Bigfoot In Trees

Guest watch1

I know that a Bigfoot was seen by several walking through the woods and when they got close to it, it climbed a big tree. This was seen on a thermal and when they got near the tree they turned the lights on and saw it up the tree. They were in boats floating along watching the bank with the thermal.

Another time we were out on an outing and 2 of the group walked down the road a little to check out some sounds they had heard. When they had gone about 75 yards everyone looked around to see what was going on and we saw them move away from a tree and looking around everywhere. Something big came down out of that tree but nothing ever hit the ground. We went back the next day and looked to see if anything had fallen out of that tree and we found nothing. Some of the limbs looked as if they had been bent over up in the top of the big Sweet-gum tree. One may have climbed up there and watched us and when they walked down the road they got to close and it came down fast. It sounded like something big falling out of the tree but like I said, we never heard anything hit the ground.

I have since that night, kept my eye on the trees around me when out there.

Mike (watch1)

Admin

Who? Heck, Not who, but What! :blob:

Don't take the bait Susiq2...

Friends, Can you imagine a creature as heavy as Patty climbing a tree? The lower branches would need to hold several hundred pounds. How can that be? Would not the branches break?

Also, being so heavy, would it not be difficult? I realize the weight is mostly muscle, but still..How?

SSR Team

I've seen Tree's in teh PNW that wouldn't even notice if they were holding 8 Adult Male BF's so accross the board it's definately a possibility taht they use Tree's.

It may be a reason why/how they " disappear " like they do too..

Maybe..

Guest BFSleuth

In regards to the climbing ability of the big guy, read this report:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22434

The witness seems to be knowledgeable about rock climbing.

Note where she says, "The 200 foot cliff below the ledge is VERY steep and to a tradational climber would be rated at least a 5.9 or 5.10 chaucy climb." The howling big creature "literally dyno'd every move on this 5.9 cliff and yanked itself up the cliff to the top where the ledge was". By "dyno" a rock climber refers to pulling oneself up hard enough to be flying upward to grab the next hold.

This is a video of a rock climber free soloing (without rope) a 5.7 with some dyno climbing thrown in ....

The report of the sighting has the large guy climbing at high speed a rock face that is MUCH more difficult than the rock climber in the video, if her estimate of the difficulty of the climb is accurate.

Ever see a large bear climb a fir tree that doesn't have branches for quite a ways?

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/stranger-among-bears-grizzly-climbs-to-50-feet.html

Those branches are pretty small in the video, yet they don't break because the 400 lb animal is distributing weight the way a good climber should.

A large BF would be able to climb vertical trees easily. They have hands with excellent grip and feet with toes that have been described as "active". A branch doesn't have to hold all 800 lbs of a really big guy, sometimes far less if they distribute weight on more than one branch or are employing dyno moves to lighten their weight to contact at any moment as they go past a small branch.

Wow, I considered myself a good climber until I watched that video. One slip and you're dead... not my kind of thrill. Very interesting reports too, it makes sense that bigfoot would regularly be climbing all kinds of obstacles and objects.

Guest tracker

Another time we were out on an outing and 2 of the group walked down the road a little to check out some sounds they had heard. When they had gone about 75 yards everyone looked around to see what was going on and we saw them move away from a tree and looking around everywhere. Something big came down out of that tree but nothing ever hit the ground. We went back the next day and looked to see if anything had fallen out of that tree and we found nothing. Some of the limbs looked as if they had been bent over up in the top of the big Sweet-gum tree. One may have climbed up there and watched us and when they walked down the road they got to close and it came down fast. It sounded like something big falling out of the tree but like I said, we never heard anything hit the ground.

I have since that night, kept my eye on the trees around me when out there.

Mike (watch1)

The same thing has happened to me. Your just hiking along looking around then suddenly near by a loud crash/thump. WTF was that ? I use that accro because of how much it startles you. :o

One time in Ontario on a morning hike (not Bfing) near Algonquin mid summer. We were approaching the top of a tree covered hill then a loud crashthump. That was followed by sounds of something tearing through the bush and undergrowth just the other side of the hill. The loud sudden sound freezes you, You start looking around and even knee down hoping to spot either the jumper or moving branches. The suddeness of this affords an oportunity for the jumper :ph34r: to make a quick exit while we freeze and look around because i think we expect to be attacked or something?

Anyways there's another campfire story that I have no proof to back up. dry.gif

Ps. Great vid of a rock climb under perfect conditions. That is so much harder than it looks. The key is to use your legs not your arms to support/propell your weight up and stay tight to the rock face. if i remember right. :huh:

Edited by tracker

In my general carousing of reports, I have come across quite a few that describe them in trees, particularly younger ones... but larger individuals too.. depends on the tree and the sas I suppose.. not everyone is a tree climber.. used to do it a lot. Still can but not typically...

In regards to the climbing ability of the big guy, read this report:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22434

The witness seems to be knowledgeable about rock climbing.

