What Would You Do If You Found The Patty Costume In A Pawn Shop?

Guest parnassus

The Pawn Stars guy seems to have an expert for anything, I'm sure he would have one for Kit's suit.

"Let me call a buddy of mine to come down and take a look at this. I just don't know enough about it. Would you mind sticking around for a bit?"

Betcha I'd get lucky this Halloween. Hopefully with a female human, not a relic hominid......

Parnassus:

Assuming one has authentication evidence, is not the same as actually having authentication evidence which has been vetted by impartial consideration or cross-examined by expertise which is skeptical of the claim. Skepticism actually, in its pure form, cuts both ways. If this supposition you pro-offered has any factual basis, it actually faces a quite rigorous and challenging authentication, and if such exists, I look forward to seeing how rigorous and scholarly that authentication is.

But since this is a "just suppose. . ." discussion, I suppose I'd want to look at the thing myself, before I'd muster up any enthusiasm for it's being anywhere near authentic.

Bill

Edited by Bill
  • Upvote 1

Guest parnassus

is everyone agreed that it would be possible to make back the investment double with nat geo or some such network, with little or no work? I mean, what is their budget for shows? I don't think 50,000 would be too much to pay to the discover/owner for the suit and his story/appearance, considering the other expenses would be minimal: paying the two Bob's a few thou apiece, maybe Al Hodgson, Jim Mclarin.....a costume designer....getting rights to the film for another 10 thou, maybe patching the suit a bit so it would hold together for a "walk"... The rest of the story is pretty well known so they wouldn't have script problems...maybe hire Greg Long as a consultant. I think it would be no problemo, wouldn't have to shoot video yourself. The total budget could be only a couple hundred thou for an hour program. Of course the suit would still have residual value as a museum piece. I bet the Smithsonian would shell out a few thou for it. Is there a motion picture museum in Hollywood?

p.

Edited by parnassus

Guest Thepattywagon

I agree with you Parn, regarding the worth of 'the' suit with indisputable proof of authentication attached. $25 k would be a deal, IMO.

I think there is no way to out a value on the suit, the only way to find it's worth is put it out on auction and let the bidding begin. It's hard to determine the cost of something we have nothing to compare too.

But IF legit and authenticated the bidding could hit six figures, easily.

In my opinion.

• Upvote 1

5,6,8,10 but there would be a lot of secrecy,NDA's, the release dates on the book and documentary would have to coincide with the 8 event, and Kit and Parn would have to take lie detector tests.

Oh yea, and it all has to happen on a Thursday

Edited by JohnC

Guest COGrizzly

I'd offer 30K if .....awe forget it.

ETA - what I thought.

Edited by COGrizzly

The only right thing to do is have it conformed to be a costume that can match what is filmed in the PG Footage and then tell the community. No matter how hard you want something you need the cold hard facts.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Suppose you were antiquing in Richland WA and found what appeared to be the PGF costume...

I'll take immediately to make a footage called "Patty Reloaded"... :D

If heironimous wore a hot,heavy suit strolling in the woods,I suspect he would've worked up a sweat inside it.

How long would samples of that hold up inside for analysis?

Mr munns makes an excellent point above.

skepticism should cut both ways & if found such a suit should be thoroughly examined with the same level of scrutiny that supposed BF evidence is subjected to.

It would be nice ,imo, to finally bury the well beaten dead horse of the pgf, one way or the other.

All that effort could then possibly be concentrated on what is/ isn't out there now.

EXCELLENT POINT SLICK!!! I never thought of that, but yeah! Check Bob H. DNA with any left in the suit! If he wore it, it'll be there! Now, last lap before the finish line---> prove he was in it and walking in front of Roger's eager camera THAT DAY, and in THAT FILM, and we're done....or just find a real squatch and say who cares about the PGF....

What if the owner of the Pawn shop had a duplicate reciept showing that he bought it from Patricia Patterson for $5000?

Guest MikeG

I think we would need a DNA expert's answer to the question of whether evidence was still there from 40 years ago. Bear in mind that if somehow sweat or skin or hair or the like have survived 40 years (which I seriously doubt), then so will the DNA from everyone else who has handled the suit. There will be years of forensics to go through to link the suit to the known protagonists using this method, in my view.

Mike