• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 daveedoe

daveedoe

Wildman

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

anyone watch this show? good forest footage, some set ups. Love the idea and the characters.

http://www.peninsula...o-tv-last-night

-- Dr. Goodall: "...Of course, the big, the big criticism of all this is, "Where is the body?" You know, why isn't there a body? I can't answer that, and maybe they don't exist, but I want them to." --

#2 StevieStrangeGlove94

StevieStrangeGlove94

Booger

• Readers
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

They should ask dodge about bigfoot. If he really does live in the rain forest maybe hell know a thing or two. Lol

#3 Serohs

Serohs

Wildman

• Sésquac
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

He has a blog type of thing somewhere out there in the interwebz. I was looking at it the other day. He was answering some questions. Very interesting answers to some of them. One poster did ask him if he ever seen Bigfoot. His answer was yes but he calls him "Bigtoe". So not sure how to take that as a lot of his answers were tongue and cheek type of verbatim.

#4 beerhunter

beerhunter

Wildman

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

He also said "BigToe" lives in the city...

#5 daveedoe

daveedoe

Wildman

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

I saw Barefoot scare a  couple noisy campers

-- Dr. Goodall: "...Of course, the big, the big criticism of all this is, "Where is the body?" You know, why isn't there a body? I can't answer that, and maybe they don't exist, but I want them to." --

#6 Enkidu

Enkidu

Bukwas

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

So Treebeard and Moss Hopper and their friends are about as imbedded as any human could be in an area of the country renown for alleged encounters with BF. I know he plays BF to scare campers but has ole **** said anything about not being alone in the woods?

#7 TMY

TMY

Booger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

I've watched all the episodes. No, he has not.

#8 Rockape

Rockape

Skunk Ape

• Steering Committee
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Huh?

That's not a cow, it's walking on two feet.                                        

Dmaker -  There is very little human looking about Patty to me.

#9 bipedalist

bipedalist

Sasquatch

• Researcher 1
  • 12,060 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

How many of these Mick Dodge threads are we gonna open?   

Edited by bipedalist, 02 February 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#10 Biggest

Biggest

Booger

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I try to watch it. Not bad for so called *reality* TV.

#11 StevieStrangeGlove94

StevieStrangeGlove94

Booger

• Readers
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

I sorta think hes a fraud. Whos with me?

#12 Biggest

Biggest

Booger

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

I was a bit letdown when he was shaking the crabs to make them appear alive as if he's just caught them.

Dead.................

Much like that one Alasak last Frontier show where they shoot a bear, and when they get up on the body, its stiff and looks like its been dead for days.

LOL

This reality stuff these days is comical, more than anything.

#13 people booger

people booger

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

I guess we are all, contestants, show subjects, and viewers at the mercy of whatever producer or whomever   edits these shows. I am not knowledgeable of t.v. but I bet they are cheap as air to produce relative to real shows with real actors and real sets etc. And in the end, they are all just t.v. shows, made to attract the greatest number of viewers knowledgeable or not that fit their desired demographic. People like Posers I guess. I watch some for the comedic content. A certain 'mining' show is especially hillarious to me. But I watch them like everyone else. At least some of them have pretty scenery...

#14 Enkidu

Enkidu

Bukwas

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

Sorry but my thread got collapsed into this one.

Anyway, I've watched a couple of episodes and I'm still trying to figure out how much is scripted. About half the show appears to be **** walking through the woods talking to the cameraman. And the Moss Hopper "character" seems to be overtly portrayed as some sot of mystical, omni present, sylvan demigod. I'm not sure how he always seems to be one step ahead of **** and the crew without ever being seen.

But back to my point, he's got a much better chance of encountering a BF than Moneymaker's crew, so why no stories?

#15 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Yeti

• Members
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

I just thought Moss Hopper was probably John Rambo, back from his last tour in the Far East.....

Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.

It's better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.

Please note that anything I post is likely to be "IMO" & not subject to being offered up with proof.

http://soundcloud.com/sasfooty

#16 ptangier

ptangier

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

Couple questions. #1 did **** ever mention BF in the show?, or has anyone asked him about that?. #2 absolutly none of my business but I wonder what **** does with the money he gets paid for doing the show?, possibly coolege fund for his daughter or some small contribution to a "save the OP organization? Just wondering. However I do like the show. 

#17 Enkidu

Enkidu

Bukwas

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

He has mentioned BF but it was in the context of trying to chase some tenderfoot campers out of their campsite. He went about throwing sticks and giving the occasional moan just to get a start out of them.

Doesn't mean he has first hand knowledge but you never know, maybe he watches reruns of Moneymaker on his stump.