• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Skeptic4life

Skeptic4life

Wildman

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'm kinda surprised no one is talking about last night's MM episode. They supposedly had Ohio Grass man cornered..... They all saw it... Although... No one in front of the TV saw it. Imagine that! Then at the end of the show... They checked out a trail cam they had set up in the area. The cam snapped a pic of the so called Grass man . In any case... It left me with no doubt... That's there's still nothing out there.

#2 Cotter

Cotter

Bigfoot

• Steering Committee
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Well, color me surprised...Ohio has mountains?

A message from Peter Byrne....to Pat Beaton:
The last time I met Patterson, at his home in Tampico, WA., the poor fellow was dying, sitting in his back garden on a wooden chair, a veritable skeleton...his fatal illness being Hodgsons disease. He was thoroughly depressed and very angry at the skepticism with which science - and many people - viewed the footage, 
and one of the last things he said to me was..."You know, Peter, we had an opportunity to shoot that thing. Bob had a loaded rifle on it. Maybe that's what we should have done. Then people would believe us."

"and incs married to morgan freemans sister.....or something like that  ;)" - Doc Holiday

#3 Painthorse

Painthorse

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

What they caught on the cam looked more like someone in a ghillie suite.

#4 UPs

UPs

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Already a thread on this show in media section......

#5 DavSquatch

DavSquatch

Wildman

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

like I said in the other mountain monsters thread,   probably 95% of the show is staged.

I don't care, it just a heck of alot of fun to watch.

dav

#6 shady grove

shady grove

Booger

• Inactive
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

like I said in the other mountain monsters thread,   probably 95% of the show is staged.

I don't care, it just a heck of alot of fun to watch.

dav

I liked when the youngest fat guy fell in the creek...

#7 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Wildman

• Readers
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

What is the deal with this? I consider it Bigfoot since most of the creatures they search for appear to bigfoot related. Some of the footage and stuff they record seems too good to be true. What are the thoughts on this?

L

#8 psj57

psj57

Booger

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

I watched that the other night and was a little surprised by the footage they had. The grassman is bigfoot as far as I'm concerned, and he is big guy based on the video. That hunting shack was raised up high off the ground, and the grassman looked huge beside it. They were either the biggest hoaxers yet or they were on the trail of something very interesting. Then when they were in the abandoned house and found the "nest" , it didn't look as if something had been bedding down there but that someone had just pulled some brush in.  I'm not sure about this show , has to be hoaxed, be cool if it wasn't though, was fun to watch. But then it doesn't take a whole lot to amuse me. :)

Keeping an open mind...

#9 Grifter9931

Grifter9931

Bukwas

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

I saw a few episodes as well.... It looks as though they are just getting footage sent to them and then are "investigating and trying to trap".

I am afraid the youngest one will die of a "heart anything" in the later episodes.

"Your children are not your children.
They come through you but not from you.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you."

#10 shady grove

shady grove

Booger

• Inactive
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

They are chasing the "devil dog", these guys are ridiculous...

#11 MarkGlasgow

MarkGlasgow

Bukwas

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Watched this online.

I guess it has one of those 'this show is for entertainment purposes only' warnings at the start?

This basically means that you are free to suspend your disbelief for the next hour.

Fun show. But certainly not a harbinger of evidence.

#12 norseman

norseman

Bigfoot

• Steering Committee
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

I loved the goat and the cage trap.........LOL!!!

It should catch any Spartan woods ninja in the vicinity!

www.projectgrendel.com

#13 NCBRR

NCBRR

Wildman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

The funny thing is that they have now caught as many BFs as Matt and his crew and you have to admit they are a whole lot more fun to watch.  I laughed for 5 minutes when the fat guy went down in the grassman epidose.

With that said, the BF nest in the abandended house was interesting.

NCBRR

#14 Grifter9931

Grifter9931

Bukwas

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Are they really supposed to catch anything in those "traps"...

And I would be scared to be in the woods with those guys and all the weapons they whip out like "Yosemite Sam"

"Your children are not your children.
They come through you but not from you.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you."

#15 Skeptic4life

Skeptic4life

Wildman

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

I loved the goat and the cage trap.........LOL!!!

It should catch any Spartan woods ninja in the vicinity!

I was actually waiting for the T-Rex to show up... :-)

#16 norseman

norseman

Bigfoot

• Steering Committee
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

You mean the purple one that sings "I love you" right????

Cuz that "cage" was built like a wet paper bag.........if Bubba and Hoss can hoist it up into a tree with a rope? It's just meant to keep your pet poodle from peeing on your neighbors rose bushes. ;)

www.projectgrendel.com

#17 Airdale

Airdale

Oh Mah

• Sésquac
  • 585 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Had the series set to record on DVR and watched the first three on Saturday evening. Got a kick out of the Wolfman episode, something new and it was funny. Started to lose interest in the Grassman, though the initial video could very well have merit. While the trap builder was digging the pit with the backhoe, and the camera POV was peeking around a tree looking down at him, then the camera looking uphill, ostensibly from his POV in the machine and a figure is seen moving between trees was when I pretty much gave up. Trying to capture a creature eight to nine feet tall in an eight foot deep pit, dug alongside a stream, pu-lease. The trailcam capture looked like a fuzzy blob, not even up to blobsquatch standards. If there was something that close it should have been as clear as the rest of the photo. If it was blurry due to moving fast, the image would have been elongated. On the Devil Dog episode I fast forwarded through about half of the show.

I have to believe their weapons are unloaded, otherwise no one on cast or crew is likely to survive the season. The gun handling depicted is dangerous and should carry its own warning. At one point the team leader has his finger through the trigger guard on the lever action he is carrying, though at least the hammer is down.

The only plus points vis-a-vis FB are the lack of those stupid boom mounted cameras on the cast members, and they evidently use digital NV rather than image intensifier tube gear, so the night shots are clear B/W instead of fuzzy green.

Three episodes was about one and a half too many, the series recording has been canceled on the DVR. 

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It!

"Ideas without precedent are generally looked upon with disfavour and men are shocked if their conceptions of an orderly world are challenged." Geologist J. Harlen Bretz, 1928, describing the rejection by the geology establishment of the day of his theory that the Channeled Scablands of eastern Washington were the result of ancient flooding. It took thirty years and more of research before he was finally vindicated and the source of the floods he theorized was traced to repeated filling and catastrophic emptying of Glacial Lake Missoula over a period of several thousand years during the last Ice Age. After being awarded the Penrose Medal by the Geological Society of America at age 96 in 1979 he said to his son, "All my enemies are dead, so I have no one to gloat over."

#18 eldonkey

eldonkey

Booger

• Inactive
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

There is no easy way to say this.. The "footage" near the deer stand is nothing more than a cardboard cutout being pulled by a truck., ask yourself this..why doesn't the silhouette change shape at all?

#19 Junior

Junior

Booger

• Inactive
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

I love how technical they are...

So funny I love it for wild bill alone he needs a solo show...

There is no easy way to say this.. The "footage" near the deer stand is nothing more than a cardboard cutout being pulled by a truck., ask yourself this..why doesn't the silhouette change shape at all?

Yeah am and my mate thought was an mdf cut out.. Great trolling by dude.

Edited by BigGinger, 11 July 2013 - 06:50 AM.
To Edit Offensive Content

#20 Theskwerl

Theskwerl

Booger

• Inactive
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

I'm waiting on the youngest one to have a stroke or heart attack on national tv. 

Only the brave and faithful see and hear the right things....Skwerls to!! "Chitter Chitter"