Sylvanic Episode Of "finding Bigfoot"

Yeah Art, at the time it was more like he needed to divert attention from the place so he didn't have to take those who actually wanted to take him up on the Expedition offer.

Here's where he was initially busted for Shilling Comments on Ghosttheory just as he did on a few other sites. I saw some comments by different people that had a look of similarity and simply forwarded my suspicions to Javier who confirmed it.

http://www.ghosttheo...-mystery-solved

Then later here at BFF in another thread, AlbertaSasquatch confirmed they also had comments from different people with the same IP and that was shared here at BFF as well.

I am the same individual referenced at GT who is doing the digging (aka ME). There are other pages where stuff is exposed too, but will need to dig around. Here's another tho. http://www.ghosttheo...whats-the-story I began pulling stuff together over on that other b---- site before that, but they killed the expose' thread and exiled me for it so I just presented what I had to Javier and we proceeded from there. I'm also assuming its okay to link there since BFF bots often link there as well.

So why should we expect much hardball investigation from MM given he killed the early investigation?

As far as Standing being considered a Huckster, Shilling different identities on forums & blogs to promote oneself higher would surely qualify.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Guest HairyGreek

No as of right now I do not consider MM a huckster. But I will admit some of the things he has stated and done did have me shaking my head. But I also have to point out that I have personally have had little to do with him. He did a couple of years ago ask me to talk with some people on a Vancouver Island expediton which I declined because I have a problem with the idea of charging people money for what amounts to a camping trip. But thats just me. I know other people have accused him of being a huckster. Other people have said far worse than that. But from my limited experience with the man I have not personally seen evidence of this. I have seen gullibility, shortsighted,bad judgement, in my opinon. But I have also seen determination, drive, and a true desire to solve a mystery. His methods at times I don't agree with but at the same time Im sure he would think the samething about me and others. I don't know if his show plans to expose Standing or back him up. So how can one use the term "Pot calling the Kettle black", before we have seen it. If you are asking an opinon asuming that this going to be an exposer of Standing than in my opinon right now no. As I have said I have not seen evidence myself that MM is a Huckster.

Thomas Steenburg

P.S. My spell check is not working for some reason so I apologize in advance.

LOL! You need to download Firefox. As for your answer, thank you for taking the time to do so. It is much appreciated and it is nice to hear varying opinions on things. I can't even imagine that he would back Standing up with how their forum handles the Sylvanic topic, but you never know with him. MM had a link to Cryptomundo up for a while so stranger things have happened. I actually offered up the idea that this new face picture popping up is actually from the Erickson Project. We shall see I guess. Things keep on getting interesting.

Edited by HairyGreek

Thanks PT for the ghost-theory links- some good work on your part, and good reading...

underneath was a link to their new story- about Standing being involved with season 2 of Finding Bigfoot.

According to the guy who wrote it (Scott something or other), the Finding Bigfoot episode will concentrate on an area that the "Sylvanic Group" (new name?) is stating is populated by several bigfeet....

It is listed as the Banff/Kootenay area.... nothing more specific than that.

I got a chuckle as Standing was quoted as saying---> "Standing says he has — though he knows his belief in Bigfoot and the proof he produces from the Banff backwoods opens him to mockery, derision and the suggestion he should sober up.

But he accepts the skepticism, because he originally joined the Sylvanic team with the intent of disproving the ancient story of an ape-like creature hiding in the wilderness of North America."

umm no he didnt "join" the Sylvanic team.... he started the site and the stories from DAY ONE....

O boy, I guess we can all look forward to watching the episode when it airs, to see what kind of hi-jinks he leads them on. I would not put it past him to have some sort of elaborate hoax (people) in place to sell his authenticity- I just sincerely hope he get's nailed to the wall if in fact that's the case.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for it however...

Art

LOL, yeah I caught the joined statement too. Funny how that developed. Yet another series of leapfrogging will be seen as the story changes.

And so with that next image he has, that is supposed to have come from another researcher, Standing is essentially able to leapfrog again by capitalizing on someone else's work, someone who bought his story, thereby possibly legitimizing Standing with possible real footage? It is his MO from what I've seen.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Guest Fanofsquatch

I am soooo very tired of Todd Standing. The only thought I have about MM going to visit Standing is an attempt to clean up the Bigfoot scene and prop up his credibility in the bigfoot arena before the Erickson project hits. I think as the EP comes out and the anticipation of absolute final proof it will be about posturing for credibility and hitching yourself to the Erickson money train. With Standing out of the way that is one less "expert" for Moneymaker to compete with and one more interview he can get paid for.

