• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 eldonkey

eldonkey

Booger

• Inactive
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Has anyone ever attended this in the past? The website says Oct 4 and 5 this year.. Thinking of going but would like to hear some testimonials from prior attendees..

Thanks,

Eldonkey

#2 Painthorse

Painthorse

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

I've been to several, have only missed 2 since 2006. It's a good opportunity to mingle with others who have the same interest. The ones I have been to have had good turn outs. I am more into the festival part than the conference, I've had a booth each time displaying squatch art and bring my cast collection. It's a good opportunity to pick up reports. Over the times I have attended, I haven't been disappointed. It's a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L area!

#3 therealsuperdave

therealsuperdave

Booger

• Inactive
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Probably more of a carnival/music event this year, considering the location and new promoters/sponsors.  If you want serious BF stories and updates on local research, consider going to Stilwell to the MABRC Symposium the same weekend. 

#4 Painthorse

Painthorse

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

LOL, I love carnivals and music events! -> yes that's sarcasm. As an x MABRC member I have always seen the conflicting dates as sour grapes. The history of the Honobia Bigfoot Conference stands on it's own. I find it suspicious that a dig is thrown in reference to the new promoters and organizers. Everyone has the power of choice on what conference to attend, but may I suggest to anyone that has a question on which one to attend just remember "Google" is your friend, lol"

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC, 13 September 2013 - 11:24 PM.
Please don't quote the post directly preceding

#5 Sunflower

Sunflower

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

^^Ditto

Hi Paint!!

#6 Painthorse

Painthorse

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hi Sun!

Here's just a tad of what I'll have at my booth at the Honobia festival. Think the egg will hatch a baby squatch? LOL It's actually an ostrich egg done in pointillism, thousands of tiny ink dots, no lines drawn.

Attached Files

#7 Sunflower

Sunflower

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Beautiful!!!!

#8 AaronD

AaronD

Sasquatch

• Administrators
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

^^ I want one!

If you MUST drink and drive...drink Fiji water, the most refreshing!

#9 eldonkey

eldonkey

Booger

• Inactive
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

#10 zenmonkey

zenmonkey

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

awesome stuff hopefully I can get my hands on some of your art this year im excited as can be for the fest

#11 Painthorse

Painthorse

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Zen, looking forward to meeting you. Fingers crossed for great weather!

@ Sun & Aaron, Thank you!

#12 zenmonkey

zenmonkey

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Of course I as well! ya i know i could only wish for nice cool weather with no rain@ but you know OK! it would be cool to meet someone from the forum!

#13 eldonkey

eldonkey

Booger

• Inactive
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

So I went today.. Pretty sad really.. About 4 pop up tent vendors selling shirts, art and such, and 3 food trucks.. Sat in on a talk by a local wildlife biologist, and it was nice to listen about a few local encounters and possible theories on squatch existence.

Based on the 2 hours I was there, it is not worth the 3 hour drive and $10 per car load admission. 90% sucky festival, 10% Squatch research and information sharing..

The area however is beautiful and very hospitable to harborng BF's..

#14 Painthorse

Painthorse

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Well I guess to each their own. Fridays for "any festival or conference is going to be slow". Been doing this stuff for many years.    .I was surprised however that Friday had more people than I expected and Saturday there was a continuous flow of people. That surprised me even more. The festival part rocked, the music was great and I was totally impressed by the Crowder high school band and singers, KUDO's to their teacher and school, WONDERFUL. They also had games for the kids. Wish I had casts to sell but the collection that I do have is special and I was only able to display them but at least people were able to see, feel and some asked to have their pics taken holding them. Amazing the number of people who opened up to us and shared their personal experiences. I'm hoping the one gentleman follows through and e-mails me his account from the Klamath area, very close visual along with him and another hunter watching it vocalize.

Saturday morning there was a BAD line of storms on the radar as we left the Mena area. My husband made the comment that it was going to be a wash out and that we were probably only going to be going back to pack up and say our good byes to some of the wonderful new friends we connected with.

I told him "WRONG" people would still come and I was right, lol. Even through the first down pour people were still coming in. I normally do not do the conference part but Saturday was different. There was a speaker from the X area and then also researcher Ron Brylla formerly from Maryland. Bravo to both.

Unfortunately the second wave of storms later in the day knocked us out. But it was a total blast to connect with others especially Mr and Mrs Zen, and Ron. Hope you all had a safe trip home.

#15 eldonkey

eldonkey

Booger

• Inactive
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Glad to hear Saturday was better..

What is "The X Area"?

#16 zenmonkey

zenmonkey

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Area X is the goldmine of big footing. look up X at woodape.org    lol Paint, mr and ms Zen I will tell Ash that she will get a kick out of it! Elonkey it wuldnt been great to meet you wish we coulda hooked up! always great to meet other like minded people!