Do They Live In Caves?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest Twilight Fan

Just tossing out another theory and something to discuss about Sasquatch.

Do you think a society of sasquatch lives underground? We all know there have been many sightings of Bigfoot near and around caves. There are still many unexplored caves in all parts of the world today. Many are enormous, cavernous tunnels that almost seem to create a dark, mysterious "underworld."

People always ask the same questions. "Why has a Bigfoot body never been found? Why don't they leave bones behind after they die? Where are they hiding out?" Perhaps the answers is: IN A CAVE! If a breeding population does exist somewhere, caves would be like safe havens for them. Think about it. Modern humans no longer live in caves. Sometimes other animals use them, but not full time. Caves are basically "free, ready-made homes" for sasquatch.

They can hide from predators and humans down there, and perhaps when sightings do occur, it is when the sasquatch comes up from his underground dwelling to hunt, feed, drink or just get some fresh air. I'm sure the subject of Bigfoot living in caves has been discussed before. But this topic is about the idea of an entire society living in caves. A breeding population. Not just a solo "squatch."

Who else thinks this seems plausable? Because to me, it makes sense.

It's possible, but those caves are quite difficult to navigate. Some are too tight for humans to squeeze in and others are simply too unstable and deep. This narrows down the kinds suitable for bigfoot, at least a little bit. There will also be many questions with this theory like how can it see so well or does it use vision? How does it not get lost? It will certainly complicate our search for them and will require a creature far more intelligent than previously thought.

Edited by zoala

Guest Twilight Fan

It's possible, but those caves are quite difficult to navigate. Some are too tight for humans to squeeze in and others are simply too unstable and deep.

Perhaps the deepness of certain caves acts as a refuge and hiding place for creatures that do not wish to be found. After all, the same applies to the deep oceans. Blue Whales are the largest animals on earth, but they are seldom seen or spotted because they live so deep below the sea. Same goes for the giant squid. Perhaps sas lives so deep below the earth and, like the blue whale and the giant squid, is seldom seen for the same reason.

Guest JudasBeast

Eyewitness reports often claim that these creatures carry an odor that's equivalent to sulphur. Stalactites and stalagmites,mildew,bacteria and algae would undoubtedly contribute to the creatures unpleasant smell. Seldom do I read about researchers who make cave explortation part of their investigtion. Why is that? I wonder if some of the caving forums actually bring this subject up?

I would have to say "Live" No. "Use" Yes if available and needed at the time. Many areas in their vast range have no caves though so that factors into my response. The Chambers Creek Monster nor the Trinity River squatches around here would have any caves available let alone much of any rocks to throw. It's all clay mud and fairly flat terrain.

SSR Team

Guest OntarioSquatch

Many places don't have caves or suitable land to live underground. My best guess would be they live in dense forests. At least in most places.

Guest Twilight Fan

Have you seen this video posted a few weeks back with Lori Simmons talking to her underground Bigfoot? I just did not have the necessary fortitude to watch the whole thing,lol ;)

This is part 1 I believe:

http://www.bigfootbu...es-underground/

Hmmm...I clicked the link and tried to play the vid, but it just said "this video is private."

Eyewitness reports often claim that these creatures carry an odor that's equivalent to sulphur. Stalactites and stalagmites,mildew,bacteria and algae would undoubtedly contribute to the creatures unpleasant smell.

Another excellent point that could potentially support this idea. As far as I know, other large primates (chimps, gorillas, organgs) are not reported to smell so horrendously stinky all the time. Maybe they smell like animals, but not like walking trash cans! When I went to the zoo and saw a group of gorillas at close range, I detected no bad smell whatsoever. If Bigfoot as such a distinctive, sulphurous odor....deep-cave dwelling might be the reason for such a smell.

every tv show that investigates caves never finds much of anything. And places like Florida have no caves

That's actually not true, Shelly. Ever heard of Falling Waters State Recreational Area or Florida Caverns State Park?

I remember reading (somewhere) that cave dwelling came along about the same time as the use of fire and tools for neanderthals.

So if your squatch lives in caves then he might use tools and fire.

No. To do such, would be a risky thing. It would be like living in a cage. The chances of being caught or trapped would be simply too great, and they aren't going to risk that.

Guest Twilight Fan

^Caught or trapped by what?

No other creatures (aside from maybe bats and cave spiders) live so deeply in caves. Ancient humans did, back in the Ice Age days. If Bigfoot now follows in their primal footsteps, it would just be another similarity to check off the list between species. And may suggest that Bigfoot is a hairy species of human.