Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

People's words here might not reduce them to a quivering mass of jello, but I will tell you what,if someone came to me tomorrow and said, geez, I killed one,what do I do?, the first piece of advice I would give,is,"Don't tell anyone involved with the Bigfoot community at all, its not worth it"

Not everyone is out looking for the money shot,or the attention that comes with it.

Then I would introduce him to some University types I know,nice and quietly.

Edited by JohnC

reality...on a bigfoot discussion site...talk about an anachronism...who woulda thunk it prior to having seen one? biggrin.gif

I supposed I lost sight of mine about the time I realized the only thing Justin is truly sorry about is that he didn't finish the job and collect even more evidence. If anyone thinks he is genuinely sorry for shooting the critters I have some air in the bed of my truck I'd like to sell you cheap.

After listening to the interview 4 times I can honestly say he reminds me of my old uncle Duncan. The man was a great woodsmen, a slayer yes, hunter...not really. He was the type that would club a baby fur seal to death with a California Condor and laugh about it afterwards.

I regret that I had only one point to give as a sacrifice for your posting... :D

Justin didn't set out to hunt a bigfoot and wasn't expecting to find one.

He made decisions on the spot and folks have given him a hard time over them.

Recriminations at this point have limited value and impact. They may make the person leveling the recrimination feel better, but I don't think anyone can make Justin feel worse than he already does.

So it's time to look to a future problem.

After the big reveal, there will be people, and not a few, who will set out to bag one of their own. Even in the face of existing protection laws and new bigfoot-specific legislation (which will take time) there will be a period where people will test the laws as they apply to bigfoot. No law has teeth unless it is enforced, and bigfoot will be hunted until someone is prosecuted for killing a bigfoot after the new laws have been put in place.

Justin is now a resource. He, and others who have had bigfoot in their sights, can potentially play a positive role during this period in terms of public awareness. The message being that bigfoot should not be hunted and why. I anticipate that there will be plenty of donation money to various environmental and animal rights groups that can be used for this purpose when the time comes.

Work together to translate the experience into an effort to prevent it from happening again.

BFF Patron
I know it was over nighted. Ill ask her when she gets home. There's really no question a sample got to Dr. K and she tested it and we know the results. Why would you be curious the means of transportation?

Along these same lines, companies like Omaha steaks send out UPS shipments with insulated, enclosed dry ice. I'm sure FedEx does same. USPS Express Mail could have overnighted something as well.

The sample sent to Ketchum was NOT "salt-dried" or prepared but was one inch square according to previous posts wrapped in paper, placed in an airtight/watertight container then frozen in a block of ice.

.......... The flesh sample is more then just frozen in a sandwich bag. Its wrapped in a paper type material freezer sealed then put in a water tight air tight container and frozen in a block of ice, there's nothing to see. The way its being kept it will be the same as the moment it was frozen if its un frozen tomorrow or 20 years from now, no possibility of freezer burn or contamination.

.......and told him something a long the lines of the post office didnt open up before 4am and i had to get to hunting before the season closed the following week and that I would deal with it when i returned maybe in a few days maybe in a week or so, I told him there was no hurry. He had a HUGE sense of urgency about the whole thing like any of us would now. I told him well call my wife she is at home doesnt have a car but hey if you think you can talk her into sending it by all means go for it she knows where it is. From there he suggested maybe he should just drive the 12 hours one way to come pick it up. I was pretty blown away by that idea but it helped show me how serious he was about the whole thing.Apparently Derek was pretty persuasive and was able to talk my wife into getting a ride from her sister to the post office and mailing it over night to Dr Ketchum on what was probably Wednesday morning. So ''my wife sent it'', I guess i could have just said that but then it would have brought up several questions i just answered first.

Sounds like USPS Express Mail was the choice on initial discussion earlier in the thread. Don't know how you have to declare a piece prepared and packaged as above but it sounds like it was done at the post office (unless they were turned away for some reason).

Admin

After the big reveal, there will be people, and not a few, who will set out to bag one of their own.

The big reveal of what JDL? It will be a subjective statistical analysis.

Unfortunately, a "slab monkey" is required and the hunting will continue until one is produced. Allegedly, Justin killed two, giving the chance to end it all and decided to walk away instead.

Mere words can't express my thoughts about that decision. On the other hand, my gut feeling is that it's just a tall tale, so no need for members to get all bent out of shape about it.

The truth will come out.

Edited by gigantor

Sometimes us females (human type) can have days where certain situations can affect us, or me at least, a little more than on a different day.I did feel sad about the mother and child being killed, but the little one being left alone brought tears to my eyes and thoughts of can the poor little thing forage enough to feed itself and be able to survive without it's mother and sibling? Whatever,it's not a big deal, people have feelings, and sometimes situations can bring tears for whatever reason. :blink: It's not anything to fret over,so Let's move on, I have..

