Siege At Honobia: Attracting The Predators

Guest SquatchinNY

Guest BFSleuth

No harm, no foul, asarjip... ;)

The concerns you raised are legitimate and a source of frustration for many of us.

I just went back and reviewed your sighting report. Definitely on the higher end of the sphincter factor... :D Thank you for sharing your story!

Asarjip, That's a great report! Thanks from sharing that. Sorry if I was a bit blunt earlier. If you were at Cooper Lake, I can say I recall some things at night I heard before I knew anything about Bigfoot when we used to camp there for several family reunion campouts we did back in the 90's-00,s don't remember exactly when. I am sure now I had a squatch pass by my tent late one night snooping around and another time trudging through a creek splashing up a storm late also.

No disrespect meant here at all (I love the story and am fascinated with it)....but this is what frustrates the heck out of me...

We have a family that is locked in near hand to hand combat with bigfoot, or at least is "interacting" with them on a nightly basis, and yet there is no photos/videos. But when researchers show up the totally unafraid bigfoots now become afraid again and the best that is seen is chance eye shine...as soon as the experts leave...BOOM game on again and bigfoot is like Santa Claus trying to climb down the chimney every night!

The family has been having these problems with an aggressive bigfoot for months, yet when researchers contact them, they are so unwilling to hold fire for ONE or TWO DAYS....cmon...if you've been locked into shooting at bigfoot almost every night for weeks, couldn't you take a night off so some folks could come in and install some video cameras or better yet game cams....sheesh....install one game camera on the porch and you won't find a bigfoot within several miles of the place.

This extreme gulf that seems to exist between the blobsquatches we have to try to believe in and then the part of the population that seems to be over-run with bigfoot is really hard for me to deal with. Don't get me wrong...I am not a show-me-a-body type....I am a believer. But really, if you have that many sasquatch that are coming that close to your house and are that agressive, it would be super easy to document this stuff....or better yet allow and expert to live with you for a few nights and verify the action.

As I remember the siege story, BFRO investigators were on scene when activity was occuring. The property owners or current tennants wanted to get rid of the critters, and the investigators were not prepared to do that, they were trying to document what was going on, but had no answer for how to get rid of them. Camera traps being the equivalant of bigfoot cryptonite, I would just recommend those to solve that problem. :D I think any expert would soon figure that out, but it would defeat his purpose of documenting the species. I think it would take a cool head to try other methods before going for the gun or camera, but who has the patience in a situation like this?

Seem's like there were a couple of things that happened involving TG's kids. There was a good deal of finger pointing after the BFRO got involved. Guy's hiding in cars and other weird things.

I've always figured TG to be a straight shooter and he has always stuck to the story of what happened. His dad has some cool stories from his younger days chasing Boogers.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

In the siege of Honobia, the alleged bigfoots were stealing the deer meat. Is it possible that they wanted in, to get more deer meat? Bears may do that. They were drawing in the sasquatches with the deer.

http://www.bfro.net/...-at-honobia.asp

Place some meat at some place...and camera traps everywhere...(I would install a large solid tall pole and all the camaras and remore control cameras attached to it very high...looking downwards...)...

Greetings.

K. Adam.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know the status of that location now? Also, where there any book written about the "siege" or any documentary made?

I know there's a great episode on the subject made by SASQUATCH CHRONICLES, but ai want more :-)

Edited by SwedishPrimate

I'm sorry but I don't find this story credible. Bigfoot Army is attacking a small cabin for food? Why not the local convenience store? Or heck why not go for the super market? And they shot one but cannot find the body........is this not a very common theme with these kinds of stories? Justin Smeja, this one, and the guy hunting in the Appalachia that shot the one out of the tree? That makes three off the top of my head.

I had read the BFRO version of the events some time ago but here recently ran across another version that was told by the family that lived there, or by someone who had interviewed them. Does anyone know where I might have seen that article online? It was very close to the BFRO report but with a few differences like the BFRO said they were sending out a professional bear hunter or at least one that was very experienced but in reality it was one of the BFRo guys dad who had done some bear hunting at some point in his life but that he basically slept in the car untill the "action" started and then came inside.

PS- Norseman I don't think I have seen the report about the man who shot one out of a tree while hunting in Appalachia, any idea where I can find that report? Thanks. 

Edited by Ky Woodsman

SSR Team

I'm sorry but I don't find this story credible. Bigfoot Army is attacking a small cabin for food? Why not the local convenience store? Or heck why not go for the super market? And they shot one but cannot find the body........is this not a very common theme with these kinds of stories? Justin Smeja, this one, and the guy hunting in the Appalachia that shot the one out of the tree? That makes three off the top of my head.

I'm not sure if we know for sure why they're attacking the cabin, certainly no definite that it's for food, or food as we think of it anyway.

Regarding the body, I could swear the Guy said the animals took the body that was shot, hence they couldn't be finding it even if they wanted to ?

Perhaps that is the reason why they are allegedly continually attacking this property.

It would have similarities to the Ape Canyon story if true.

I'd these things recover the bodies of their own, which I don't think is completely out of the realms of possibility considering their intelligence and probable compassion, it would explain why in these situations no bodies were found.

And I'm pretty sure that in one out of the three accounts you mentioned Norse, the Guy in OK saw them retrieve it which says a lot to me.

Guest Crowlogic

Once again a great story and once again zip to show for it.  Can anyone even imagine this going on and not contacting the real world authorities?  Instead this fantastical event unfolds and it remains in the same league as the tooth fairy.  Sorry folks if you're that poor you have to poach deer to feed your family you're hungry enough to see the windfall in seizing the situation to lift yourself out of the poverty.  I would have shot the two making off with the 3rd.  I would have shot as many as got in my way.  There seems to be plenty of Bigfoot to go round so offing a few isn't going to tip the balance into extinction.  I don't buy it.  I buy very very little of the phenomenon these days.

Always found this story compelling but why was  none of this video documented when the BFRO investigated ? Anyone can turn on a camcorder should be SOP...

Stinky

SSR Team

Once again a great story and once again zip to show for it. Can anyone even imagine this going on and not contacting the real world authorities? Instead this fantastical event unfolds and it remains in the same league as the tooth fairy. Sorry folks if you're that poor you have to poach deer to feed your family you're hungry enough to see the windfall in seizing the situation to lift yourself out of the poverty. I would have shot the two making off with the 3rd. I would have shot as many as got in my way. There seems to be plenty of Bigfoot to go round so offing a few isn't going to tip the balance into extinction. I don't buy it. I buy very very little of the phenomenon these days.

You're not going to buy any of it when your mind is made up prior to anything like this, because you don't think there's any way at all that these things exist.

Shooting as many as " got in your way " though is a pretty horrible thing to say but hey, each to their own.

Killing things when you don't need to, be it a squirrel, a snake, a Sasquatch or a person, is not good and reflects poorly on your make up as a human being.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

Guest LarryP

Once again a great story and once again zip to show for it.  Can anyone even imagine this going on and not contacting the real world authorities?  Instead this fantastical event unfolds and it remains in the same league as the tooth fairy.  Sorry folks if you're that poor you have to poach deer to feed your family you're hungry enough to see the windfall in seizing the situation to lift yourself out of the poverty.

Coonbo addressed all of your questions in another thread about the Honobia siege.

Country people who are landowners in extremely remote rural places tend to be very very private about their business and they like it to stay that way. 

And they were not living in poverty.