• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 LeafTalker

LeafTalker

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Well, in your case, then, they were right!

And you're right, lots of people eat those things. 

I would prefer a gift of a spinach salad with some goat cheese and some balsamic vinegar.

But if I get a snake, I will see it as a great honor. 

#22 Wag

Wag

Yowie

• Sésquac
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

The homeowner killed the snake and burried it, and found it next to the hole the next day. Well, the BF didn't eat it.

"BF are spies. When people are around and they can, they spy on them, and learn the language. They also see magazines, television, pictures so they know what cameras are. They see people take pictures of other people "posing', they can figure it out and they have." Millions of people over 70+ years with cameras in the field, Bigfoot know what cameras are. - WAG

#23 JRid

JRid

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

The Bridges told me the story of the snake close to a year ago so I'm having a little trouble remembering all the details.  I know that he buried it a second time much further from the house and it was back at the doorstep again the next morning.  They edited that part out of the show. 

#24 LeafTalker

LeafTalker

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

That is the coolest info, JRid. Boy, they are persistent... Thanks for that!

#25 GuyInIndiana

GuyInIndiana

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

The Bridges told me the story of the snake close to a year ago so I'm having a little trouble remembering all the details.  I know that he buried it a second time much further from the house and it was back at the doorstep again the next morning.  They edited that part out of the show. 

Ok, but other than wishful assumption, where do they get actual proof a BF did this? WHY oh WHY is it always the FIRST thing people conclude to be the cause of things they don't know?

www.IndianaBigfoot.com
www.mivocals.moonfruit.com

If the *skeptics* are seeing the same thing I'M seeing coming out of bigfooting these days, it's no wonder no one takes us seriously.

Is there NO objectivity left in Bigfoot research? Any? Hello?

#26 thermalman

thermalman

Skunk Ape

• Steering Committee
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

I don't watch FBF. Where can someone see just the Florida thermal video?

Edited by thermalman, 26 November 2013 - 10:15 PM.

To thermally go where no man has gone before!

#27 DWA

DWA

Sasquatch

• Sésquac
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Try

http://cliffbarackma...-brown-footage/

Good science is always open-minded, and the history of science is one of surprises and overturnings. Science is nothing but careful thinking, and careful thinking encouraging an appreciation of the complexity of the world. The complexity encourages us to maintain several possibilities at once. In a single lifetime, we may have no way to remove the ambiguities from these possibilities. A scientist may tend to favour one story over the others, but will always be careful to concede uncertainty and maintain a willingness to change the balance with new, incoming information.  - David Eagleman, neuroscientist at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, "Why I am a ‘possibilian’," New Scientist, 25/09/10
What I often tell people is that if you immerse yourself in the field, you'd be blown away by the amount of evidence.  They just get pieces of the puzzle. There's a literal ton of eyewitness accounts, foot casts, hair samples and the like. It's a situation where from a mathematical standpoint, it's highly probable that these creatures exist in North America, but it's also statistically impossible that nothing is out there. It's a weird juxtaposition of highly unlikely realities, but one of them has to be right. - Ken Gerhard

#28 thermalman

thermalman

Skunk Ape

• Steering Committee
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

thanks

To thermally go where no man has gone before!

#29 JRid

JRid

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Ok, but other than wishful assumption, where do they get actual proof a BF did this? WHY oh WHY is it always the FIRST thing people conclude to be the cause of things they don't know?

I never claimed it was proof, but it is odd.  When something like that happens at a place that has had lots of activity and clear sightings then it is not too far out there to think that it was a sasquatch that did it.  For the record, I'm definitely not one to think a sasquatch is responsible for every weird thing that happens. 

Cats most definitely will bring dead things to your doorstep, but it's rather odd that a cat would dig up a venomous snake twice.

#30 Airdale

Airdale

Oh Mah

• Sésquac
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

WRT the snake, cats will kill and present snakes as gifts, although in my personal experience, only garter snakes. I'm sure snakes fascinate them, my Maine C o o n cat has a habit of biting the breathing hose on the CPAP machine (have sleep apnea) I use at night. There is always a hiss of escaping air at the mask connection, and a lot more of a hiss after he's chomped down on it! Not sure how a domestic cat would fare against a venomous snake though a family friend once had her's bitten by a prairie rattler, all we have in Montana, and it survived after some down time. I've owned, or served on the staff of, cats for 50 of my 62 years and have never had one present me with anything they had not dispatched themselves; they are proud critters!

I've also read some reports on the BFRO that involve sightings of Squatch killing snakes but the details elude me. 

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It!

