• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 ChrisBFRPKY

ChrisBFRPKY

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

Vilnoori, that guy looks like he certainly has the syndrone. I guess the most popular guy today is the Mexican circus guy. But, that's sad in a way because that circus atmosphere is getting pretty darn close to the freak show, and I have issues with that type of exploitation. Chris B.

Chris Bennett
Squatchdetective Radio Thursday Nights 8 PM EST
Bigfoot Research Project of Kentucky
BFRPKY.com
BigfootResearchProject.com

#22 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

I have a lot of interest in South Korea and have always wondered why there don't seem to be any reports of BF type creatures in Korea as they do have some rugged mountain areas. There is the wild man of China, the Yeti in Tibet, then have heard of wild men in Vietnam and Philipines, but not in the Koreas. Seems like I remember the Minnesota Ice Man was rumored to have been found in Vietnam if I remember the story correctly. Why no Korean Bigfoots? Don't they like kimchee??

#23 Carl

Carl

Wildman

• Banned
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

I can personally attest that "rock apes" bipedal of not, were 100% real. I had a conversation with my dad about bigfoot, and he brought up the stories his very close friend who fought in Vietnam told him. I guess they were real big and through real big rocks at them. He told my dad they were called rock apes.

Edited by Carl, 08 April 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#24 imonacan

imonacan

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

I can personally attest that "rock apes" bipedal of not, were 100% real. I had a conversation with my dad about bigfoot, and he brought up the stories his very close friend who fought in Vietnam told him. I guess they were real big and through real big rocks at them. He told my dad they were called rock apes.

Thanks Carl, for sharing this.
I have recently spoken to another combat Vet, that I have gotten to know at work (him cleaning up and getting ready to leave, and me..just coming in). Last week, he pulled up his pant leg, and showed me the extensive scarring and reconstruction of his leg, that was mangled by a claymore mine explosion. I decided to ask him about "Rock Apes". He broke into a big grin and asked me.."How did you know about them?" I explained, that one Vet had told me (and others) about them... without anyone asking. I plan on talking to him more about this topic.
When I look at the species list of primates for Vietman... Rock Ape, (or any great ape) is not included:

http://www.primate-sg.org/apetaxa.htm

Not on the list of smaller primates for the country...either :

http://www.primate-s...vietnam.spp.htm

My thoughts... Something is (or was) there, that all these Vets were seeing, that science has (so far) missed.

coyotes and owls... don't carry big sticks

Don't really care about my reputation. BF doesn't care , either

In order to "Research" something living.. does one not have to first find the subjects consistently, and then.. actually be able to observe them ?

#25 Carl

Carl

Wildman

• Banned
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

Your very welcome. Totally agree, there is substance to this one.

#26 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

Are these Rock Apes really a Sasquatch type creature or just a monkey? What kinda size and facial features are we talking about? Are there any Vietnamese stories about their origins, etc?

#27 imonacan

imonacan

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

Are these Rock Apes really a Sasquatch type creature or just a monkey? What kinda size and facial features are we talking about? Are there any Vietnamese stories about their origins, etc?

These are all good questions, Tsalagi. I don't have many answers... other than what I've heard from Vets, and have read on the internet. Here is a decent link, and you can go from there, if interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batutut

The creature (whether an ape, man ape, or something else) is called several different names. No idea, if all the names are in regards to the same creature.. but it seems like that could be possible... as is.. with the many names here in N. America, for sasquatch.
Monkeys have tails, and are not as large, as what has been described.. so I would be more confident (although, not certain), to rule out an undiscovered species of monkey.
There are stories in Vietnamese folklore on the" Batutut", and "Nguoi Rung" .

In order to "Research" something living.. does one not have to first find the subjects consistently, and then.. actually be able to observe them ?

#28 damndirtyape

damndirtyape

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

The Orang Asali natives have many stories about the Mawas in Malyasia. The first picture is the science station in Endau Rompin where Briggs Hall, Michael Durham and Myself stayed. The second picture is an Orang Asali stilt home from the same Johor area.

#29 tirademan

tirademan

Wildman

• Sésquac
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

I've posted these before...but they're pretty clear in their conclusions!

tirademan

Attached Files

#30 bipedalist

bipedalist

Sasquatch

• Researcher 1
  • 12,096 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

...Anyone reading or lurking, that has info or stories... please add it here. If you are not comfortable with telling the story on a public forum, or even joining this one (but hope you do Posted Image), you are welcome to email me personally, ( imonacan@gmail.com ) and know, that if requested... your story and info, will go no further than me.
Anyone with other worldwide information, outside of SE Asia and the Pacific region.. please do.. start a thread, and include it in this "International Sightings" folder.

Good stuff IOAC.... hopefully we will get some takers.

Tirademan, re: your USMC account/article above, what four ft. ape jumps concertina wire in a single-bound? LOL

#31 Dr. Boogie

Dr. Boogie

Wildman

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

I've lived in Thailand a few times over the past 25 years and speak Thai fluently, and read Thai script. In the early 90's I worked as a tour guid in Khao Yai National Park. On one occasion in the mid 90's I was camping in one of the official camp sites with a friend/colleague. Sometime around midnight he left the tent to answer the call of nature. Upon his return he told me that he'd seen an Orangutang (not indigenous to Thailand). He said it was sitting on the forest edge and turned and entered the forest when it saw him. We were used to seeing Gibbons and Macqaques and he was insistent that it was much larger than either of these.

In 2004 I was visiting the same National Park with a Thai girl friend and camping in an official campsite which is about 3km from the site of the mid 90's incident. Early in the morning she left the tent to answer the call of nature and when she returned she told me that she had seen a large ape next to a small reservour. I looked out of the tent but could see nothing although she was convinced. I had not told her about the previous sighting.

I never saw anything I couldn't explain myself in the National Park and neither did I ever hear of any local anecdotes relating to a large human/ape like creature
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon

#32 Spectre

Spectre

Booger

• Inactive
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

The following episode of Destination Truth was excellent, and included an interesting thermal image and a very good track find.

http://www.syfy.com/...etnam_s_bigfoot

#33 imonacan

imonacan

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Agree, Spectre. I enjoyed that episode, as well.
In addition, this past weeks episode (season 5, episode 3.. in the 2nd half hour) about the "Kapre" of the Philippines, was also very good, IMHO. For me, it confirmed some observations and insights, that have been told to me by Pinoy witnesses (including one, that is very close to me). I think there is more to that "myth" , than most foreigners might imagine. I hope to find out more about it someday, myself. It was also very weird, seeing the clips of an overgrown, abandoned area of an airbase, where I once was stationed, in the shadow of Mt. Pinatubo.

Edited by imonacan, 20 July 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#34 Spectre

Spectre

Booger

• Inactive
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

Imonacan,

Another fun episode, with yet another thermal hit. That terrain combined with the dense vegetation is really something there in the Philippines. The Kapre certainly has some places to hide! Can you tell us any more about your local friend's encounter?

Josh Gates is really having some luck with these things. Aside from the finds so far this season, he got that cast and thermal clip from Nepal, and then the hair from Bhutan.

Edited by Spectre, 24 July 2012 - 03:58 AM.

#35 shifty

shifty

Booger

• Readers
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

I really liked this episode as well. The bush shaking was pretty freaky and that thermal hit across the river looked pretty significant in size. Not sure what to make of the matted down grass area. Do wild hogs nest like that?
"The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing."

Posted Image