• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brucescotland

brucescotland

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

We all know the story of zana, and i for one never tire of reading about it, along with watching the Nat Geo "is it real documentary" numerous times etc etc, and even though poor Igor Bourtsev was practically sent away with a flea in his ear by Todd Disotell after revealing Kwits skull was "entirely modern human", i still wanted to beleive that the door was closed far to quickly and there could well be some substance to the original theorys about what Zana really was.....

However my bubble was well and truly burst when Igor Bourtsev released the pics of Zanas Grand children, great nephews, nieces etc. If looks and facial features told a story it would be game over im afraid. Apart from whats beleived to be Gamasa (Kwits sister, Zanas daughter) everyone else looks entirely normal. I was actually very dissapointed, and so wanted to see something in them that would suggest disotell (and even Grover Krantz) come to think of it were wrong......

Im assumeing they know about there "famous" grandmother-realative or what ever realation she may be to them, does anybody know what there thoughts and opinions of Zana are? do they revell in the story or are they embarrased?. I realise Igor Bourtsev would be the man to ask but ive had no reply to the question.

Attached Files

........."and whats he doing now"?............."hes looking at me".........."uh oh"............

PMP ..........£13 uk pounds.....bargin at twice the price.....would of joined sooner had i know what i was missing...

#2 notgiganto

notgiganto

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am not endorsing this, but there is always the possibility that Almasti are, sans the hair, quite human looking. The Russians always favored relict Neanderthals as likely Almas explanations....if modern Neanderthal reconstructions are accurate, an Almas/Human cross may not necessarily look so "inhuman/subhuman." Yes, I am aware of the distinct morpohology of some examples of Neanderthal (esp. those Heidelbergensian ones), but unless I am mistaken, we also have Neanderthal skulls that are much more "modern human" looking (someone else more knowledgable can comment on the morphological differences between eastern and western Neanderthal examples, and correct me if I am wrong/add to the info)...
Has anyone done a full nuDNA work-up on Zana's kids, and compared them with the Neanderthal genome that has only relatively recently been "bootstrapped" together? Perhaps morphology, while telling, would not be as telling as nuDNA...Disotell used mtDNA, as far as I know...Kinda reminds me of Ketchum's issues where the mtDNA was coming back "human" while the nuDNA may have been coming back as other something(s). It would be interesting to hear Zana's story as told by descendents.
I may believe in the possibility of the existence of relict populations of undiscovered hominoid creatures, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck...

I don't think that what 'bigfootery' is searching for is Gigantopithecus, or even a descendant thereof...but I reserve the right to be wrong :)

#3 CTfoot

CTfoot

Bukwas

• Banned
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Supposedly Kwit's daughter had red eyes so apparently inherited Zana's mtDNA from Kwit. It would be interesting to look at her son's DNA, if she had one, to see what is what. The only humans I have ever heard of having red eyes are Albino's.

#4 zoala

zoala

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

I personally think this story was blown out of proportions. Zana was likely a woman with mental issues and was raped.

#5 RavenMadd

RavenMadd

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

thanks for posting this
Nothing Leads To Nothing......RavenMadd

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance". Albert Einstein.

#6 TimB

TimB

Yeti

• Inactive
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Do you think her mental health issues stemmed from the fact that she was covered with hair and taller than most men?

Tim B.
"I would appraise the situation to say that the more we apply science to the PGF analysis and the validity of it's subject figure, the weaker the critical objections become, and the louder they are stated, to hope volume will become substance." -- Bill

#7 OntarioSquatch

OntarioSquatch

Yeti

• Inactive
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Would it be hybridization if Sasquatch are human? Maybe crossbreeding? 8)

I do not believe North American Bigfoot are surviving Neanderthals btw. Based on Richard Stubstad's mtDNA results, I would say their divergence time would be even more recent than the Neanderthal's. Which is weird and it would mean Bigfoot has gone through many mutations over the years to look so different. One thing I know for sure though, is that we aren't dealing with a dumb primate. They would need to have the intelligence of a human 8) not a chimp or a gorilla

#8 brucescotland

brucescotland

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

In case anybodys interested Igor Bourtsev got back to me in responce to my question about her desendants being aware of her, what she was alleged to be etc.... this is his responce..

Igor Burtsev Bruce, people there are very easy, all the descendants know the story of Zana and are prowd of that attention paid to them. And they are very much hospitable, though live in poverty
........."and whats he doing now"?............."hes looking at me".........."uh oh"............

PMP ..........£13 uk pounds.....bargin at twice the price.....would of joined sooner had i know what i was missing...

#9 Kronprinz Adam

Kronprinz Adam

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Supposedly Kwit's daughter had red eyes so apparently inherited Zana's mtDNA from Kwit. It would be interesting to look at her son's DNA, if she had one, to see what is what. The only humans I have ever heard of having red eyes are Albino's.

Hi CTfoot.
I was seeing an Animal Planet documentary on Congo's gorillas, and I noticed that gorillas have a light-brown "reddish" eye color...type "gorilla eyes" in google images and you'll find several pictures like this...

Posted Image

#10 childrenofthenight

childrenofthenight

Booger

• Inactive
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

Khwit looks a LOT like he is part Australian aborigine to me. Didn't one physical anthropologist make such a comment about his skull?

#11 VioletX

VioletX

Yeti

• Inactive
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi CTfoot.
I was seeing an Animal Planet documentary on Congo's gorillas, and I noticed that gorillas have a light-brown "reddish" eye color...type "gorilla eyes" in google images and you'll find several pictures like this...

Posted Image

Umm just googled it...that is the color of my eyes, a hazel orange brown, is this why I have such lanky arms for my height of 5'2? (It all makes sense now, yezzzzzzz...)
;D

#12 brucescotland

brucescotland

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Khwit looks a LOT like he is part Australian aborigine to me. Didn't one physical anthropologist make such a comment about his skull?

what about khwits sister Gamasa?? i cant make up my mind, negroid or what, but you can even make out the produding jaw from this front on picture.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users