My Name Is.... And I'm A Bigfoot Junkie

chelefoot

We often find ourselves going back to the same discussion over and over....

Why are we here? What do we hope to gain by discussing Bigfoot day in and day out?

Another member asked me if I will ever, "throw in the towell"?

I don't think so. I have never seen one, but I know many, who I trust, who have had daytime, clear sightings. While I do want proof, it doesn't effect my belief when another year goes by without it.

What about you? What brought you here (not just to the forum, but to the field)? What makes you stay? What will be the straw that breaks the camels back - when you say, "That's it! There is no BF!"

SSR Team

I just want to learn about what i saw, nothing else really.

All the rest is pretty much irrelevant for me but unfortunately my temperament gets me involved in silly things on the forum as i can't resist giving my $0.02.

But ultimately, overall, i just want to learn more about what i saw, what it does, how it does it, when it does it, what it is and how on earth has it been able to avoid the best part of 400 plus million people for so long.. 

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 2

I guess I didn't really mean why you come to the forum each day, as much as I meant, what keeps you involved in this field. And with you, BobbyO and others who have actually seen one, it's obvious why.

But it folks like you - who have seen it, who I have no reason to doubt, that is the reason I am able to believe it's out there, without having solid evidence of it.

I hope to meet a nice non-smoking  SFBF who wants to share walks in the rain, old B&W movies and.....o.k., o.k.

Well, who doesn't want to experience the extraordinary, even if just in a virtual way? Mainly, I made a pact with myself many years ago to try and never be too surprised about what this universe is capable of throwing at us. I come here to get educated.

• Upvote 1

Posted in the Urban Bigfoot thread:

Chelefoot...I get your point, and I agree, but I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone show up here and say, "Here. Done." Some evidence advanced is naturally more compelling than other evidence, but.

Yes, I didn't word that very well.

I was just trying to say that I am grateful that we have researchers who come here and keep us updated on their progress - such as NAWAC.  It much better than waiting around, wondering if they were making any progress or not. In fact, I wish MORE researchers would.do the same!

But if someone does come in and say, "Here. Done" ... that will be ok, too!

I hope to meet a nice non-smoking  SFBF who wants to share walks in the rain, old B&W movies and.....o.k., o.k.

Well, you never know! LOL

Excellent topic Chelefoot!

Great timing as I was just posting something on the Erickson press release thread and was thinking about this very thing.  I got really hooked on Bigfoot in 2007 and have ridden all the ups and downs since then. Admittedly, I have lost some enthusiasm in the past couple of years but a large part of that has been due to starting my own business and my family life getting busier.

Regardless, it seems to me, there has been nothing but continuous blows to the reputation of Bigfoot, overall. The subject has become very popular in the past few years but its also attracted a lot of hoaxers and scammers. We never have "wins" and that gets discouraging after a while. If you think about it; what new evidence is there? The only thing I can think of is the Hovey photo, which I personally think looks very real. Other than that, we've had nothing new surface.

I'm still a believer, although I've never seen a Bigfoot, but I certainly don't make it a point to talk to people about it anymore. After a while, credibility is diminished and its not worth pushing an agenda or belief that can't be "proven" in a logical manner. I don't even mention it to my sons anymore as they have been on the same Ketchum, Erickson and other stories, roller coaster that we've all ridden.

I think that I will always believe in Bigfoot but only because I believe other people have seen them. Perhaps I'm a fool for believing other people's stories but our planet is a much more interesting place with Bigfoot than without.

• Upvote 1

Guest JiggyPotamus

I clearly remember why I first came here. I wanted to be able to learn by conversing with others who have put time into analyzing sighting reports, or who have had their own sightings. I honestly did not want to have to deal with the people who do nothing but reiterate their disbelief, without contributing anything noteworthy, and who often do not make concise arguments as to "why" they don't believe. That is their prerogative, to not believe, but I still don't get why those people find it necessary to convince others of their disbelief. But I do appreciate disbelievers and skeptics who actually make arguments that are logical.

