• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 SAILGIRL

SAILGIRL

Wildman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

I live in Wisconsin. I have land about 40 minutes north of Phillips, WI. This area has had many sightings over the years by hunters and outdoorsmen. I have driven through this area as much as I have been able to since 2005. The BFRO site just posted a new sighting from this year. I guess I need to go up there soon and check out this area. I would like to take some pictures on CTY HWY F between Lugerville and HWY 13 in Phillips. Best time would be when there is a fresh snow so tracks could be seen better.  Does anyone on the forums live in Northern WI that has been to Price county? Main area of focus for me has been from Park Falls south to Phillips. I have driven the backroads at early morning and dusk times. Driving through the Chequamegon Nicolet National forest on HWY 70 is also a good place with all of the back forest roads and small lakes. Hwy 182 out of Park Falls is a good bet too. Driven these MANY times. If you have a good map(Gazetteer) most small roads are listed so it is hard to get lost. GPS isn't as reliable out there in the boonies. I was wondering if anyone has checked out this area or goes there. I am planning to remote camp near this area next summer. I need to be in a tent overnight in this area and stay up all night and listen to any noises and do some wood knocking and calls and see if I get anything.

#2 UPs

UPs

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Sailgirl......you could try plotting all reports from 50mi either side of a line from Phillips to Cloquet MN and include dates and descriptions. I always wondered if this was a travel corridor for bf going north/south around the big lake (superior). There seems to be quite a few reports around Cloquet and I always wondered if these reports were bf traveling from/to northern MN and the large farming areas of WI. If you could plot a pattern based on time of year, this may give you an idea of when and where to set up.

Your land isn't that far from mine and if I am up there next summer, I could come down for a night or 2 and do some fishing along with bf ing. Good luck! UPs

#3 SAILGIRL

SAILGIRL

Wildman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

There also have been many reports from the Hayward, Seely, Cable, Clam Lake "Triangle". This is more Northwest of Phillips. There have been many stories of sightings just south of there in the Lac Courte Oreilles Indian Reservation ( Lake Chippewa) in Sawyer county. Even south of there in the Rice Lake area has been a hotspot in the 90's. I had a 4 day campout in this area in Sept 2004. Just west of Rice Lake is the popular Cumberland area that was hot for sightings in the 80's and 90's. In my opinion, the triangle area of Hayward to Park Falls to Rice Lake is the best area in WI for activity. It is a very large area for us on a map, but for Bigfoot migration possibly from Northern MN is very good area that they come to. I have heard of sightings near or in Jay Cooke State Park/Wrenshall area. It is a very large remote, swampy and forested area. Beautiful up there...I have been to Duluth and Superior many times. I will have to pay attention to the months of these sightings and see if there is any correlation that would support a migrational pattern.  

#4 BobbyO

BobbyO

Sasquatch

• Steering Committee
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

I know that BFRO have bought property up near Phillips, via Wally Hersom.

They were trying to grow bamboo on it too.
It's one thing being obsessed by something, it's another thing entirely and bordering on lunacy to spend big portions of time obsessing over trying to disprove that same something to people who have seen that something, on a Website deidcated to that something. - Bobbyo

Keep the Forum alive, register as a premium member to ensure that by clicking here.

#5 AaronD

AaronD

Sasquatch

• Administrators
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Growing bamboo in WI? Hmmm, let me know how that works out LOL  But, interesting thread nevertheless!

If you MUST drink and drive...drink Fiji water, the most refreshing!

#6 BobbyO

BobbyO

Sasquatch

• Steering Committee
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Very true, and very possible too.
It's one thing being obsessed by something, it's another thing entirely and bordering on lunacy to spend big portions of time obsessing over trying to disprove that same something to people who have seen that something, on a Website deidcated to that something. - Bobbyo

Keep the Forum alive, register as a premium member to ensure that by clicking here.

