• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PhloydPhan

PhloydPhan

Booger

• Inactive
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

Regardless of whether the subject of the Bluff Creek footage is or is not a sasquatch, it seems pretty well-established that Roger Patterson was working on a documentary (docudrama?) at the time the footage was shot. From what I understand, Roger was never able to obtain funding to finish and/or distribute his documentary prior to his death.

I've seen stills and short clips (apart from the Patty footage) from what I believe to be this documentary online and on various television programs - a group of men riding horses, Roger talking with Bob Gimlin, who was wearing native garb, etc. - but I've never heard much about the documentary itself. My Google-fu on the subject is proving weak, and I'm hoping that some of the more knowledgeable minds here on the forum can help me out.

Does anyone know if this documentary ever saw official (or unofficial) release? If so, how would someone go about locating a copy for purchase, rental or download?

Thanks,

PhloydPhan

#2 peter

peter

Wildman

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

He must of made something cause I watched it at a drive-in in the 70's

#3 kitakaze

kitakaze

Sasquatch

• Members
  • 6,947 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Roger's film Bigfoot: America's Abominable Snowman with Bob Gimlin, Bob Heironimus and other friends was taken, remade and adapted by Ron Olson and directed by Ed Ragozzino...

http://upload.wikime...t_Sasquatch.jpg

http://www.cryptomun...s/8eed5c421.jpg

Roger's footage was adapted into the first BBC documentary featuring the film and then given back to Al DeAtley and Roger to use for their barnstorming. Some of the footage is seen here also from the BBC show X Creatures (00:35)...

Bigfoot is everywhere, yet nowhere. LTC8K6 on the JREF

Bigfooters are like Mets fans. There's always tomorrow. Furious George on the old BFF

You don't have to believe it's real to love Bigfoot. Me

My brain is swimming. Louise (Graziella Granata) Slaughter of the Vampires 1962

#4 PhloydPhan

PhloydPhan

Booger

• Inactive
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

kitakaze- Thanks for the links, particularly to the X Creatures YouTube video. Upon viewing the video I think that some of the footage I've seen before that I thought came from Patterson's documentary was actually from the movie titled Sasquatch (your first and second links). I saw X Creatures a while back; I guess that's probably the only authentic footage I've ever seen which really came from the documentary.

I remember being disappointed the first time I saw the X Creatures program. I'm not really qualified to question the technical aspects of their recreation attempt (type of camera, type of lens, distance from subject, etc.), but I have always wondered why they didn't try to use a suit that looked more like the Patty figure in the Patterson film.

peter - Interesting that you saw the documentary when you were younger. Can I ask what year this was, and approximately where in the country you saw it? Just curious how far afield Roger and Al DeAtley got with touring the film.