What Would You Do If You Found The Patty Costume In A Pawn Shop?

Guest parnassus

Bonehead, I have no idea what would convince me, but Parn did bring up it being "authenticated" and so that to me is an important fact. If you are going to say you found the PGF suit you need to get someone or someones to say it is what you claim to be. Otherwise no one will take it seriously.

RB,

See why I don't like these "what if?" scenarios? :D

Parn made what's known as a propositional statement. The question he asked is dependent upon the suit being authenticated, how doesn't matter. It's a premise of his question. Basic logic.

Check out my edited post above for one possibility, though.

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest BFSleuth

Buying an old gorilla suit for $25,000? Hmmm.... that would be a stretch.

If it could be verified as a suit purchased by a possible hoaxer, that would be interesting. My vote is to donate it to a museum with the caveat that Bill Munns gets first and continuing access to it to conduct research to establish whether the suit in question could have been in the PGF. Anything less than that level of research and it simply becomes a gorilla suit with disputed provenance.

Guest MikeG

I've never set foot in a pawn shop in my life............but just supposing........

If it were 100% incontrovertible, I would take some general photos, announce it to the world, and then invite Bob Heironimus to describe parts of it. It would be interesting to compare the actuality with the description. Then I guess we'd need a chat with Bob Gimlin.......

Mike

RB,

Parn made what's known as a propositional statement. The question he asked is dependent upon the suit being authenticated, how doesn't matter. It's a premise of his question.

Check out my edited post above for one possibility, though.

I understood perfectly what he did, I am just going off topic wondering where he is going with this given Kit's claim he knows of the suit's location. Not meaning to derail his thread, it's just the coincidence is eye opening.

I understood perfectly what he did, I am just going off topic wondering where he is going with this given Kit's claim he knows of the suit's location. Not meaning to derail his thread, it's just the coincidence is eye opening.

RB,

No worries. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't understand, only that not accepting the premise takes the fun out of answering the question. I agree the Kit claim is curious.

"Suppose you were antiquing in Richland WA and found what appeared to be the PGF costume in a pawn shop, complete with glass eye in the right eye socket, padded "muscle" in the calf, built in shoulder pads, leather mask, fake boobies, and all the rest. Suppose that the pawn shop owner gave you the phone number of who sold it to him, and you checked it out and the story clicked with an authentic bills of sale with authenticated signatures. Suppose that the pawn shop owner wanted 25,000 bucks for it. Suppose you had only 3,000. The pawn shop owner says he will put it in layaway and keep quiet. You arrange to get the rest of the money in 6 months, and now you try to decide what to do with the suit when you get your hands on it."

I'd say somebody read Long's book and made a replica to the book's specifications, and is passing it off as the original, (think like a hoaxer).

As I noted in the other thread, the authentication is likely where it falls apart.

:)

Bill

Guest wudewasa

I'd buy it and wear the suit to a Finding Bigfoot town hall meeting, sit down, and start munching on zagnut bars...

Guest parnassus

Well, it's not a coincidence. I'm asking what others would do if they were in the position kitakaze seems to find himself in. Might give everyone a little insight into his mode of operation. Might give kitakaze a little insight into what to expect from the members. Might be amusing. By the way I accidentally put it in the wrong area, it should have gone in the PGF section. If any mod would move it there, I'd be grateful.

p.

3, 5, and 9, not necessarily in that order (and don't forget the book deal).

I should have given extra points for 9. Sorry.

SSR Team

PM Kitakaze and tell him he needs to go to the Bank..;)

Guest parnassus

Bill,

see the above Bonehead post (nothing personal :keeporder: ) explaining the idea of a proposition.

The idea is that the suit has the provenance and the appearance to convince whichever member is responding to the proposition. That means you or whichever member chooses to respond here.

what would one do? what would you do?

p

Well, it's not a coincidence. I'm asking what others would do if they were in the position kitakaze seems to find himself in. Might give everyone a little insight into his mode of operation. Might give kitakaze a little insight into what to expect from the members. Might be amusing. By the way I accidentally put it in the wrong area, it should have gone in the PGF section. If any mod would move it there, I'd be grateful.

p.

Myself, I am more interested in how skeptical the PGF skeptics will be on his claims of finding the suit or will it be an example of selective skepticism. It too could be amusing.

The best question so far is---> how would you get it authenticated??? I doubt that fat bearded guy they call in to authenticate stuff on Pawn Stars would know what he was looking at, but I'll keep watching....Seriously I'd take choices 1,3, and 8......once I was sure it was THE suit, and 25K? Uhhh, I'd have to haggle 'em down but I'd shell out for it.

It'll probably turn out that the suit is a bearskin that's been mis-ID'd. ;)

If authenticated.........8,5,1 after giving the "fake boobie" a squeeze for verification . :)