Albert Ostman

Guest OntarioSquatch

Janice claims a local Sasquatch named Fox came to her door one day and asked her in their language for some garlic.

My saying it was a joke...anyway not to derail lol....

Edited by Tautriadelta

Very interesting but wow, that's a lot of work.

Not really, used existing data, created a point near the peak of Baker and ran the tool. Took a while to process but i was doing other things.

Guest BFSleuth

Viewing Mt. Baker from the area in question is highly likely from many ridge tops. You can go back in this thread to see my explanations and images from Google Earth.

Guest Kerchak

The main framework of the story really, being carried for miles in his sleeping bag, being allowed into the family home; what would have been a Bigfoot's intention in doing these things?

Thanks for the clarification. So basically the kidnapping aspect. I see. Well I would agree that it's not normal but individual animals can and do engage in odd things which aren't normal and if sasquatch is anything even remotely like a human that could explain it. The old man might just have had an abnormal crazy idea/instinct that later turned into a "what the hell did I do that for!?" thing.

Guest OntarioSquatch

It was visiting Albert for several nights. so I`m sure the Bigfoot would have had to really like Albert to consider bringing him home. I think keeping Albert hostage was a mistake though :maninlove:

Guest Kerchak

No doubt, if the story is true, that the old man was certainly curious about Ostman and had been watching him over different nights, but his decision to pick him up and take him away might just have been a crazy brain fart one.

Guest BFSleuth

"The old lady did not seem too pleased about what the old man dragged home. But the old man was waving his arms and telling them all what he had in mind." - Albert Ostman

Yep, sounds like a classic situation that any husband can relate to... "But Honey! He'll be useful, you wait and... I know Honey, but... okay okay okay... I'll be sure to take .... but that was the last time and this time I PROMISE..."

They probably sit around telling humorous stories about grandpa and the time he brought home a Littlefoot and then ate something and got sick and Littlefoot got away. :D

Guest BFSleuth

This is an overview of where Ostman says he started at the head of Toba Inlet and where he ended at Salmon Inlet (or at least where the loggers brought him). I have pinned the head of Toba Inlet and also pinned one potential hanging valley (with a SE opening). So far in my searching this valley seems most promising, but doesn't really seem to match the description given by Ostman. Part of the problem is that there is a very narrow area he could have been captive, as going downstream any further east and he would have been headed South, where he wanted to go. Any further west and going downstream meant traveling SW (also not a bad idea). I'll continue looking and see what I find, thought I post this for further discussion.

post-1142-0-38700900-1338969777_thumb.jp

Guest Kerchak

Very interesting BFSleuth.

I'm going to have a look and see what I can find. On the computer that is, not actually out there in BC. :lol:

The wonders of the internet.

Why not garlic? It's bountiful, aromatic & unique... seemingly something of primitive value to trade.

Actually, garlic is great for hypertension and fungal overgrowth. I eat a raw clove now and then for those reasons, just never before going anywhere LOL But a claim like this would be consistent with any creature living in nature that happens to be able to communicate with humans.

SSR Team

That's some serious mileage though BFS, something that i can't personally see to be possible.

I'm still happy with my previous conclusions and that was i think he got his locations mixed up, big time.

I don't believe it's possible for a Sasquatch to make the kind of ground up that is needed to make up with the time frame and locations he gives so there's no way i think it's possible for him to do so on his own.

Just look at the terrain, look at what anything has to cross, both water, land and mountains.

We're talking between 40 & 60 miles, on terrain as per the below.

post-136-0-73141100-1338998227_thumb.jpg

Guest BFSleuth

In regards to the distance and his ultimately coming out on the Salmon Inlet, one aspect of the story I'm not clear about is that he mentions hearing a donkey at a logging operation, told the loggers he was a lost prospector, and then got out by the Salmon Inlet.

Note the term "donkey" (picture circa 1920 attached). This would mean that he didn't actually walk to Salmon Inlet, he walked to get to a logging operation up somewhere in the mountains and then likely got a ride with a trucker down a logging road to Salmon Inlet.

Therefore this broadens the potential area he might have come out of the mountains. If we could somehow get a map of known logging roads at the time of his story then we could narrow down the range of where he might have come out.

Regarding the distance that Ostman himself traveled, I would consider 5-10 miles a day in the steep terrain to be workable. He mentions going up and over two mountain ridges on his escape. So that would leave about a 10-20 mile radius from wherever he came out. However, trying to match his description of a valley that turned from south to west going downstream, etc. is hard to do.

post-1142-0-83636400-1339000740.jpeg

No doubt, if the story is true, that the old man was certainly curious about Ostman and had been watching him over different nights, but his decision to pick him up and take him away might just have been a crazy brain fart one.

Maybe they were considering eating him. Or maybe the "Old Man" thought him a curious thing and would make a good toy for the kiddies.

I often wonder what a Squatch makes of us, perhaps wondering if we are a strange form of their own kind.

Guest BFSleuth

I thought it was interesting that not only did the BF carry Ostman away inside his sleeping bag, he also took the backpack. That would seem to indicate that they wanted the technology and perhaps wanted to observe what he did with all his stuff.