I really hate when a legitimate issue is raised or question is asked, and a non-believer gives a one line reply that clearly insinuates their disbelief, but does nothing else. THAT is the thing I did not wish to experience on these forums. I suppose I thought that advancing knowledge of these animals would require a community who could work out the most likely truths of sasquatch based on what everyone knows. But I shouldn't make it sound as if my coming here was some noble quest to further the field, as it was more a personal thing. I wanted to know the truth, as this was before I had my own sighting, and I imagine that was the case for many.

I think that I will always believe in Bigfoot but only because I believe other people have seen them. Perhaps I'm a fool for believing other people's stories but our planet is a much more interesting place with Bigfoot than without.

Yes it is!

Good to see you Cisco! 

And yes, we are long overdue for something positive to happen. And I have a gut feeling it will soon. There are more people out in the field searching for evidence and planning for ways to get a type speciman now than ever before. It seems like it should only be a matter of time (more time) before something happens.

SSR Team

Yes it is!

Good to see you Cisco! 

And yes, we are long overdue for something positive to happen. And I have a gut feeling it will soon. There are more people out in the field searching for evidence and planning for ways to get a type speciman now than ever before. It seems like it should only be a matter of time (more time) before something happens.

The only problem i have with that Chele is the old Einstein insanity quote - Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The only problem i have with that Chele is the old Einstein insanity quote - Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

So it's insane for me to be hopeful that Sykes or NAWAC for example will be successful?

That's easy for you to say...You have seen one! :)

Besides, it's your fault. I said I believe because people I who I trust is telling the truth, like YOU, have seen one! :)

There is nothing I would love more than to be able to go out in woods all the time (or even every weekend) in an attempt to have a sighting of my own. But I don't have the abililty to do that. I could go hiking and do (when my foot isn't broken), but no one that I knows is interested in looking for Bigfoot.  I'm not comfortable going alone (I'm a big chicken).  I'm lucky to find someone to just go hiking with me .  :/

So, I am content to follow along with what others are doing and stay hopeful that someone will be successful. Although lately, I've been thinking that it might not be a bad thing it they are never proven....  I'm just selfish and want proof so I can be a "Knower".

• Upvote 1

I first started coming here because back in the 90's we were experiencing something that we had no idea what we were dealing with. It wasn't something that you would just blurt out to others that you were scared of something that didn't make any logical sense. It was a relief to find others on the forum that may have seen, heard or experiencing similar events.

I keep coming back because over the years I did get lucky and had my first visual back in spring of 2006. That ramped me up to wanting to know more, share more and try to connect the dots on what they actually are.

• Upvote 1

I came here to learn and share information which has been very good for the most part. Regardless of what others believe or accept, I have been blessed with multiple visual sightings and interacted with them on two occasions.

You would think my questions were all answered. Sadly, the more I have experienced, the more questions I have on how they do what they do. The small box of belief I had them in at first, has grown by leaps and bounds. It is now to the point where I believe the general public never will accept this phenomenon as being very real and it doesn't matter to me anymore....it is what it is....

• Upvote 1

I can't ever throw in the towel.    I'm stuck with the memory of what I saw.    It was on my home turf, no question of mistakes of scale, no question of mis-identification, no chance of hoax.   Someone else can call me liar I guess, but between me and me, the only options are real and delusion.  

I suspect without the sighting, with my other experiences and their consistency with the stories and reports I've investigated, I'd still be above 99% sure.   I won't just discount those reports or experiences.   Each and every one individually would have to be accounted for in a different, even more reasonable, even more believable way.   That is .. more believable and more reasonable as **I** judge them.   I could care less that someone else discounts them.  

I could walk way from "research" easy since I'm not a researcher.   Walking away from wanting to know ... not possible.

MIB

• Upvote 1

I just realized that I spelled "Junkie" wrong. Heh.

That's ok. You all know what I mean.

(I fixed it :))