• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

Oh I get it... they need more salt because they are sweating it out! I guess Powerade wouldn't be good for their teeth? I wonder if they even trust to drink bright colored liquids in bottles?

#22 niks97cobra

niks97cobra

Booger

• Inactive
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

Looking forward to reading more! Great thread!

#23 grayjay

grayjay

Yeti

• Banned
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

Oh I get it... they need more salt because they are sweating it out! I guess Powerade wouldn't be good for their teeth? I wonder if they even trust to drink bright colored liquids in bottles?

Jeeze powerade makes me gag!! Altho in the heat working outside I know it's value :lol: LMAO!!! Also not a fan of drinking neon-colored fluids.....I would check my kitchen cabinets for an old Mortons salt container that might have accidently) hardened? Then leave the small lump of salt on a tree stump or rock? Cheap and easy.
Sorry the fish are being uncooperative. The water temps here are high also and much to my relief the Pike & Muskie are no longer hanging out in our swimming area....heheheh! It's so hot you don't even see the Bluegills near shore now.

#24 gershake

gershake

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Great thread, and I also love your avatar! :D

- Shake

"Me and my people break bread, sit and smoke, the conversation rich, but that depends on what you consider broke" - Talib Kweli

"a pack of dogs and cigarettes" - Jack White

• Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

What about rock salt for ice cream?

#26 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Yeti

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

You can get little salt lick thingies for rabbits at Wal Mart.

Sounds like you definitely have some trying to get your attention. They can watch you in complete silence if they want to, & you wouldn't have a clue....except that odd prickling on your back. :rolleyes:

So, if they are making noise, they want you to know they're there. Jodie may be right about the cough. They like to imitate the noises we make, & it could have just been his way of saying "Hi" & showing you that he recognized you from the previous fishing trip.

Why don't you try holding a fish up & asking if they would like for you to leave them some? You might get a surprise. ;)

Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.

I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand.  Confucius

Please note that anything I post is likely to be "IMO" & not subject to being offered up with proof.

http://soundcloud.com/sasfooty

#27 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

What great ideas! Thanks folks! Will definitely look at the rabbit licks and rock salt. The thought occurred to me perhaps a cooler full of Otter Pops might be welcomed? lol We've had heat index over 100 for weeks with no end in sight. That's wild Grayjay that Pike and Muskie linger so close in swimming area. I've never been too fond of them myself. I heard about one cove where the Gar are so thick you could walk across them. After what happened to Jeremy Wade on River Monsters when he caught a Gar I don't think I want to catch any. At this point the only thing actually feeding are Bluegill oh and snakes...caught a watersnake on my new crankbait. Hoping for cooler weather soon! What with Fall supposedly being BF mating season and the abundance of nuts, persimmons and muscadines I would think they will be out and about more.

#28 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Yeti

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

Oh! I meant to mention the series of three taps. Sometime those series of taps, knocks, or house bumps is their way of telling you how many of them are there.

Not always, though. Mostly you just have to guess at the meaning. :lol:

Please note that anything I post is likely to be "IMO" & not subject to being offered up with proof.

#29 southernyahoo

southernyahoo

Skunk Ape

• Steering Committee
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

What do you guys think? Can BF's cough like a man?

My team got a recording at point blank range that sounds like a human cough without a doubt. The thing about that cough though is that you never hear the supposed person do a "voice check" to be sure the larynx is clear of flem.

http://www.texlarese...precordings.htm

Listen to #6 "the cut down version about 3 minutes long"

My opinion, yes.
www.texlaresearch.com

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes."Nikola Tesla

Body + human DNA = Human

#30 vilnoori

vilnoori

Yeti

• Inactive
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

buy a standard box of salt and dip it in water, then let it dry in the sun. Peel away the cardboard.

#31 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

My team got a recording at point blank range that sounds like a human cough without a doubt. The thing about that cough though is that you never hear the supposed person do a "voice check" to be sure the larynx is clear of flem.

http://www.texlarese...precordings.htm

Listen to #6 "the cut down version about 3 minutes long"

My opinion, yes.

Wow thanks for the link. I'm heading out for the day but will listen to all the recordings this evening. I had searched before for BF cough recordings, but had only come up with a site that wanted to charge to listen to them. Thanks for sharing this. The first recording reminds me of a pertussis cough having come down with pertussis just a few years ago and very familiar with the peculiar sound of those coughs. So this suggests BF was sick or else mimicking someone who was sick. Somehow its very comical if they are mimicking coughs to get attention.

#32 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

Oh! I meant to mention the series of three taps. Sometime those series of taps, knocks, or house bumps is their way of telling you how many of them are there.

Not always, though. Mostly you just have to guess at the meaning. :lol:

Where did the idea come from that the taps mean number of BF's present? I'm curious the origin of that. I hope there aren't 3 there. I don't like the feeling of being outnumbered.

#33 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Yeti

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

Where did the idea come from that the taps mean number of BF's present? I'm curious the origin of that. I hope there aren't 3 there. I don't like the feeling of being outnumbered.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You'd be outnumbered if there was just a three year old there. They wouldn't let you know they're there if they were planning to murder you. They want you alive & happy.

