Location Of Kentucky Habituation Site Available

Guest Silver Fox

Guest bsruther

Another thing that seems to be predictable about habituation sites, is the people that have the habituations. The people always seem to be low income (not that there's anything wrong with that) and live in houses that are in disrepair. To me the people usually seem to be um, under-educated, as well.

The Kentucky site is no exception. It's in a small hollow and all the houses along the creek, at the bottom of the hollow, are run down, with junk cars and such in the front yard. As you come up out of the hollow, on either end, the houses start looking better and well taken care of. It just seems like most alleged habituations are experienced by people with little money and a lot of time.

The only habituation story I know of, where the family was educated and seemed to be well off, was the Zoobie story. Why is it that well educated, financially secure people, never seem to have habituations?

Guest Silver Fox

Not weird, in fact entirely predictable for a load of nonsense made up by people.

You say it's a load of nonsense made up by people, but you realize that these folks have supposedly shot the best BF video since the P-G film, Bindernagel and Meldrum both saw it and think it's genuine, and further, Bindernagel saw a BF at the site, and the PhD biologist Hadj-Chikh saw BF's multiple times and videotaped them there?

So you still think it's all a big fairytale?

Guest tracker

Only a very lousy version of the pancake video. You can find it on the Internet.

The real killer videos (2 of them) were actually taken by the persons who owned the habituation site, not by the Erickson Team.

They're supposed to release some or all of the footage within maybe one month, but it's all contingent on Ketchum's paper passing review. The videos will be released in tandem with the DNA paper getting published. If Ketchum's paper gets hung up in peer review, we could be looking at a year or so.

There are several videos that I know of.

1. A much better version of the pancake video. Erickson paid $20K for that. Shot by the owners.

2. 4-5 minute video of young female BF sleeping in the forest. She looks very peaceful. Towards the end, starts to get alarmed, then starts to wake up, and it ends. Shot by owners.

3. 14 seconds of the same female BF slowly walking towards the camera in the forest. You can see from her chest up. It is in HD and it is supposedly better than P-G. Chris Noel says it will blow the lid off the whole field. Shot by owners.

4. Video shot by Pfohl and Hadj-Chikh in their camera trap at the new place. May show a female BF and one or more young.

5. Video shot by Pfohl from the tree blind over by the new place. May show a male BF.

OK sounds interesting?? when are they releasing this or are they making it into a money making movie first? Personally I don't care where the exact location is or was. IMO they move around allot and dwell closer to towns than most realize. Which is old 411 to me. So the name of the closest town is good enough for my curiosity. Besides most would likely drive by other Bf's dwelling in their own states in search of the ones in that Kentucky study area. So to me it's just another red tack on a map until i see the footage and then maybe it can be recorded in the Bf history records? smile.gif

So whats the nearest town that's going to be over run with the Bigfoot craze?

Here we go again, and as always JMO tracker, dry.gif

Another thing that seems to be predictable about habituation sites, is the people that have the habituations. The people always seem to be low income (not that there's anything wrong with that) and live in houses that are in disrepair. To me the people usually seem to be um, under-educated, as well.

The Kentucky site is no exception. It's in a small hollow and all the houses along the creek, at the bottom of the hollow, are run down, with junk cars and such in the front yard. As you come up out of the hollow, on either end, the houses start looking better and well taken care of. It just seems like most alleged habituations are experienced by people with little money and a lot of time.

The only habituation story I know of, where the family was educated and seemed to be well off, was the Zoobie story. Why is it that well educated, financially secure people, never seem to have habituations?

Maybe they have more to lose by telling a bunch of strangers about what's going on? Who talks the the TV reporters after a tornado?

Guest Silver Fox

OK sounds interesting?? when are they releasing this or are they making it into a money making movie first?

They are going to release it as a DVD I think. Should be out within 1 month, but could be much longer depending on Ketchum's peer review process.

Nearest towns? Well, you know, Cincinnati, Frankfort, places like that.

Guest bsruther

Maybe they have more to lose by telling a bunch of strangers about what's going on? Who talks the the TV reporters after a tornado?

That's a good point, but I'd think if someone was experiencing an ongoing habituation, they'd want to do something about it, even if just to get rid of the BF.

It's not like they can call critter removal and have them send a guy out. It would seem that they'd have to tell somebody that has had some experience, investigating BF.

Admin

You say it's a load of nonsense made up by people, but you realize that these folks have supposedly shot the best BF video since the P-G film, Bindernagel and Meldrum both saw it and think it's genuine, and further, Bindernagel saw a BF at the site, and the PhD biologist Hadj-Chikh saw BF's multiple times and videotaped them there?

So you still think it's all a big fairytale?

Actually, Meldrum said "If it's real, it's very compelling" or that approximate statement on Coast to Coast AM. ;)

Guest tracker

They are going to release it as a DVD I think. Should be out within 1 month, but could be much longer depending on Ketchum's peer review process.

Nearest towns? Well, you know, Cincinnati, Frankfort, places like that.

gotcha wink.gif

Me, I would probably camp a little further n & w a bit. smile.gif

I hope they got the footage everyone seems to need to see for themselves? Maybe it's time to head for home plate with the simple task of collecting a specimen or some bones to back up the footage?

JMO tracker dry.gif

Guest Silver Fox

gotcha wink.gif

Me, I would probably camp a little further n & w a bit. smile.gif

I hope they got the footage everyone seems to need to see for themselves? Maybe it's time to head for home plate with the simple task of collecting a specimen or some bones to back up the footage?

JMO tracker dry.gif

Ketchum had some purported BF bones and teeth that she was working with. The tooth is the one from Scotts Valley, CA in 2002. She also had a bone. Femur? Something like that. Whether or not those are really BF bones and teeth and we can prove it though is another matter altogether.

I don't like bones and teeth. I don't think the skeptics will buy it. I think we need the slab monkey.

I don't like bones and teeth. I don't think the skeptics will buy it. I think we need the slab monkey.

Bones and teeth = "slab monkey."

On the BFRO there are some interesting recent reports of dumpster diving BF's. One on the outskirts of Seattle and another in Chicago city limits. Chicago has ~150,000 acres of parks running through it from one end to the other, often heavily wooded. BF's are now being seen in these parks. In the Seattle case, the dumpster was in an inhabited area that was next to a large wooded area. Where large areas of woods, rivers or swamps abut residential areas, we are starting to get reports of BF's roaming around.

The BF in Seattle tripped when it fell off the curb. :D That cracked me up.

Here's the BFRO report...(by the way, one of the most detailed investigations I've seen. Wish they were all like this rather than 'spoke on the phone for a few minutes and found the hobo to be most believable....hic' :)

Trippin Dumster Diver

Edited by megatarsal

Guest BFSleuth

You are right, I think only well educated people with well kept yards should be believed.... :blink: