Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest Cervelo

I'll try to find the thread it is Marble Mountain and I will be wearing shorts tomorrow when it's 42 outside. You would be surprised how sweaty you get hiking with 30 to 50lbs on your back as opposed to sitting on you butt behind a computer but that just me! :)

Edited by Cervelo

I'll try to find the thread it is Marble Mountain and I will be wearing shorts tomorrow when it's 42 outside. You would be surprised how sweaty you get hiking with 30 to 50lbs on your back as opposed to sitting on you butt behind a computer but that just me! :)

Hmm now that I think of it my mailman still walks around in his shorts delivering the mail.

Colorado and most western states that permit open carry do not have a problem with bowhunters carrying sidearms. I wouldn't hunt without one, since everywhere I hunt elk there are black bear. I have never had to use mine, and I don't expect I ever will, though I have had a number of confrontations. Frankly, I don't know that it would be as helpful as pepper spray, which I also carry.

It sounds like you are well prepared to face an unwelcome encounter that escalates to where you would need protection that you would have it available.

Personally, I believe in being prepared for any dangerous encounter that could possibly occur. I had rather have too much protection than to discover that I did not have enough!

Hubby and son carry what they consider reasonable protection when they mountain climb and camp in the Smoky Mountains.

BFF Patron

Well if its a recreation on the Marble Mountain ridge it's still not a part of the original Marble Mountain video. It's the famous FB/FB analysis and collation of borrowed material shall we say

for educational purposes. wink.gif

Yes, that what I think it is Bi-Pedal, a snip of the researcher on the ridge from that analysis,lol

I was getting nervous there.....

This is NOT Marble Mountain, my understanding is it was near fourcorners area or Nevada.....cant remember exact location but it was NOT norcal as I remember. That is if this is the vid. where the guy jumps off a little

spur ridge and slides down some scree slope of loose dirt?

Yes That picture was taken from the BFRO Marble Mountain analysis.

At 11:45 of the video you'll see the screen grab above WHICH IS ACTUALLY BOBO walking down the mountain in a re-creation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVUPoBGJo1o#t=11m45s

Edited by rockiessquatching

Tim,

Not to derail anymore but this picture kinda put that one to bed for me. I believe a member here did this analysis Pragmatic theorist I believe.

Notice who the film expert is that he relies on: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/hoaxes/marble_hoax.htm

None other than MK Davis who perpetuated the absurd Patternson/Gimlin Bigfoot Massacre idea to which John Green called him out on it and set the record straight.

Like most purported BF videos, it is ultimately inconclusive. Even if it is a genuine sasquatch, the lack of detail prevents any meaningful data from being gleaned.

Edited by Bonehead74

Compare the movement of the ORIGINAL ridge walker in the Marble Mountain video to the gate on this gentleman.

Tim B.

Edited by TimB

Guest maximusnow

The 1996 memorial day video of a suspect creature running gets me. Fact or faked re created this by having a man in a suit match the run speed, thus resulting in them claiming it a hoax. The problem I have is that in a side by side compairison, the creature covered the distance with almost half the number of strides as the investigator. I also noticed in a few screan grabs the anatomy of the ankle area was very odd in its flexation..Im not an expert but my limbs do not bend in my lower leg area like the footage shows.

I never understood the , If i can recreat the footage, its a fake theory. I can recreat a chocolate chip cookie and photograph it, but that doesnt prove that the cookie in an add is a real cookie! I know my examples suck, im in a hurry.....:blink:

tn_gallery_16762_17_948214.jpg 1996 Memorial Day Bigfoot Video

Interesting point Tim, now that you mention it it makes me wonder. I had always thought that particular video (if real) showed a sasquatch exibiting exasperation or frustration, if that was the case then perhaps the creature Justin shot was conveying similar emotions. Interesting train of thought. I wonder if anyone else has seen this thpe of behavior?

If Justin and the driver are engaged in a hoax it is more clever than it first appears. They have many folks emotions jacked up and questioning the ethics embedded in their story, and not the very truth of their story.

Not saying that they are lying but we aren't allowed to question the veracity of any report on here if the subject of a report is a member here.

My personal threshold of proof hasn't been hit yet, but there's potential.

Tim B.