Interesting Stories Of Dead Bigfoot

Guest OntarioSquatch

Possible reasons:

1) Do not want to scare the public

2) Do not want to make zillions of acres of wilderness off limits to people

3) Do not want zillions of idiots in the woods looking for BF with guns

4) Do not want to reveal possible security gaps in military bases

5) Something else....

I am personally on the fence about a government cover-up, but if the stories are true that Park Rangers are told not to talk of it, then there might be some fire behind that smoke...

not to mention the money loss on taxation of the lumber / forestry industry. not to mention the cost to people who could lose jobs.

Even Green no longer accepts the Jacko story. And it is noteworthy, I think, to point out that "Jacko" was not contemporaneously linked to any alleged native sasquatch stories. Only much later was the story used in the service of Bigfoot. To my mind, this implies that there was no general knowledge of supposed wood apes or feral hairy humans among the white, migratory and pioneering population of that era.

Im from there and I dont see it that way. I thought the stories were well known by whites who settled or travelled to the goldfields of the north. Maybe one of the local historians that post here could speak to that...

JDL, thanks for your input!

Here in Minnesota, the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) uses FLIR technology to inventory the deer population. They run a helicopter on a grid and in just a few minutes have a very accurate survey. When you look at how effective IR technology is, it seems ludicrous to think that the gov't does not know about BF- in addition, they have to be sitting on reams of reports.

Your explanation is what I have been thinking about why they keep mum.

Guest MikeG

Ladies and Gents.........

There are plenty of places, no doubt, where discussing government knowledge or cover-ups would be "on topic", but I'd remind you that this thread is about Interesting Stories of Dead Bigfoots.

Could we please stick just a little more closely to that, thanks.

Mike

When did you have your encounter JDL?

That one was in August of 1983. I recall that it was on a very cold Thursday night. The temperature was in the fifties. I'd planned to go back to the site to look for evidence, but a National Guard SP 155 unit fired a round outside the impact area when I next came on duty and killed eight soldiers. That kept me busy.

Do I believe people have killed bigfoot(s)....yes; but a goverment cover up c'mon! your talking about hundreds involved keeping a secret...not very likely.

Guest thermalman

JDL, thanks for your input!

Here in Minnesota, the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) uses FLIR technology to inventory the deer population. They run a helicopter on a grid and in just a few minutes have a very accurate survey. When you look at how effective IR technology is, it seems ludicrous to think that the gov't does not know about BF- in addition, they have to be sitting on reams of reports.

Your explanation is what I have been thinking about why they keep mum.

Unless the noise of the helicopter spooks BF into a crouch and hold position. In which case, the interpretation of the Flir would be attributed to the sighting of a bear or some other large known animal?

Guest BFSleuth

Putting a Flir on a silent flying platform would be a better way to do a survey...

This company makes a number of very cool flying concepts...

Guest Chefsquared

The government operates on a need to know basis......we got the same chance of finding out they know about BF as much as your significant other admitting infidelity....My money's on the significant other..

Unless the noise of the helicopter spooks BF into a crouch and hold position. In which case, the interpretation of the Flir would be attributed to the sighting of a bear or some other large known animal?

good point.

I read a story....Colorado, two hikers in snowy weather found a bigfoot head in a creek. A head. In The Locals or other Thom Powell book? or maybe Tribal Bigfoot.

And add the story reported today in BFRO reports, July 1995 Whatcom County, WA.

Even though their are lots of stories in the past concerning the discovery of hard physical evidence, The simple fact of the mater is non of them has paned out as proof. I would not be at all surprised if the day comes and the skeletal remains of a Sasquatch are layed out on a table for the world to see and ponder at. They will not be found in the bush by some researcher or hunter, but by some anthropology, or zoology student who stumbled on them in some long forgotten, dust covered museum box or drawer somewhere.

Thomas Steenburg

• 4 months later...
Guest TexasTracker

So, let's talk about how most here feel something like this should be "professionally" handled. IF the gov't was involved in a larger coverup and IF the goal was to attempt to take this public or to provide a type specimen, how should it be conducted?

Guest crabshack

Could religion be a possible cover up reason? You guys in the US seem to have a lot of Christian extremists over there that won't accept evoloution as fact, and think men co-exsisted with Dinosaurs merely thousands of years ago.

Discovery of an 8ft hominid the strong DNA links to modern man might upset them?

Maybe just the opposite, and Goliath and his brothers were reported how tall?

Besides evolution is the great modern lie.

So, let's talk about how most here feel something like this should be "professionally" handled. IF the gov't was involved in a larger coverup and IF the goal was to attempt to take this public or to provide a type specimen, how should it be conducted?

Excellent question, TexasTracker.

Who has the credentials AND the motivation AND the integrity? Who can withstand the potential pressure of a government that apparently does not want BF confirmed? If you got a specimen, what next?