Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

I am really stoked about taking a possible fishing trip up north next spring, destination, the Snellgrove lake cabin, Ontario, where Meldrums team and others were assaulted during the Monsterquest episode. I think that just a casual lonely fisherman, possibly playing guitar around the fire, might tempt him back into action....It is funny how I would not be afraid, even though it has showed aggression, I guess I realize it was only trying to scare them off. Perhaps a different approach might disarm this soldier of the woods.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Available on You Tube, it's funny how they mis time the trip the second time around, and haul

so much gear in, the place must have looked like a war zone to a Squatch, it probably sprinted

the 100 miles south for some peace and quiet....and a few fresh blueberries

I just watched the episode after following this thread. But unless I'm missing a second visit, isn't "assaulted" over stating it? The version I saw had them collecting blood/tissues off the screw board, plus on the last night the big dude throws rocks at the roof. Is this what you are calling "assaulted?" Just want to make sure I'm not missing another vid...

By the way, I was surprised the big fella stepped on the board. A bear I would expect to get caught. Not BF. And if so, ouch! That had to be one very uncomfortable creature while it healed.

I am really stoked about taking a possible fishing trip up north next spring, destination, the Snellgrove lake cabin, Ontario, where Meldrums team and others were assaulted during the Monsterquest episode. I think that just a casual lonely fisherman, possibly playing guitar around the fire, might tempt him back into action....It is funny how I would not be afraid, even though it has showed aggression, I guess I realize it was only trying to scare them off. Perhaps a different approach might disarm this soldier of the woods.

Yah, assaulted is really a misnomer, the rock throwing seemed pretty benign. I referred to as such because that is

how it was described in the episode header, or the later tags to identify it online. I am pretty sure the Squatch

was not happy with them, and yes he tore the place up to make his point, and after the nail board incident, had an

axe to grind. Well if I were that Squatch I'd be a bit testy myself. My idea of taking a trip there is simply that I like to fish, and I like Squatch, apparently this location offers both opportunities...

LCB, The cabin was first vandalized by what was thought to be an animal or squatch, then a screw board was placed at the door as a deterent. Then something returned and stepped on the board. A year passed before the first visit with Meldrum and Nelson where the samples were collected.

Yah I should have been more chronological in my description, thanks. 

I guess the main point is that the thing did not want humans hanging

around in the first place, much less a bunch of camera lugging

scientists.  Though it seemed to keep it's distance that trip, and only bothered

some other fisherman around that time.

Thanks for providing the Snell grove lake background, that was really interesting, got a note back from the owners, said they have

a lot of openings. (wonder why?)  I am seriously thinking to make this a bit of a guy expedition, and invite some fisherman/squatchers for the ride.

I thought that Monsterquest episode turned out to be a hoax because there is an indian reservation just a few miles away from the cabin. So it's possible some local kids could have treked over to the cabin and trashed it up. Am I mistaken here?

I heard the cabin was 200 miles away from closet civilization. Where did you hear it was a hoax? The episode is on Utube.

Edited by Wag

I think although a main town was some distance away, the 200 miles,  it reality there was a road not far away with an eight to 15 miles or so trip to a house/small settlement, which depending on weather would be impassable perhaps much of the year.

It is very remote though if you google the location and that is easy b/c the cabin is a fly-in resort..and at time used the spot on the show to advertise services.. I visited the website...don't recall name now..it was six or more years ago.

.but here is a link to several fly-in  (and drive!)  cabins up there..http://www.tno.on.ca/image/tid/9...so progress reached there as well it seems

that episode was intriguing to me, and persuasive..and I was really bothered by the use of the board..and Meldrum leaving it behind..taking only a sample..  I would have kept the board and suggest another method to deter...or if they insisted..provide a new one...!

Isn't it also the same that eventually, after figuring out aluminum galvanizing on the screws were having an effect, that it still seemed human..and ruled contamination.?  

Edited by apehuman

I found it interesting that there was a refrigerator and several other large items of furniture in the cabin.  Someone went to a lot of trouble to pack in some serious weight by some means and then power it somehow. 

Unless, of course, it wasn't as difficult to access as represented.

Edited by JDL