... and this is why we wuv you, Susiq.

You have a heart big as Texas... heck, maybe bigger than Alaska!

The big reveal of what JDL? It will be a subjective statistical analysis.

Unfortunately, a "slab monkey" is required and the hunting will continue until one is produced. Allegedly, Justin killed two, giving the chance to end it all and decided to walk away instead.

Mere words can't express my thoughts about that decision. On the other hand, my gut feeling is that it's just a tall tale, so no need for members to get all bent out of shape about it.

The truth will come out.

If it is just to be a scientific reveal of a dry statistical analysis, of esoteric interest only, you're right - and that probably is the way the scientific community will look at it.

The public reveal, though.... well, that's likely to be something else. Erickson policy footage released in conjunction will catch the public eye. Sensational news reports will inform the public that a study "proving" the existence of bigfoot has been completed (most will never even see the study, but will be led to believe that it isn't simply a dry satistical analysis). A sharp increase in public interest, and people scrambling to get in on the action.

I don't think it will be a non-event.

Guest Cervelo

I just hope you're not foolish enough to hike in heavily hunted areas during hunting season without a blaze orange vest and hat.

Oh thanks for the advice I'll avoid roads with guys jumping out of trucks blasting away at scary "monsters" with their hands in the air. Not sure the blaze orange would work? Maybe a white flag!!! You so funny!!!:)

Sometimes us females (human type) can have days where certain situations can affect us, or me at least, a little more than on a different day.I did feel sad about the mother and child being killed, but the little one being left alone brought tears to my eyes and thoughts of can the poor little thing forage enough to feed itself and be able to survive without it's mother and sibling? Whatever,it's not a big deal, people have feelings, and sometimes situations can bring tears for whatever reason. :blink: It's not anything to fret over,so Let's move on, I have..

I have this picture in my head of you talking your husband into taking you out to CA to pick up the orphan and sitting there petting it all the way home.

Edited by indiefoot

So, I awaken this morning to find that things really spiraled out of control and this thread closed. Numerous reports filed for this thread and to sort through the mess 14 posts that were in deference to the Rules & Guidelines had to be removed.

This is a popular thread with a lot of good discussion. I realize that the topic of the thread is one that evokes strong opinion from multiple sides.

That's cool so long as the posts made comply with the Forum's Rules and Guidelines.

Not too difficult to familiarize yourself with them and post in deference to them.

If you have a personal fight/beef to take up with someone do so via PM as opposed to the open forum.

So, 6 posts by Jodie were removed, 5 posts by Encounter removed, 1 by Kentucky Apeman, 1 by MJ151, and 1 by BobbyO.

BobbyO's post was removed because he quoted and responded to a post that fell short of being in compliance with the rules and had been removed. He really did nothing wrong.

Kind of disappointed in you guys in all sincerity. Some more than others.

The content of this thread is popular but a bit touchy. Due to that, it is obviously being monitored closely to make sure the content posted is compliant to the rules of the forum.

There is also an expectation that all members will familiarize themselves with the rules and post in a manner respectful to them.

If you hit the *Add-Reply* button to a post and do not edit it in the time afforded member editing then you *own* it.

14 posts were removed because they fell short of compliance. No warning increases or other punitive measures were taken this time.

Please keep future posts within the lines of the forum rules. I can assure you guys that neither myself or other members of Staff will be so forgiving in the future.

Here is a link to the Rules & Guidelines...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Familiarize yoursef with them and post in deference to them.

Have fun, debate hard but respectfully and impersonally, and enjoy the forum.

You guys are better than what has recently taken place in this thread, (14 posts having to be removed), that dictated its temporary closure.

By posting in such an amazing manner of non-compliance, that dictates the closure of threads, you are ruining the discussion for the majority of folks around here that seem to be able to follow the Rules & Guidelines.

I'm not going to allow that to happen.

Pardon the rant. Most of you know I"m a pretty easy going guy. But, I'm a tad ticked off at having to remove 14 posts in a thread just to be able to re-open it. Haven't had my coffee yet either... ;)

Thanks to the Moderators for their tolerance on this one, and for cleaning up the thread. I am pleased to see the thread back, because, who knows, we might be discussing something here of historical importance. I notice that the BFRO aren't allowing any discussion of the matter whatsoever, despite all the stuff that is in the public domain, and it is to the credit of this forum that things are a bit more open here.

Mike

SSR Team

I apologies, i shouldn't have quoted it.. :blush:

Regarding the arms-above-the-head-waving- something struck me...

IN that video of the youth group in the mountains in Cali the subject coming down the ridge was waving it's hands above it's head as it moved down the mountain. It looked odd in the video, but it's very similar to the way Justin described the actions of the adult. Just some food for thought...

Tim B.