Season 2 is going to be a trainwreck of epic proportions. More drama. More goosecams. More blurry thermals of a horse. Maybe they will have 2 antenna on their backpacks sticking out in front of them?

Thomas Steenburg- I am very encouraged to here that the recording of a BF that MM presented for your listening, sounded like a peacock One of the two audable encounters I had at Prairre Creek State Park, Ca. in 1961 sounded like a tremendously load peacock. A peacock, go figure, but that what it sounded like. I have listened to hundreds of recording of BF screams, howls, growls and all sorts of soundes but the volume and lung power from possible 75-100 yds. answered by two toungue pops was the start of my own personal interest in the whole BF subject. Man, would I ever like to hear that recording. ptangier

Guest jimmy simpson

I just thought of something horrible, if the Finding Bigfoot team ventures to this land of Sylvanic, and given the complete risk to ones life they would face there, we may never see another episode ever again. ohmy.gif

"Anyone taking you on an expedition like this that would guarantee your safety would be a liar. Therefore I will tell you outright: If you come on this expedition you are MOST CERTAINLY risking you life. Before I take any new team members on expedition, I will show them what happened to the last people that did not heed my warnings."

Oooooo, but they get to see what happened to the last group before them that did not listen. wink.gif

Vilnoori,

Actually in one of his discrete change of directions, he stated that he had to abandon Sylvanic because it had been compromised.

Compromised???? no kidding.... the half hour audio clip of standings that i bought says its was his original videographer that leaked the location.... and soon hunters were out there shooting at everything that had 2 legs.... thats was the dumbest thing i ever heard... apparantly there are a number of creatures in the compromised sylvanic area that walk on 2 feet.... and the hunters were mistaking all the other 2 legged creatures for big foot....i can see how that would happen.... :wacko:

News Flash- True legitimate active researchers do not hide info from other legitimate researchers. However hoaxers and hucksters do not like to divulge locations out of fear their games being exposed. It seems that the more the years go by the more the Sasquatch field is starting to resemble a asylum being taken over by the inmates.

Thomas Steenburg

Well said....

Guest Biggie

I have a problem with the idea of charging people money for what amounts to a camping trip. But thats just me.

I don't care for it either personally since the high fees prevent a lot of good people from going but I can understand why though after he explained on his site that they need high fees to raise enough money to continue their expensive research and the high fees keep out the types of people that could make everyone's time there unpleasant and not as productive.

Beside how heavy handed they run their forum the main problem I have with them is not being allowed to carry protection with you. If I'm in the woods I'm going to have protection from potential animal and human attacks since it's always better to be safe than sorry. To be fair I don't know of anyone who has ever been attacked on their expeditions but when it's my life potentially on the line in the woods then I'm carrying protection.

I don't know if his show plans to expose Standing or back him up.

I would guess neither judging from his aggravation expressed on his forum that the production company cuts out so much good footage that could have been included. I suspect that would make him want to stay out of that subject and stick only to vital details of their own investigation so more info about that can be included on the show.

As for his temper mentioned elsewhere in this thread he did say on his forum about that one episode where he got ugly that they had been filming for 15hrs that day which had them all exhausted then he was mad at that man he chased up the hill for intruding on their investigation so he was understandably short with them when they gave him grief about doing that. I don't hold that against him even though it was ugly to watch because I have lost my temper and been ugly many times under exhaustion too especially when I was already mad about something else.

According to the BFRO website today:

Here is the statement from the Finding Bigfoot crew:

The wildly overblown, self-serving assertions made by Todd Standing in those Canadian newspaper articles are quite misleading. We interviewed Todd Standing, as one of several witnesses in Alberta. He used the opportunity to drum up publicity for himself in Calgary papers. That's what he's all about -- he's a publicity hound. We interviewed him and basically debunked him on camera. His tales were full of contradictions and couldn't stand up to our questioning.

Usually the four investigators are not unanimous when some of us feel a witness is not credible. In Todd's case we all came away feeling that he is not credible, and we said so afterwards.

BFF Patron

Thanks for that statement by the Finding Bigfoot crew HM. Hopefully the show will do an in-depth post-mortem about how the hoaxer's hoax.

I'm wondering how the DNA samples were submitted? As an independent by Standing or as part of a group bigger than the Sylvanic Group?