#7 hiflier

hiflier

Yeti

• Sésquac
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Hello SAIL GIRL,

You can take a look at this if you like. There's not too many sightings and they're a bit older but it may help some:

"Honey....before you get us all another round of drinks, show them your frozen Sasquatch turd, why dontcha?"- by WSA in the "NAWAC- Field Study Discussion" thread, page 20, post #382

"To make claims without presenting evidence is assassinating one's own character, IMO"- by See-Teh-Cah in the "NAWAC- Field Study Discussion" thread, page 97, post #1924

"You know the old saying "In for a penny, in for a pound"? Well, do the math: For the Tar Pit it's "In for a twenty, in for a TON"!!- by hiflier......uh.....somewhere in the Tar Pit

#8 crabshack

crabshack

Bukwas

• Sésquac
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Growing bamboo in WI? Hmmm, let me know how that works out LOL  But, interesting thread nevertheless!

Seems they would have better luck with their intent with snow peas.

countless hours spent watching the “Messin’ with Sasquatch” commercials for research

#9 JustCurious

JustCurious

Booger

• Inactive
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

Hey Sailgirl!  Long time!  Take a drive down 13 and about 1/2 way between Fifield and Phillips is Lugerville Grade Road.  Take that back (can only turn west) to F and then go south (I think it is) a little ways to Swamp Road on the west.  Swamp Rd ends up private drives back to cabins, but it's a great place to see. If I'm wrong and it's north to Swamp Road, you'll know because you don't get to any towns.  I do know Swamp Rd is just a little south of Lugerville, such as it is.

I went to Copper Falls this summer and then drove over to Clam Lake on County GG.  That looked like a great place to explore because there are all kinds of camps and boat landings off on intersecting roads that look like they don't go anywhere.

Watch out for the bears and wolves up there, especially with your dog.  Personally, I don't give much credence to the BFRO reports from around there, but I can't say why on here.  I've been spending more time down around Rusk/Sawyer Counties, but I've been thinking of taking a trip up there sometime yet this year.

#10 Northern Lights

Northern Lights

Wildman

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'm still under a NDA from the BFRO so I can't say exactly where we went, but read this:

http://s2.excoboard..../150505/2058259

#11 SAILGIRL

SAILGIRL

Wildman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Just Curious-  Yep I have been down these roads, many times. GG is very cool and so is following F off of HWY 13. I love Copper Falls State Park!!! So beautiful there....been there like 3 times. Brought my sister and her kids up there 3 years ago, they loved it. gonna bring a friend up there next summer so she can see the waterfalls. I put our land up for sale this July so I am hoping if it sells, I want to find something closer to home so we don't have a 4 hour drive. It is just too far away for us to make it up there enough. I like it because it is so close to Bigfoot hotspots. There was a sighting near Clam Lake in 2005 that is only a 20min drive from our land. 

#12 salubrious

salubrious

Yowie

• Moderators
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

FWIW we had some BF activity along the Mississippi down near Alma; rocks being clacked at midnight just outside the window of a remote cabin we were in. 

A friend of mine also reported some activity just north of Interstate State Park; rocks being thrown at campers on an island in the St. Croix above Taylor's Falls, along with twig snaps and vocalizations that sounded sort of like a person trying to imitate the talk of the campers, but with various syllables missing. They were pretty freaked out but there were a lot of dangerous rocks in the riverso they thought it too dangerous to leave the island until dawn. They stayed awake all night.

I am thinking the river woodlands are a corridor. There are a number of reports near Danbury as well.

#13 BobbyO

BobbyO

Sasquatch

• Steering Committee
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm still under a NDA from the BFRO so I can't say exactly where we went, but read this:

http://s2.excoboard..../150505/2058259

You heard about the " getting tree'd " experience right Northern Lights ? ;)

#14 Northern Lights

Northern Lights

Wildman

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

You heard about the " getting tree'd " experience right Northern Lights ? ;)

Yes, I'm very familiar with that story.  He took a group of us to the "tree" to show us where it happened.  That was my first expedition so I was willing to believe just about anything that I was told, but in looking back on it, now I'm not convinced it ever happened.  I'm not going to go into details but let's just say I've learned quite a bit since then.  

