• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Shelly

Shelly

Bukwas

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

On the Destination America cable channel, Saturday nights.  I searched and didn't see another thread about this particular show.  It's different than the Myths and Monsters series and is set up sort of like a  mix of Finding Bigfoot, Monsterquest, Larry the Cable Guy, and Duck Dynasty.  

The first episode dealt with the "Wolfman" and next week's show covers the Grassman.  The thing with these shows is you don't know how much stuff is "genuine" or how much is staged or set up for the show.  But, the monster hunters did have some success with thermal cams and a game cam, although, like each episode of Finding Bigfoot, the ending is ambiguous and open ended.  

I thought it was at least entertaining and the hunters at least had some strategy instead of just walking around in the woods. (they built a giant cage trap, set up live bait, and organized a beat to try to funnel the beast into the trap).  

http://www.poptower....ion-america.htm

#2 ewashguy56

ewashguy56

Bukwas

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

Hey thanks for the headsup on this. I do like alot of programming they offer.

#3 Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Wildman

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

I agree....thanks for the heads up. Could be interesting. A future episode deals with the Wampus Beast. I grew up hearing it called Wampus Cat....and I always thought it was just legends that developed around mountain lions. Now if I can just figure out how to watch since I cut back my cable programming and no longer get the channel. Ugh. Anybody have any ideas?

#4 ewashguy56

ewashguy56

Bukwas

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hey Mockingbird, not unless you have a friend that gets it, I don't. I know that if I were to downgrade one level with Comcast I would most likely lose that channel as well as Science and H-2, both of which I LOVE!!! Comcast is NOT Comcastic. :no:

#5 DavSquatch

DavSquatch

Wildman

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Obviously some (alot) is staged,  but good heavens what a fun show.

get out your mason jar of iced sweet tea, a hunk of cornbread and enjoy.

dav

#6 chelefoot

chelefoot

Skunk Ape

• Administrators
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

I watched the first episode where they are looking for the Wolfman. The guy had a video of something that could just as easily been a BF, not sure why he thought it was a wolfman. Well, except that the prints they were looking at were hugh canine prints. I liked the show! Some of it was a bit entertaining as I am from the Appalachian region and although I hope I don't sound like they do, I know I do. :)

#7 Shelly

Shelly

Bukwas

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

I must say the show was pretty entertaining.  The video evidence was interesting.  It showed the back of a large, grey, hairy thing, going off into the woods in a hurry.  But, on the show you could barely see it the way things were edited, etc.   

#8 peter

peter

Wildman

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

I watched the show and every time they mentioned wolfman I'd yell Dogman ;) I think this show made FB look like an award winner, but it's good to see fat old men getting their exercise in the outdoors.

#9 Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Wildman

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

The only place I have found it so far is Amazon Instant Video. It is listed already but not available yet. Sounds as if nothing else it is entertaining. LOL

@ewashguy.....LOL Cox is not any better. We are trying to cut the cord. Since hubby was not happy about losing H-2, I think trying to hang on to Destination America is going to fall on deaf ears. Which is only fair. :)

#10 seminole

seminole

Booger

• Inactive
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

i saw the first episode. better than ANY finding bigfoot episode ever...........

#11 Thepattywagon

Thepattywagon

Yowie

• Banned
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

From a comedic standpoint, no doubt about it.

That trap looked like something they bummed off of the guys on Deadliest Catch.

#12 chelefoot

chelefoot

Skunk Ape

• Administrators
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Since we are comparing the two...

Based on the first episode - I like Mountain Men better. But that's because it is more entertaining to me than FB cast members making everyone believe they are going to find a BF by putting up a disco ball and having a party in the woods and being dead serious about it.

(Although I watch every eposide :) )

I highly doubt we will ever see either show produce a real creature.

#13 zenmonkey

zenmonkey

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I watched about 1/2 of the first episode. And I will check out the grassman episode. It i gotta admit. They are a little too ghost hunter like for my taste couldn't sit through it all. Hope it gets better

#14 sprayanpray

sprayanpray

Booger

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Funny show just dont use big words like bipedal. You have got admit these guys may just stop for road kill for lunch :rofl:

P.S Anything is better than finding bigfoot :crazy:

#15 peter

peter

Wildman

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

From a comedic standpoint, no doubt about it.
That trap looked like something they bummed off of the guys on Deadliest Catch.

I was thinking Wile E Coyote sent them his Acme plans ;)

Edited by peter, 28 June 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#16 UPs

UPs

Chiye-tanka

• Sésquac
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

The problem with these shows is that all of what they show could very well be staged and although it is fun to watch, I have to keep that in mind when watching it. The audio was interesting, but maybe just set up to make the show more interesting. The paw print sure did look like the front paw print of a wolf and a big one at that. I say front only because they are larger than the back paw in a trackway.

Would any of you crawl into a den at night like that one dude did? I would just set up a trail cam. It was a fun show to watch as long as its not taken too seriously, similar to FB.

#17 Sunflower

Sunflower

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Oh great, more billhillies!

#18 Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Wildman

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

LOL Sunflower.....did someone on here call it "Duck Dynasty meets Finding Bigfoot" or did I hear that somewhere else? Haha! My attempts to totally cut the cord were thwarted by that big mountain that is in the way.....so I will get the opportunity to watch tonight....

#19 beerhunter

beerhunter

Wildman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Well, at least they showed some purported evidence photo of the grassman.  Huckleberry > Bobo

Edited by beerhunter, 29 June 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#20 Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Wildman

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

More entertaining than FB, more purported evidence as beerhunter said. Rather than "There's a Squatch in these woods" , the new refrain is going to be, "We just missed him". Next week is the Devil Dog. According to the editing, it appears they catch something. ??? I'll probably keep watching for the folklore factor..... :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users