Photo

Any Bigfoot Sightings In North Carolina?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Tarfoot96

Tarfoot96

Booger

• Inactive
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

It doesn't seem like Bigfoot sigthings are awfully common here in NC.However,with all its unsettled land, North Carolina seems like almost the perfect place for a Bigfoot,so I'm thinking perhaps there are a lot of sightings that go unreported.This is just a thought.But anyway,have any of you heard of any Bigfoot sightings in the state-or,better yet,have you had one yourself?

#2 Bonehead74

Bonehead74

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

The BFRO lists 77 sightings on their website. Have you looked there?

If you see something that... looks human and isn't, you keep your eyes on it and you feel for your hatchet.

Whatever they are, they are very dumb animals, and may be, as a group, retarded... -Branco, on Type III unknown primates

Defecation can't be completely controlled. -bobali

#3 RavenMadd

RavenMadd

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

my sighting was in mcdowell county near mount mitchell in western n.c.....in respect of my friend and her family property thats all I can say
Nothing Leads To Nothing......RavenMadd

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance". Albert Einstein.

#4 Tarfoot96

Tarfoot96

Booger

• Inactive
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

To Bukwas,I actually did see the BFRO page;when you think about it,I guess 77 is a rather large amount.But it seems like most of the sightings are in the mountains,instead of the eastern part of the state,where I live.Am I right?It makes sense,since the mountainous areas are less populated than places like Wayne County or Pitt County.

Wildman,I can certainly understand why you would not want to give too much information.It's interesting that you had a sighting in McDowell County,since the BFRO website lists two other sightings there since 2008.Has anyone else had any experiences in that area?

#5 Jonathan Poulsen

Jonathan Poulsen

Wildman

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Yeah, that phoney 'Knobby' video is from NC.

#6 operator

operator

Booger

• Inactive
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

is the knobby the thermal image?

#7 Chad Triplett

Chad Triplett

Booger

• Readers
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

wildman where do you live? I am about 50 min ride from mt Mitchell area....I live in Caldwell and I have a BFRO report for Caldwell Co on Wilson Creek back in 98.

#8 wild eyed willy

wild eyed willy

Chiye-tanka

• Inactive
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Tarfoot, There are sightings around the middle of the state too.. You are right, NC is prime BF realestate and any place you choose to investigate is better than no place at all...

I am shopping for a home here in the carolinas now. perhaps we could put our colective heads together and go searching some time. I think you would be surprised at how close to civilization you can encounter these creaturs... I know of several reports that have them right in the heart of the city... One in particular was reported at a dumpster in Hartford CT. ( Hartford is the second largest city in CT.) I have been through Hartford, you wouldn't ever expect to find a squatch there, heck, I don't even know why the people live there. Many reports of squatches come from your average suburban neighborhoods. So don't let your location disuade you.
I'm taking my carrot and I'm going home!

#9 Tarfoot96

Tarfoot96

Booger

• Inactive
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Have you ever had any Bigfoot encounters,Wild Eyed Willy?

#10 Cervelo

Cervelo

Bigfoot

• Banned
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Don't forget this place Dismal Swamp Va/NC!
Posted Image

#11 Tarfoot96

Tarfoot96

Booger

• Inactive
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

You're right about the Great Dismal Swamp.It doesn't get much more rural than that.And nice picture too.Wouldn't it be nice to get a Bigfoot picture as clear as that one?

#12 Jonathan Poulsen

Jonathan Poulsen

Wildman

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Operator, the 'Knobby' video was of a man in a brown monkey suit crossing the road in rural N.C., it is quite blurry too.

#13 Kite-Squatch

Kite-Squatch

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

You guys beat me to the 'Great Dismal Swamp' {straddles Southeastern Virginia & Northeastern North Carolina}. There are a few sightings listed in various places online.

I have wanted to do some 'squatching' there myself, but given my current situation - {primarily} BEING UNEMPLOYED - for me those kinds of activities have been put on hold for the time being....

Edited by Kite-Squatch, 25 March 2012 - 08:14 PM.

The wolf is always at the door.” -- Don Henley

#14 Tarfoot96

Tarfoot96

Booger

• Inactive
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Does anyone here have an experience to share?

#15 wild eyed willy

wild eyed willy

Chiye-tanka

• Inactive
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

No, I have yet to have my first BF encounter, But I look forward to th day it happens.

#16 Tarfoot96

Tarfoot96

Booger

• Inactive
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

It'll happen when you least expect it.Most importantly of all,just don't ever give up hope. :)

#17 wild eyed willy

wild eyed willy

Chiye-tanka

• Inactive
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

I don't give up, I am convinced they are out there.

#18 Tarfoot96

Tarfoot96

Booger

• Inactive
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Anybody there?

#19 LAL

LAL

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

I heard about one in Cherokee. A fisherman reportedly saw one on the edge of a meadow in Big Cove.

WNC is prime habitat. I was surprised to learn the Pisgah National Forest is larger than the Gifford Pinchot in Washington State and the Gifford Pinchot is larger than the state of Delaware.

#20 Sunflower

Sunflower

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

LAL I love Pisgah. We have tried faithfully to visit each year. Last June we took our granddaughter to the top, had lunch at the restaurant and it was perfect. She is at a perfect age now and is developing her photography skills. She took nearly 400 pics on that trip.

When the interstate was closed a few years ago due to a rock slide, we drove the old route. If you have lots of time, I recommend that. Drive early in the morning at 6am, it's just magical. Take the highway that goes through Hot Springs and follow it down to Asheville.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users