Note where she says, "The 200 foot cliff below the ledge is VERY steep and to a tradational climber would be rated at least a 5.9 or 5.10 chaucy climb." The howling big creature "literally dyno'd every move on this 5.9 cliff and yanked itself up the cliff to the top where the ledge was". By "dyno" a rock climber refers to pulling oneself up hard enough to be flying upward to grab the next hold.

This is a video of a rock climber free soloing (without rope) a 5.7 with some dyno climbing thrown in ....

The report of the sighting has the large guy climbing at high speed a rock face that is MUCH more difficult than the rock climber in the video, if her estimate of the difficulty of the climb is accurate.

Ever see a large bear climb a fir tree that doesn't have branches for quite a ways?

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/stranger-among-bears-grizzly-climbs-to-50-feet.html

Those branches are pretty small in the video, yet they don't break because the 400 lb animal is distributing weight the way a good climber should.

A large BF would be able to climb vertical trees easily. They have hands with excellent grip and feet with toes that have been described as "active". A branch doesn't have to hold all 800 lbs of a really big guy, sometimes far less if they distribute weight on more than one branch or are employing dyno moves to lighten their weight to contact at any moment as they go past a small branch.

But, Bears have claws. BF may have fingernails, I guess, because I've never heard about claws! Yikes twice. Nails or claws. Which would I want to be attacked with..Let me think.. :ph34r: neither :blush:

I can't help it, I'm a female, and scared of the dark lately since I found our forum again... :rolleyes: Ask me if I wish for a midnight stroll through the woods, I'm now nervous to be out in daylight with my family. However, I do have a trusty cell phone for pictures. We've lost our digital camera :(

Hopefully brave hubby will snap the picture while I scream and run, not that I would ever admit to doing so. :blush:

Wow, I considered myself a good climber until I watched that video. One slip and you're dead... not my kind of thrill. Very interesting reports too, it makes sense that bigfoot would regularly be climbing all kinds of obstacles and objects.

This famous rock climber did slip one day a few years ago, and was discovered after a search was conducted. He did die doing what he loved best, but I feel sorry for his family. He should have used safety ropes once he acquired a family, IMHO.

Edited by Susiq2

Guest TooRisky

I have had this debate with others for quite sometime and I think it goes back to some that have a absolute belief that this species is Ape like and thus they migrate to trees... Just don't buy it and when you think of size and weight up in the trees you to will come to this conclusion... Now do they possibly partially climb say 10 foot off the ground, completely feasible and I am in agreement, but that mass up in the tree tops, not a chance and then throw in it is swinging about and I end the conversation with you... This species like any other species has a survival instinct and that does not include climbing trees where branches cannot hold their weight and they like you and me, would not even tempt this because if they get hurt the possibility of death from an injury is very real... Also when you climb a tree to say avoid man there is no where to go without making a bunch of noise, this goes totally against logic and survival of an apex predator, before it took to the trees it would turn and fight... I have seen and heard stories of this happening when bear dogs get wind of them and are found in pieces and in the tree limbs tore apart...

So in conclusion I can see them using a low level tactics possibly in the trees, I can see the young in the trees, but as a mature species I cannot logically make the leap that some do to think they are in the trees... This all of course IMHO...

One of the problems I think we are having is assuming that the large, fully mature individuals we encounter are the norm. The big male or older female that investigates our presence or stays behind to distract us while the rest of the group slips away have given us the impression that we are only looking for 9 foot tall giants.

What if that's not the case? What if some do get big but others do not?

What if Patty is 5'11"?

If you grow up climbing trees every day you likely learn what trees to climb and what limbs to stand on and when to stay on the ground.

Guest TooRisky

One of the problems I think we are having is assuming that the large, fully mature individuals we encounter are the norm. The big male or older female that investigates our presence or stays behind to distract us while the rest of the group slips away have given us the impression that we are only looking for 9 foot tall giants.

What if that's not the case? What if some do get big but others do not?

What if Patty is 5'11"?

If you grow up climbing trees every day you likely learn what trees to climb and what limbs to stand on and when to stay on the ground.

Well the problem is that is speculation... But I agree that some think the species is born 9 foot tall and 1200 lbs...LOL... And even worse is the people that think there is only one Bigfoot and he has been around for hundreds of years...

It is obvious that there are many shapes and sizes as they grow into maturity... Some completely buffed out and others that are lanky and may even look malnourished... I have found prints from 6 inches to a monstrous print of 21 inches that will lift the hair on the back of your neck...

Aas for travel I am almost convinced the Alpha male will take the lead, followed by the breeding females and young, and followed up by for better words the eldest son of the Alpha male... this is where tree breaks come in as they are markers of the path to the troop laid down by the alpha male to show direction change and direction... This is also why as Indiefoot said you rarely see the troop for the male will call attention to himself, the troop goes in another direction and the Beta male will circle around behind the threat and ambush it from behind if the need arises...

Some of this is shown in patterns demonstrated by the species and if correct would be a huge reason for the species success... again IMHO...