"Ideas without precedent are generally looked upon with disfavour and men are shocked if their conceptions of an orderly world are challenged." Geologist J. Harlen Bretz, 1928, describing the rejection by the geology establishment of the day of his theory that the Channeled Scablands of eastern Washington were the result of ancient flooding. It took thirty years and more of research before he was finally vindicated and the source of the floods he theorized was traced to repeated filling and catastrophic emptying of Glacial Lake Missoula over a period of several thousand years during the last Ice Age. After being awarded the Penrose Medal by the Geological Society of America at age 96 in 1979 he said to his son, "All my enemies are dead, so I have no one to gloat over."

#31 people booger

people booger

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

When I first saw the Stacey Brown footage several months ago, whenever they released it, my immediate thought was Kareem Abdul Jabar, the seven foot plus center for the Los Angeles Lakers, and Milwaukee and UCLA before that. Just the proportions of arms legs and body. Whatever it was I knew or discerned it was very tall, with my youthful memories of watching Kareem play basketball. The size comparision was impressive, as well as Cliffs' analysis and explanation of his arriving at the height estimates. but the proportions look exactly how I would remember and think a very very tall humanoid subject would look.

#32 Trogluddite

Trogluddite

Bukwas

• Sésquac
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

I didn't like the image - they made a point of stating that the people who shot it were using "1st generation thermals" so that's why it was a poor quality unlike modern thermals that "show variations of temperature." Well, I occassionally used stone-age thermals back in the 80s and if you saw a living creature (and even many objects) there were variations in temperature.  That is, a person or object had "hot spots" due to variations in its temperature.    LIke this picture (mods: feel free to delete if the picture hogs up to much space).  

The image of the bigfoot appeared to be a uniform color (heat).  The image of Bobo (in clothes) appeared to be a uniform color (heat).  Was bigfoot in clothes?  Not dispositive by any means, but enough to make me wonder.  

NoOverlay.jpg

Edited by Trogluddite, 27 November 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Not a Bigfoot expert. Not a biologist. Definitely not a computer expert.... Didn't even sleep at a Days Inn last night.... 

#33 JRid

JRid

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

In April they aired a behind the scenes show on this episode and it was the first time they showed the recreation with Bobo.  Here is the episode on youtube.  The recreation starts around 13:00 and as I said it is behind the scenes so it shows a little more information.  By the way, the recreation looks a little different because they filmed it in the daytime vs at night. 

#34 Rockape

Rockape

Bigfoot

• Steering Committee
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Agreed, and do these people even own a cat? I know they have several dogs, and a dog is capable of the same thing.

That's not a cow, it's walking on two feet.                                        

Dmaker -  There is very little human looking about Patty to me.

#35 LeafTalker

LeafTalker

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

The owners of the dogs were the ones who pointed to the unusualness of the snake story. 

My guess is that the owners of the dogs: 

-- know their dogs' patterns of behavior.

-- know the whereabouts of their dogs, and therefore know the degree of likelihood that one of their dogs, vs. another being, dug up the snake.

The information we currently have favors the thesis that a BF dug up the snake. 

But that is something someone could certainly ask the Bridges to confirm. Meaning, someone could ask, "Did you find the snake story worthy of note because all the dogs were in the house at the time that the snake appeared on your doorstep?"

Edited by LeafTalker, 27 November 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#36 Rockape

Rockape

Bigfoot

• Steering Committee
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

These appeared to be "house dogs", in that they stay in the house at night and are not out wandering the yard. Still, a dog is a dog and they tend to like to dig up dead stuff.

#37 LeafTalker

LeafTalker

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

What they tend to do, I think, becomes immaterial, if the dogs were not present to do the thing that dogs tend to do. 

#38 Rockape

Rockape

Bigfoot

• Steering Committee
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

But we know dogs were there.

#39 LeafTalker

LeafTalker

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Do we? I thought we thought there was a good possibility they were in the house. Didn't you say they were "house dogs" who were kept in at night?

The whole point is, we need more data. (Well, you do, more than I.)

The owners of the dogs, who presumably know the dogs' habits and their whereabouts, seem not to be connecting the appearance of the snake with the dogs.

That means either that 1) they know the dogs were confined somewhere when the snake appeared; or 2) they don't keep track of their dogs whereabouts, and don't know much about the habits of dogs.

I'm giving them credit for knowing something about dogs, and having a sense of their whereabouts. 

But it's true, there's a slim chance that "option 2" is the right one, and I can see why you might want to investigate to determine whether that slim possibility is the operative one. 

Edited by LeafTalker, 27 November 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#40 Pantra

Pantra

Booger

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

Many people have reported receiving dead animals as gifts. Here are some links about this:

P.S. I think they do it because they think we like to eat the same things they do..... 

Thanks! That is fascinating.... and gruesomely sweet.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users