Bigfoot & Native Americans...

Guest Bucket

Guest BAGWAJININI

The face of a neanderthal with hair. more human features than animal. He was about 40-60 yards away. I'm not good with measuring by eyesight. his coat of hair was beautiful, but had marks on it like scars or something. gashes in it's coat. the rest seemed well groomed and beautiful. He was downwind and I didn't smell anything unusual for the woods area. It's hard to explain the angle of is approach, but, a little wider than a 90 degree angle is the best description I can give.

I can tell you the others I see, I believe, are actually the same one. He seems to have a change in coat colors at different times. like a black and a dark brown.

I guess if you can imagine a very tall and strong neanderthal with bear like arms, size of the guns and not look alike, and a body of hair close to 3 inch long hair or so and sometimes the hair is thick and or thin, we'd be talking about the man I'm seeing.

The only problem is, I don't see him anymore. I miss him. I'm not seeing them in my dreams anymore either. Perhaps, I've lost my gift, I don't know. My uncle told me that throughout life we will be tested. We'll lose communication with the other side and long for that communication back. He told me that every man is tested. That they sit back and watch to see if we lose faith. That we need to take comfort in knowing and seeing instead of the "expectation" of always seeing.

• Upvote 1

Guest BAGWAJININI

The face of a neanderthal with hair. more human features than animal. He was about 40-60 yards away. I'm not good with measuring by eyesight. his coat of hair was beautiful, but had marks on it like scars or something. gashes in it's coat. the rest seemed well groomed and beautiful. He was downwind and I didn't smell anything unusual for the woods area. It's hard to explain the angle of is approach, but, a little wider than a 90 degree angle is the best description I can give.

I can tell you the others I see, I believe, are actually the same one. He seems to have a change in coat colors at different times. like a black and a dark brown.

I guess if you can imagine a very tall and strong neanderthal with bear like arms, size of the guns and not look alike, and a body of hair close to 3 inch long hair or so and sometimes the hair is thick and or thin, we'd be talking about the man I'm seeing.

The only problem is, I don't see him anymore. I miss him. I'm not seeing them in my dreams anymore either. Perhaps, I've lost my gift, I don't know. My uncle told me that throughout life we will be tested. We'll lose communication with the other side and long for that communication back. He told me that every man is tested. That they sit back and watch to see if we lose faith. That we need to take comfort in knowing and seeing instead of the "expectation" of always seeing.

Guest BAGWAJININI

I guess it looked like that one in that video of patterson over in the images/video section of forum. The only different was that facial structure was slightly different like. Also, his build is different. not like a huge body builder, but he did have more of a build than that one in that video over in the image section.

Guest wudewasa

I guess it looked like that one in that video of patterson over in the images/video section of forum. The only different was that facial structure was slightly different like. Also, his build is different. not like a huge body builder, but he did have more of a build than that one in that video over in the image section.

Interesting. Can you describe the facial structure further?

Guest BAGWAJININI

I lived on the Seine River First Nation Reservation for a year about 10 years ago. I was helping my ex's older brother who's job was to assist the elders around the reservation. We walked across the lake to an elder named "pine- pronounced pin-ay-meaning partridge". Pine lived in an old tar paper shack across the lake and didn't come into the village. He loved having visitors though. We brought him a sled full of wood to burn in his little iron stove and sat and listened. He told us a story about Bagwajinini. The story goes as follows;

Mewinzha, gaa apii geyaabi endaawaad waaginogaaning Anishinaabeg, gii odisaawaan apane go Bagwajininiwan Anishinaabeg omaa. Mii go apii jibwaa waaka'igan ayaawaad Anishinaabeg omaa. Anishinaabeg ogii-pagijiganaawaan Bagwajinini moozhag. Bagwajininiwan ogii-minodoodawaawaan Anishinaabeg. tibishkoo osayeyan. Aabiding igo ogii-kibaakwabagijiganaawaan Anishinaabeg. Gii waaka'iganikewaad igaye pagamigiiwaashkwebiiwaad apane go Anishinaabeg. Ogii-maajitaa aabaji'toowaawaan wasagamook ji waabamaawaad dibikak. Gaawiin geyaabi ogii-nisidotasiiaawaan awe Bagwajininiwan. Ogii-poonenimaawaan Bagwajininiwan Anishinaabeg. "Aniishiin wenji odisasiweg geyaabi" ogii-kagwejimaawaan Anishinaabeg idash Gawiin wiiya gii nakwetamawisaawaad. Kitchi bagaminishkenimaawaad awe Bagwajinini. Aabiding igo gii pi-izhaa ji odisaawaawaan Anishinaabewan Bagwajinini idash Gaawiin geyaabi giigidotawaasiig Anishinaabeg. Mii gaa apii kimoodwaawan awe Anishinaabebinoojiiyens. Kina wiiya ogii-noopinaawaan noopiming. Onzaawewiibatood idash awe Bagwajinini. "Gaagige giga-maanendaam" etago gii noondawaad bezhigonini. Mii wenji omaa-ayaayaan animi-ayaa ingiwedig anishinaabeg agaamakwaa. Gii nimishoomeban aw abinoojiiyensiban.

