Bigfoot In Trees

I read a report on another thread about someone who spotted a bigfoot high up in a tree, they were able to spot it because the trail they were on was at the same elevation as the tree tops to the left of them. It made me wonder about all the large branches people find broken on trees. If a large animal spends a lot of time climbing trees, im sure it is going to break quite a few branches when pulling its weight up into a tree and while coming back down. Could this be an explanation for some of the large branches broken 8 feet high and up? Also, has anyone thought about the fact that tall thick trees with lots of branches would be a great place to hide? I know ive climbed up higher than 50 feet on some large thick trees and people below would never notice me up there. If I had dark fur it would be almost impossible for someone to see me up there even if they were trying to spot me. Some animals sleep in trees allready, could it be possible that bigfoot will sometimes climb to a safe position up in a tree and sleep there? These are just ideas ive come up with, so im interested in hearing what other people think.

Kraig

I think he's on to something here.

All those tracks that just seemed to stop, like bigfoot just disappeared in thin air, even when the conditions on the ground would indicate tracks should be there.

Did anybody think to look up...... :blink:

I was also thinking about the trees that people sometimes see bent over for no reason. Its been said that if there are several small trees bent over it could possibly be a shelter, but the only explanation ive read about for single bent mid sized trees is that it could be a marker of some sort. I have an idea that might explain some of these as something far more simple and meaningless. I have climbed quite a few trees and it is always much more of a pain to get down than it is to get up. There have been times where just for fun I have jumped from the tree I was on, over to a thin tree which then bent down to the ground with me hanging onto it. So if you don't see where im going with this, im thinking that it would be very monkey-like to be climbing down a tree and hop to a thinner tree next to it which would then bend to the ground and sometimes snap. This would leave strange semi-thick trees bent over for no apparent reason. Maybe im going out on a limb here lol but it seems possible to me.

Kraig

Guest Lesmore

Could be...dunno. When I go down forest trails I always am going slowly...looking all around and...looking up in the trees...primarily for bird of prey such as owls...surprising the number I spot, particularly in the winter when the deciduous tree leaves have departed.

But....no BF so far. :)

Never know, I suppose and to continue along that thought line...maybe they 'bury' their dead way up there out of sight of prying would be BF investigators.

Nah...wouldn't work...the noise and commotion, that crows, ravens,Bald Eagles, etc. and other carrion eaters would make would soon draw our attention to the source of all that noise.

I am convinced that younger BF are very comfortable in trees. They don't build up those muscles at the gym.

There is also a lot of food in trees, many of the flowers are nutritious, as well as nuts and fruit. I recently found some fresh scat that was a little bigger that average human, not that I'm an expert on that, and was entirely made up of Hackberry fruit (Celtis occidentalis).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtis_occidentalis

post-9-063652900 1301169703_thumb.jpg

My point is, whatever left the scat had to get the fruit out of the tree, it stays on the tree through the winter.

You think that it is possible for a BF to comfortably "nest" in a tree? I've never found a comfortable tree to roost in for any reason. :rolleyes: It hurt! But, as camouflage, a leafy tree would be a good place to hide. Until just now I would have never thought to *look * Up* to locate a BF! :blush:

I think he's on to something here.

All those tracks that just seemed to stop, like bigfoot just disappeared in thin air, even when the conditions on the ground would indicate tracks should be there.

Did anybody think to look up...... :blink:

Yikes, Can you imagine a BF just landing in front of you suddenly from a tree? :blink:

Guest tracker

Yikes, Can you imagine a BF just landing in front of you suddenly from a tree? :blink:

That's happened a few times according to the reports. I'll try to dig some up. And yea you got to watch up as well. IMO they use them to hunt as well as all the usual reasons resting, observing etc. I'll admit I've been guilty of watching the ground too much when tracking. I keep an eye on the trees prior to going under them because other critters use them too and they may drop in. :ph34r:

I think it would depend on the area and the size of the bigfoot. I could see them living up in some of those huge trees in the PNW, but I can't see pine, cedar, or a cypress holding the weight of the adults. There either too brittle or there isn't enough leaf cover in a cypress to work for that. The hardwood trees would work though if left to grow big enough. Here are a couple of reports from my neck of the woods that I always thought was interesting:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=179

http://www.alabamabigfoot.com/bigfoot/reports/RFPreport16.htm

Edited by Jodie

Squirrel nests, bird nests (eggs)... and of course the always effective BF leaping out of tree ontop of an unsuspecting deer ??

I can see them utlizing trees to some extent, but because of their bulk/weight etc i cant see it being a primary part of their existence- not adults anyway...

Can definitely see it as a temporary place to hide- at least in the summer when the trees are leafed out.

Interesting thread as always....

Art

On the old forum I once started a thread that was titled "over our heads" but it did not get much of a response. The reason was when I lived out in the boonies I would hear all sorts of sounds and eventually I could figure most of them out. However, one day sitting on the front porch after a rain storm, I heard what sounded like a monkey in the top of one of the tallest trees across the road.

First, I thought OK that must be a baby "something" but was very perplexed and just kept staring at the spot. Then I became a little uncomfortable even though it was afternoon and now the sun was shining after the rain. Then I saw the top of the tree shaking. Whatever "it" was sounded like it was crying but not an animal crying. It was monkey like but so very strange.

Then a friend told me that she could see a little foot up in the tree near her house and the adults were trying to coax it to come down. I had a flashback when she described this to me in real time.

On the old forum I once started a thread that was titled "over our heads" but it did not get much of a response. The reason was when I lived out in the boonies I would hear all sorts of sounds and eventually I could figure most of them out. However, one day sitting on the front porch after a rain storm, I heard what sounded like a monkey in the top of one of the tallest trees across the road.

First, I thought OK that must be a baby "something" but was very perplexed and just kept staring at the spot. Then I became a little uncomfortable even though it was afternoon and now the sun was shining after the rain. Then I saw the top of the tree shaking. Whatever "it" was sounded like it was crying but not an animal crying. It was monkey like but so very strange.

Then a friend told me that she could see a little foot up in the tree near her house and the adults were trying to coax it to come down. I had a flashback when she described this to me in real time.

You know, it's nice to see Parenting is parenting no matter "who" ya are!! :)