Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Thanks, LCB. Will give it a listen later. I also thank you for starting this thread. It's one of my favorites and has really made me think.

"Proof On My Personal Schedule", that's funny. Although I can't think of anyone who knows exactly what Bigfoots are. I've become a no-proof kind of person, though.

Anyone got any recommendations for Squatching in northern GA, or around Gainesville Florida, and

after that around  Port Saint Lucie FL.  I will have some opportunity to try those areas in the next week.

Paynes Prairie State Preserve is near Gainesville - pretty much on the doorstep - and the source of a number of reports.  Were I doing field research it's one place I'd go.

Myakka River State Park - site of considerable flappage on this site of late - is about 136 miles (most of the way across the state) from Port St. Lucie.  But it looks as if a drive, particularly at night, along FL Route 70 between the two has potential for interest.

I know I'm a year late in responding to the original poster, but I have a few problems with the story reported in the original post. Basically it's the same as the problems I have with people accepting howls in the distance in the woods at night as being Bigfoot calls, only magnified considerably.

Primarily, how do you know that it wasn't a human making those howls for whatever reason? You said that this incident happened in a suburban setting so it isn't like you can discount that possibility entirely. And let's face it, people often do strange things for strange reasons.

Did you account for dogs? I ask because my own dog howls whenever emergency vehicles pass the house with their sirens on. Could one of your neighbors have a friend over with a dog? Do you know if there are any wild dogs in the area?

Could the 'howls' have been more sirens off in the distance?

Edited by Leftfoot

There are universities that have the necessary equipment to measure such sounds.  Some here have mentioned that they've sent files to universities and have actually received analyses from them in the past. 

Southern Yahoo might have information if you are interested.

Hey Leftfoot,

I understand why you would lean toward missed identification, and I have to tell you that because I did not see a Sasquatch actually making the sounds I cannot know with certainty such was the case.  Only that the sounds I heard that night in my backyard, when you say suburban I will add that it is really leaning toward rural, or semi-suburban, anyway those sounds were not of anything known to me till this point in my life.  I am 50 ish and hunted and fished all over the midwest, south, and north.  The sounds were not a howl, they were a whoop.  This sound starts fairly high and rises quite high like what other primates do.  That would be the only comparison I would make.  There are some owl sounds that have the range, but not the depth of tonality. The sound came from something big, it was obvious with the volume and the tonality.   Humans would be suspected if they could produce the clarity and volume, but if humans were to do it they would be yelling, kind of like finding bigfoot.  I would listen to Stan Courtney bigfoot sounds, and listen to the whoops,#1 and #3 to get an idea of what I am saying.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Just dropping in to say that if you haven't read it yet, someone started a thread about possible BF in Staten Island.  I have never posted on this thread, but always knew that you guys were here.

I'm just saying, for urban bigfoot, that guy's story is a tasty morsel. 

Peace y'all!

Drove a bit on Florida 70 west of Port Saint Lucie, and saw the Squatch potential was really strong, saw some interesting eye shine crossing

on one of the offshoot roads I explored, but it was well out in front of me, though it matched the height and speed I would think would match my

search, however it could have been something else for sure.  Wish I was a bit closer.  Something low and canine crossed in front of me as well

and I locked it up at 60 mph to avoid, barely did.  Much to bulky for a fox and way to low to the ground for a coyote, I am baffled what that was,

but being out of my element I could not guess.  Anyhow I am busy at seminar.

I suggested FL 70 off of Google Maps.  Guess it's interesting that I'm developing the skill for pulling "squatchiness" off a map!  Thanks for the update.  (No clue what the low-slung canine was.  Sure it was a member of that family?)

There are also bobcat and panther in Florida.  Keep us updated on any additional findings.  

I have a GoPro video camera and recently bought a suction cup so I can attach it to my windshield.  Has anyone had any experiences using one at night?  The camera works well in the daylight for other things I have used it on.  

DWA, yes your eye is good, that area looks REALLY good at night.  The offshoot roads are particularly Squatchy and I suspect that if one spent some time investigating the area there would be a reward,  I think the low slung canine might have been of the swine variety, that would best match the body type.  Just that the first impression was fox, then it was way to bulky.  The eye shine was the weirdest thing I have observed when driving around looking for a crossing, which has been a whole lot over the last year.  I will keep driving the route several times a day just in case to see if anything else happens.  I will be heading back up to Northern Florida Friday, and then north again Sat and Sun, so I will keep you posted if anything is interesting.  

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Well, wild pig are in many places in FL, so if that's a possibility I'd call it a likelihood.

FL has been really human-ized.  But it's a particularly difficult - and large - place to do it.  Reports seem to indicate there's a lot of "squatchy" left there.

As someone who has spent large amounts of road time in FL I can tell you it is one place where I feel the pulse of nature (and have even seen endangered species) in a shopping center parking lot, never mind the backcountry.

It is rich in all things on which something like this would subsist, and intelligence and societal denial have protected it far better than the bears and panthers with which it shares the ground.