Edited by Northern Lights, 19 November 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#15 MNskeptic

MNskeptic

Booger

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Sail, I've spent quite a lot of time in that area, mostly as a guest at Boyd's Resort just W of Park Falls. The resort has several hundred acres of old growth forest, adjacent to state forest and loaded with little lakes and ponds. Their property is just across 70 from the N fork of the Flambeau. Been going there since the mid-1980s. In 1986, while night fishing the undeveloped S end of Long Lake, my friends and I listened to something none of us had heard before or since. Screams that sounded like a woman which had volume that was unbelievable. We thought the sound could be heard for miles. We never thought bigfoot back then, but felt the animal that made the screams must have been several hundred pounds, not something small like a rabbit, porcupine, or deer. Years later, having heard recordings of reported BF screams, it hit me. That is what we heard that night years earlier. There is nothing but forest for miles and miles around Boyds, but I think the area could be a key spot due to the fact that they have a HUGE herd of deer there that they feed with specific crops meant to attract deer and due to their prohibition for hunting. This deer feeding has gone on for decades and many deer can be approached. The resort also has a dump site on the property where table scraps are hauled off every day. Why a BF wouldn't be somewhere in this area is beyond me. If I were looking for BF, this would be an area I'd definitely spend some time. Brian

#16 SAILGIRL

SAILGIRL

Wildman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

Brian-

I have been on that side of Long Lake. I would think this also is a good area. The area from Lugerville to Phillips and along the Flambeau River. There is also a body of water called Loc Sault Dore which is connected to Long Lake by the Elk river. In 2005 we almost bought 80 acres south of this area. It was mostly swamp and marsh area though and very thick underbrush and taramak swamp, so we didn't buy it. Not enough high land for a nice camp/cabin building place. I never heard of Boyds Resort, I will have to check that out sometime when I am up there. I drive right though Park Falls to get to our place further north. Thanks for the info!

#17 SAILGIRL

SAILGIRL

Wildman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Opps! Wrong Long lake. I see what one you were at. That is definately closer to the huge remote lands. I want to check that area out for sure. 

#18 Cotter

Cotter

Sasquatch

• Steering Committee
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

Just wanted to say hey to all the other WI folks in here!

SAILGIRL - have you looked into any of the reports on the Eastern part of the state?  Crazy reports coming from Fond du Lac down past Milwaukee.

Also, if you do plan on spending some time out in the backcountry around Phillips (or Northern WI generally), I would recommend carrying some sort of bear spray or firearm.

A message from Peter Byrne....to Pat Beaton:
The last time I met Patterson, at his home in Tampico, WA., the poor fellow was dying, sitting in his back garden on a wooden chair, a veritable skeleton...his fatal illness being Hodgsons disease. He was thoroughly depressed and very angry at the skepticism with which science - and many people - viewed the footage, 
and one of the last things he said to me was..."You know, Peter, we had an opportunity to shoot that thing. Bob had a loaded rifle on it. Maybe that's what we should have done. Then people would believe us."

"and incs married to morgan freemans sister.....or something like that  ;)" - Doc Holiday

#19 SAILGIRL

SAILGIRL

Wildman

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

I keep track of all reports from WI. I live just north of Fon Du Lac. Also a big YES to answer your last comment.... have bears on our land so I know what you are talking about. I have guns and taser. Wolves also spotted near our land. Coyotes come on a nightly visit. Even seen a trail cam photo of a mountain lion that was taken about 15 miles from our property.....so all kinds of big critters. There was a 2005 Bigfoot sighting off GG near Clam Lake, which is about a 20min drive from our land....so anything is possible.

#20 AaronD

AaronD

Sasquatch

• Administrators
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

^^ Sorry if I missed it, are you BFRO then?

If you MUST drink and drive...drink Fiji water, the most refreshing!