About the taps. I found out about that through "woo-woo" stuff.

#34 southernyahoo

southernyahoo

Skunk Ape

• Steering Committee
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Wow thanks for the link. I'm heading out for the day but will listen to all the recordings this evening. I had searched before for BF cough recordings, but had only come up with a site that wanted to charge to listen to them. Thanks for sharing this. The first recording reminds me of a pertussis cough having come down with pertussis just a few years ago and very familiar with the peculiar sound of those coughs. So this suggests BF was sick or else mimicking someone who was sick. Somehow its very comical if they are mimicking coughs to get attention.

It might be a mimic, however, during that recording there was nobody else there within a half mile of that recorder, so it wouldn't have been for the perceived benefit of a human unless they new what the recorder was. We had hiked all over that area earlier in the day to set out the recorders but didn't detect anything unusual. You learn alot about a place and what goes on there by audio surveilance overnight.
www.texlaresearch.com

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes."Nikola Tesla

Body + human DNA = Human

• Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

It might be a mimic, however, during that recording there was nobody else there within a half mile of that recorder, so it wouldn't have been for the perceived benefit of a human unless they new what the recorder was. We had hiked all over that area earlier in the day to set out the recorders but didn't detect anything unusual. You learn alot about a place and what goes on there by audio surveilance overnight.

What kind of recorder would you recommend I buy in the 40-70.00 range. I want something waterproof. If it's voice activated how do you keep the crickets from setting off the recording?

#36 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Ok guys I return perplexed. The potato cakes were of course gone which I figured the raccoons would polish off before anyone else. Indeed the cakes were gone just like the orange without a crumb left however they were a very faint print on the ground. The spot has hard packed dirt with a lot of clay content so its not something that will show much of a print. I am thinking the print is a bear though I'm going to have to do some research tonight on bear tracks as I don't recall them having a heel that comes to a narrow point. Whatever it was is either bear, Bigfoot or some unclassified other creature as it does not have toe pads like a dog or wild cat print. Actually it can't be a cat because it left claw marks above each toe. Considering I heard a growl last time I'm thinking bear, but that doesn't explain the cough. The jasper rock I had left and the bottle cap were both there but looked like they had been stepped on and pressed into dirt. The rock appeared it had been moved around a lot as it was caked on both sides in the clay whereas it was "clean" when I left it. I heard weird sounds behind me today so I began to feel unsafe with potential that it could be a bear and its not as threatening when the sounds come from across the water because then there is some distance between us. Back away from the bank the grass is about waist high then there is a overgrown treeline that the sound seemed to be coming from the closest I can explain is a tap or a pop sound but it was single sounds with several seconds between and not tapping done in succession. I took pics with my camera phone and the first pic I looked at on my computer doesn't show the traffic. Of course I don't have plaster mix to make a casting as I don't know anything about that stuff. If it is a Bigfoot it is a small one because the length of print wasn't longer than my hand and I have a small hand. Going to look up bear prints now...

#37 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Here's a photo- can anyone else see the print? Its from a camera phone so its not the best quality. The claw marks aren't visible in the pic but they were definitely claws that were poked into the dirt in front of the two toes on the left side.

Attached Files

#38 bipedalist

bipedalist

Sasquatch

• Researcher 1
  • 12,079 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

...bear tracks as I don't recall them having a heel that comes to a narrow point

Hind foot tapers down to a rounded heel rather abruptly in black bear, sometimes claw marks will show in bear prints, sometimes not, sometimes just the tip of the claw will leave an indentation or shallow hole in the earth in advance of the toes. Can't make alot out on the print pictures myself, seems scuffed some. Raccoon hindprint tapers to a heel as well but considerably smaller.

#39 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

Yeah someone may have walked on it because someone had fished there recently as there were cellophane from cigarette package and some fishing line. It had also rained a bit this morning before I went out. From what I've seen online some bear prints seem to have narrow heel and some do not. I really can't tell since the toe portion was not well defined. I think I need to leave something in a soft mud area and see if it will leave a print.

It is definitely way too big to be a raccoon having had many tamed raccoon friends in years past whom I fed at night. And they left muddy prints all over my patio.

#40 southernyahoo

southernyahoo

Skunk Ape

• Steering Committee
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

What kind of recorder would you recommend I buy in the 40-70.00 range. I want something waterproof. If it's voice activated how do you keep the crickets from setting off the recording?

I like the olympus ws210s for that price range. It will record over 12 hrs in HQ on a single AAA battery in summertime temps. They sell mini microphones that will plug into the mic port on the recorder and can be placed inside a cheap plastic container to keep it from getting wet, with just the mic sticking out of the container. We set the recorders to record constantly without the use of voice activation, so you would have to review all that audio to know what went on at your gifting location. The recorder has a built in usb plug that will upload straight to your computer. This would not be top quality audio, but is very easy on the wallet, and you wouldn't be out much if it was to get damged
www.texlaresearch.com

Body + human DNA = Human