Translation: Long ago, when the Anishinaabeg people still lived in the crooked lodge (wig-wam), the wild man always came to visit the Anishinaabeg people here. That was before the Anishinaabeg people lived in houses. The Anishinaabeg people always gave offerings to the wild man. The anishinaabeg treated the wild man good. Just like they would treat an older brother. Once though, the Anishinaabeg simply stopped giving offerings to the wild man. The Anishinaabeg people began building houses and being drunk all of the time. They began to use lightning to see in the dark. The Anishinaabeg people were no longer communicating with the wild man. They began to ignore him. "Why do you no longer visit with me? the wild man asked the Anishinaabeg people, but nobody answered. The wild man became very angry. Once he came to visit the Anishinaabeg people again but nobody would talk to him. That is when he stole a baby. Everyone chased him into the woods. He was too fast though. "You will all be sorry forever" is the only thing one man heard. That is why I live here, away from those ones acroos the lake. That baby was to be my uncle.

What can we learn from this story?

That you and Para ape have a lot in common.

You may want to add "JMO" to that as I'm pretty sure you aren't speaking for me??? Grin! ;)

For grins & giggles I'll also point out stories such as these have multi-layered lessons built in and depending on ones maturity level it reveals yours within the answer you give....rule of thumb...NOT a commentary on your response. Just a heads up. :o

Guest HairyGreek

You may want to add "JMO" to that as I'm pretty sure you aren't speaking for me??? Grin! ;)

For grins & giggles I'll also point out stories such as these have multi-layered lessons built in and depending on ones maturity level it reveals yours within the answer you give....rule of thumb...NOT a commentary on your response. Just a heads up. :o

Just trying to keep things a little light-hearted. I get your not-so-subtle dig at my response. Sorry folks can't take a joke. I will keep it serious in the future.

EDIT: By the way, clever emoticons do not cover over the fact you are insulting me, albeit not directly. If you are trying to make a point by doing it with levity, point taken. It would have been more appropriate to send in a PM and just delete my post. If this wasn't a commentary on my response, you wouldn't have qouted said response. JMVHO.

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest Biggie

Breaking a branch off a tree and simply swatting the deer in the back of the head with precision isn't common. Good aim. Like He simply knocked it out and broke the neck at the same time.

It must be more common than you realize since it was so proficient in killing it. To be that accurate and patient enough to make sure it is killed in just one swing takes experience.

How tall would you say the bf was? How long and thick was the branch it used? How high from the ground was the branch? Do you remember what kind of tree it came from?

Fascinating info thanks for sharing it.

Guest BAGWAJININI

It must be more common than you realize since it was so proficient in killing it. To be that accurate and patient enough to make sure it is killed in just one swing takes experience.

How tall would you say the bf was? How long and thick was the branch it used? How high from the ground was the branch? Do you remember what kind of tree it came from?

I'm not great with height but just guessing without fact, I'd say he was around 8-9feet tall. The branch wasn't on a live standing tree. He snapped the branch off a dead fall tree that I can't identify just off the top of my head. Whatever kind of tree it was the bark was gone so it had to have been sitting there seasoning for a few years or the tree died from porcupines eating the bark. Just guessing. If I had to guess the size of the branch I would say about 4 feet to 5 feet long and about 3-4 inches wide. Once again I'm simply guessing. I really should go out and visit the Area again, but I get scared to be honest.

Guest BAGWAJININI

I'm not great with height but just guessing without fact, I'd say he was around 8-9feet tall. The branch wasn't on a live standing tree. He snapped the branch off a dead fall tree that I can't identify just off the top of my head. Whatever kind of tree it was the bark was gone so it had to have been sitting there seasoning for a few years or the tree died from porcupines eating the bark. Just guessing. If I had to guess the size of the branch I would say about 4 feet to 5 feet long and about 3-4 inches wide. Once again I'm simply guessing. I really should go out and visit the Area again, but I get scared to be honest.

