot Forums Deerhunter. I have found interesting evidence in the Donkey Creek area before. A friend who frequents the Hunt WA Forum told me about your post, so I linked it here. I assume this track find was to the East of 101, about how far from the Highway was it?

#18 deerhunter98520

deerhunter98520

Booger

• Inactive
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

I would say 15- 20 miles off the highway..it was a ways back there...we were actually following some wolf tracks down the middle of the road and thats when we ran into these tracks.....im going back up to the area on the 17th for a day/night investigation...if you know where the natural spring its out past that a ways

#19 John T

John T

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

Oh yeah.......that entire area, as well as the Quinault and the upper Wynoochee is squatchy! Good luck out there, let us know if you find anything! I'll be out by Mt. Rainier this weekend pokin' around.....

#20 deerhunter98520

deerhunter98520

Booger

• Inactive
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

Ill let ya know how it goes...my sis just ordered a bionic ear and digital.recorder. so with any luck ill hear the whoops again!