Photo

I'm Beginning To Think There Might Be A Squatch Nearby

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

Thanks! We will see how this weekend goes. I left another cigarette out today in the plastic case since my brother will be gone to work tonight. I churned up the soil a bit where it would stand. I haven't got the nerve to camp on his living room floor.

#42 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Skunk Ape

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

I left another cigarette out today...

Did I miss something? Did you leave another one out?

Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.

I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand.  Confucius

Please note that anything I post is likely to be "IMO" & not subject to being offered up with proof.

http://soundcloud.com/sasfooty

• Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Did I miss something? Did you leave another one out?

Yes I left another one out tonight. The one I left last week got taken on the weekend. I am thinking whatever is taking the cigarettes and butts does it when my brother works nights on his weekend shift.

#44 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Skunk Ape

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

You DO realize that BF doesn't smoke, don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least that's what I've been told by logical people. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sasfooty, 29 July 2011 - 07:30 PM.

Please note that anything I post is likely to be "IMO" & not subject to being offered up with proof.

#45 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

You DO realize that BF doesn't smoke, don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least that's what I've been told by logical people. :rolleyes:

Yep how would they light it? Though they may use the tobacco for bug bites or some other ailment.

#46 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

Since $70 is in your price range why not get a trail cam instead of a sound recorder? Walmart has trail cams for $69.

#47 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Skunk Ape

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Yep how would they light it?

We had that discussion awhile back, after cigarette smoke was wafting into my window a few times when they were here late at night.

I think we decided that they have lighters.

• Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

I was afraid to leave a lighter out on the off chance it might set the bluff on fire, but I believe it takes the cigarette apart and uses the tobacco like snuff. The missing butts out of the ash tray on the deck was happening long before Sasfooty talked about her smoking sasquatch, but I don't doubt they can smoke if they have a lighter and some cigarettes.

#49 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Skunk Ape

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

I think somebody here has found something a little stronger recently. I noticed a "different" smell one night a couple of weeks ago.

#50 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

How could they learn to use a lighter?

• Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

Watching people. Remember that old saying as it applies to children when you want to watch what you say and do around them, " Monkey see, monkey do"?

edit- The cigarette is still there this morning.

#52 Biggie

Biggie

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

So this suggests BF was sick or else mimicking someone who was sick. Somehow its very comical if they are mimicking coughs to get attention.

I have seen a few reports where people heard a bf make a grunt that sounded similar to a cough like someone clearing their throat but louder than a human so it may be fairly common for them to do.

#53 bsruther

bsruther

Oh Mah

• Inactive
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

Tobacco was being used by NAs, long before Europeans arrived in this country. So, I don't see why those that may have been here along with the NAs, wouldn't have been using it for something too.

#54 wudewasa

wudewasa

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Tobacco was being used by NAs, long before Europeans arrived in this country. So, I don't see why those that may have been here along with the NAs, wouldn't have been using it for something too.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1079499/

#55 bipedalist

bipedalist

Sasquatch

• Researcher 1
  • 12,149 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

Mmmmmm.....nicotine oil and turpentine! :wacko:

#56 Tsalagi

Tsalagi

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:56 PM

My greatgrandmother always put tobacco soaked in warm water on our bee stings and bug bites. It seriously does take the pain and swelling out of stings. Matter of fact I wish I had some tobacco now since I got stung 4 times today. :angry: I think I recall an old NA remedy using tobacco for some sort of stomach problem. Course this was original tobacco and not the poison laced stuff they call tobacco today.

Fly fishermen know that smoking on a cigar or pipe will keep pesky no see ums and mosquitoes at bay.

• Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

Try meat tenderizer, if you have it Tsalagi, on those stings.

#58 Biggie

Biggie

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Why did you get stung 4 times were you inadvertently disturbing their nest? Did you get stung by bees, wasps, yellow jackets? I hope you got some recompense and destroyed their nest for your trouble.

That must be true about smoke in general. Skeeters will eat me alive until I bathe in campfire smoke then they won't touch me even when the smoke is gone since the smell is still on me.

#59 Sasfooty

Sasfooty

Skunk Ape

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Jodie, did the cigarette that you left out last night disappear?

• Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

Jodie, did the cigarette that you left out last night disappear?

No, I'm still waiting to see what happens, it was in the case this morning. My neighbor does not have the feed corn for the deer out this weekend. I wonder if that was the initial draw.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users