Guest BAGWAJININI

You're correct Mr Grayjay moderator sir. There are several different levels of lessons. I remember the story like it was told yesterday because it caught my attention to the point of obsession. I've been thinking about that story since I heard it. Some of the things I've come up with through the story:

1. Bagwajinini is capable of logic.

2. Bagwajinini is capable of vocal communication and language. (Note: Do all Bagwajinini speak the Anishinaabeg language? I don't know. Theory: This particular one did due to a long time of communication with that particular village. Does the one I see speak? He's never spoke to me.)

3. Bagwajinini is capable of human feelings such as anger, the feeling of rejection, human urges to retaliate or get revenge.

4. Bagwajinini has the capacity to move far faster than we do.

5. Bagwajinini enjoys company.

6. Bagwajinini watched the changes in the behavior of the Anishinaabeg people and didn't like it.

7. Bagwajinini does things to make sure that people remember him, long for him, want him. Takes something from people and they long to get it back from him. (piece of mind, baby, etc.)

8. Bagwajinini was treated as both spirit and being by the Anishinaabeg.

That's about it so far. I'm sure there is more and I'm not catching it.

Guest HairyGreek

You're correct Mr Grayjay moderator sir. There are several different levels of lessons. I remember the story like it was told yesterday because it caught my attention to the point of obsession. I've been thinking about that story since I heard it. Some of the things I've come up with through the story:

1. Bagwajinini is capable of logic.

2. Bagwajinini is capable of vocal communication and language. (Note: Do all Bagwajinini speak the Anishinaabeg language? I don't know. Theory: This particular one did due to a long time of communication with that particular village. Does the one I see speak? He's never spoke to me.)

3. Bagwajinini is capable of human feelings such as anger, the feeling of rejection, human urges to retaliate or get revenge.

4. Bagwajinini has the capacity to move far faster than we do.

5. Bagwajinini enjoys company.

6. Bagwajinini watched the changes in the behavior of the Anishinaabeg people and didn't like it.

7. Bagwajinini does things to make sure that people remember him, long for him, want him. Takes something from people and they long to get it back from him. (piece of mind, baby, etc.)

8. Bagwajinini was treated as both spirit and being by the Anishinaabeg.

That's about it so far. I'm sure there is more and I'm not catching it.

I thought it was about respecting the wild and the creatures that are in it as well as not forgetting the old ways. Of course, that is JMVHO. (Is that one of levels Greyjay or is my maturity level off-kilter still? :D )

Edited by HairyGreek

Once did a google image search of petroglyphs, was looking for European cave paintings, but mostly hit Native American rock carvings and paintings.

I was surprised that many, many had a footprint symbol, human or humanlike. We call him bigfoot and the footprint is a symbol of his kind to us today.

Do any of Native Americans/First nations people know if that symbol was related to bigfoot in their culture in the past? Say at least 70 (randomish) years ago, maybe?

I also add this St Clair County (Michigan?) NA link: My link

Edited by Kings Canyon

Being a Cherokee from the Oklahoma Band, I feel that many misconceptions are thrown out about the Cherokees there and the legends about Bigfoot. Tsalagi is from the Eastern Band of Cherokees, where the hundreds of years of legends and stories are steeped. The Oklahoma Band has only 150 years or so of history in Oklahoma, like many of the other tribes forcibly removed from their homes to Oklahoma. There the legends and stories associated with Bigfoot are not as steeped in tradition or in the hundreds of years. Most of the Cherokees of the Western (Oklahoma) Band, view the Bigfoot with a certain amount of fear. When I interview many of the witnesses, they are terrified of the Bigfoot, because as a society, the Western Band has become more modernized and left many of the cultural aspects of the Cherokees behind. Even with the current emphasis of the tribe to get more Cherokee Children to learn the language is failing, the culture has moved to a second seat with the younger generations. Even those Elders who still practice traditional tribal ceremonies and such, have begun dying off, with no one replacing their knowledge. It's more different in Oklahoma with the Native Americans and Bigfoot than many people really know.

What location was your tribe moved away from?

We lived in Oklahoma for 2&1/2 years in Edmond, then moved south to our present location.

I loved Oklahoma, and hated to leave there, but we are where we were supposed to be which does give me comfort.