• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Meet Me In The Woods

Meet Me In The Woods

Booger

• Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

This happened a few miles east of Lexington, a small town south of Oklahoma City.

First, a little history. My brother-in-law recently bought 20 acres of land that backs up to his own property. The land is completely wooded except for the house, maybe 25 yards from the road.It also has a pond toward the back of the place that covers an acre and a half to two acres. He gave the house to his daughter and her new husband.

My bro-n-law dropped by to visit a few days ago and during our conversation, I brought up the subject of Bigfoot, telling him that I was in the process of making our reservations for the Bigfoot Fest in Honobia, OK this October.. His face lighted up like he'd seen a ghost and he started telling me this story. He said that the weekend of June 24 & 25 his son-n-law walked to the pond on the back of the property to do some fishing. After he'd been there for an hour or so without a bite, he decided to pack it in and call it a day. As he was reeling in his lines and stowing his other gear for the walk home, he said he heard a noise that sounded like a "long, low grunt".

He turned, expecting to see a deer or maybe a hog (there are many of both on this land) but what he saw scared him to no end. He described it to my bro-n-law as a hairy man looking creature. He said that it was taller than himself (he stands about 6') and the hair covering him looked matted. It didn't seem to have noticed him because he never saw it look his direction. As soon as it was out of his sight, he sprinted back to the house leaving all of his fishing tackle right where it laid.

I asked my bro-n-law if he believed his story. He said that he did, just by the guy's actions. He said that
he couldn't prove that it was a sasquatch that the kid saw but something scared years off that kid's life. He hasn't even gone back to the pond to retrieve his tackle. My wife and I are planning a trip out there to look for tracks or any other sign that might prove his presence. If we're lucky enough to find anything I'll post a follow up.

I guess I should also mention that my bro-n-law is a long time believer in Bigfoot. Our deer camp is just a few miles west of Honobia, and one day about 25 - 26 years ago, he said he glimpsed one very close to our camp. Personally. I've never seen the big guy but I'm still looking.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-M-

#2 Strick

Strick

Oh Mah

• Inactive
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

Great story, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

I wonder why the Squatch didn't look at the young man? It's almost inconceivable to think he didn't know he was there, with their supposed heightened senses and all. I'm wondering if the Squatch went into 'freeze mode' on account of being caught out in the open?

#3 MikeG

MikeG

Yeti

• Banned
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

Well, it would be good if you could get to your B-I-L's S-I-L and get the story verbatim, including a description of the creature and it's actions.

Mike

#4 bipedalist

bipedalist

Sasquatch

• Researcher 1
  • 12,197 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

Looking forward to more and welcome to the forum.

#5 Sunflower

Sunflower

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hi Meet Me,

Welcome to the forum, you have a pm. However, I sent it then remembered that you can't respond to pm's until you have something like 15 posts?

So, I will tell you now that the hairy people are out there in that area. (I will not get specific because someone lives at my old place) I know the entire area from Purcell to Lindsay to Konawa, from Tribbey to Earlsboro, all of it. Lexintgon is a small town but the rural area of Lexington is pretty large.

Welcome!

#6 SquatchinNY

SquatchinNY

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hello!
One way to try to verify the story would be to go there. If the tackle is there, it is a step forward.
Remember...BF is watching!

#7 Meet Me In The Woods

Meet Me In The Woods

Booger

• Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

SquatchinNY,
I fully intend to go back out there, I have a casting kit in case we find something worth keeping. If the tackle is still there, I'm seriously considering keeping in ... you know ?.... for science sake :) (I'm kidding)

Sunflower,
Yes, our rural area is huge. if you lived near Tribbey, then you must know about the the haunted place just east of Tribbey on the south side of the highway. The big guy has been spotted in that area a bunch of times, but no one wants to go on record for fear of being labeled a nut. A lot of people that I know, (hunters, trappers ans fishermen) all can tell stories about the big guy, but none will go on record.

Bipedalist,
Thanks for the welcome and I'll be posting what sighting and/or what evidence is found. I don't travel much out of my area code but I'll keep you filled in on what ever happens around here.

MikeG,
you can be assured that I will get with the son-n-law and get it word for word. My wife and I are planning a trip out there with my UTV to take a close look at the entire area in question. If there is anything to be cast and/or photographed, you guys will see it.

Strick,
I'm not sure that the squatch didn't see him. Maybe he didn't look at the guy to prevent his face from being seen. Why do they do half of the things they are reported doing?As far as going into freeze mode, it probably wasn't necessary. If he was more than a few yards from the pond then he was back in the thick timber. I don't think that the creature was ever out in the open. Like you, I have to believe that the creature knew that the kid was the there.

#8 corvus horribilus

corvus horribilus

Bukwas

• Banned
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Strick,
I'm not sure that the squatch didn't see him. Maybe he didn't look at the guy to prevent his face from being seen. Why do they do half of the things they are reported doing?As far as going into freeze mode, it probably wasn't necessary. If he was more than a few yards from the pond then he was back in the thick timber. I don't think that the creature was ever out in the open. Like you, I have to believe that the creature knew that the kid was the there.

Many of the BF vids that seem less likely to be hoaxes, e.g. Freeman, show the big man exhibiting little if any reaction to the presence of a human.
I can neither confirm nor deny that I am really a crow.

#9 okieman

okieman

Booger

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

I investigated a sighting report around Lexington last year. That area is definitely a place that has enough cover for a BF.

#10 Sunflower

Sunflower

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Find anything?

#11 okieman

okieman

Booger

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Find anything?

No, I think the landowner was pulling our leg so to speak.

#12 OKBFFan

OKBFFan

Wildman

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

I live in Lexington.
How far east are you talking??

#13 Matt Pruitt

Matt Pruitt

Wildman

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

I lived in OKC from October 2010 until March of this year. I spent a lot of time investigating sightings and encounters in Central Oklahoma, and was absolutely astounded at the number of reports. It's truly one of my favorite areas. I investigated cases in the Lexington area as well, and it's certainly a viable area. Good luck!

#14 Sunflower

Sunflower

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

I live in Lexington.
How far east are you talking??

Hi,

How are you? Long time, no see? Hope all is well.

Sunflower

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users