• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 Shelly

Shelly

Bukwas

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

I can understand that the production issues for a TV show and the schedules of the people involved may preclude doing things one way or another. My comments were really rather general in that regard. Monsterquest was the same. They checked out one place for a few days. Destination Truth does the same thing. I suppose it would be less interesting or dramatic for a TV show but instead of spending 3 days at 10 locations for a season, I'd spend 30 days at one location.

Still, its an interesting show. I notice that this season (at least from a couple of episodes) they seem to be slightly more skeptical about every little thing they find (at least they appear that way on camera).

#82 Biggest

Biggest

Booger

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

The show is unwatchable, its so childish and nonsensical. Hate to say it, but it is.

Edited by Biggest, 17 January 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#83 KentuckyApeman

KentuckyApeman

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

The show is unwatchable, its so childish and nonsensical. Hate to say it, but it is.

That's because you have most likely been a BF follower for a while, and are up to date with all the details. The average yahoo knows very little, therefore such a program can be both entertaining and enlightening.
My complaints are that Moneymaker see's a BF behind every tree("there's something on the hill"), and on the other side of that, their resident skeptic Renae dismisses everything outright. :huh:
Her arguement on the Oregon river footage was that the object in the film was a similar size as Bobo on the recreation they did. So we are to assume all BF's are born 7 ft. tall @ 500 lbs? There are no juvenile sized BF's?

Edited by KentuckyApeman, 17 January 2012 - 12:10 PM.

"The creeks. He always travels the creeks."

#84 Biggest

Biggest

Booger

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

True.

I think the casual Animal Planet watcher may well see the show as exciting and entertaining. Its in its second season, so while some of the bigfoot followers may find the show a bit (ahem) unwatchable, they are apparently finding and audience somewhere.

I can't slam these guys for being on nationwide TV doing something they love........no matter what an armchair critic like myself thinks.

So more power to em.

I do think, however, it would have more appeal to EVERYone in their target audience if they were to be a big more discerning about what they see and hear while out in the woods and talking to supposed eye witnesses.

#85 bipedalist

bipedalist

Sasquatch

• Researcher 1
  • 12,048 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Toddster's turn is next..........goodie, goodie!Posted Image

Guess he was on-deck, batter up next week!

#86 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Wow, I LOVE this show!

Finding Bigfoot is one of the most entertaining things on TV for me, these days. I love cryptozoology shows, MonsterQuest was great while it was on. But this show is just pure hilarity! It is so bad that it's good. Funny, outrageous, and in my eyes, pretty obviously staged! I look forward to laughing every week at the (often clown-like) cast and their antics.

Cliff seems like a nice guy, he's from Oregon as am I. So that's cool. I like all of the "characters" on the show because they truly say some ridiculous things each new episode. I find myself wondering how much crazier they can sound each week. It's great. Matt Moneymaker and Bobo are the worst - for similar reasons. Matt has been searching for "squatches" (which is such a funny word when they say it) for 25 years??? Long time...

I really hope he's not being serious with the claims he makes on the show. The deer carcass was one of the prime examples of his desperation to prove that ANYTHING must be a "sign" that Sasquatch has been in the area. The comedy is perfect in this show, somehow it works! Bobo is equally as silly with comments like; "Squatches like women better than men, because they're less threatening." Okaaay, right. It just cracks me up how these two especially will say crazy things and act like they are facts. That, and how every little bump in the night or wolf howl MUST be a Bigfoot. Also, how nearly every witness interview is credible to them. (They often seem too trusting, in an effort to prove their point...I mean, people can and do lie. Especially if it gets them on TV)!

Ranae seems (to me), like the only person with common sense. She's by far the most quiet cast member. I think Animal Planet gives the others more talking time, because the things they say are purely for entertainment value, while Ranae is more logical and actually thinks before she makes a claim. FB wouldn't be nearly as fun a show to watch if it was more serious. The comedic element is what makes it so unique for a show of this kind. I know it's silly, and ridiculous, but I find myself addicted!
Become a Premium Member of the Bigfoot Forums! I did and have NOT regretted it. It's cheap at only $20 for a year's worth of extras! My favorite part is being able to post freely where censorship is out of the question, in "The Tar Pit."

#87 Biggest

Biggest

Booger

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

It just cracks me up how these two especially will say crazy things and act like they are facts. That, and how every little bump in the night or wolf howl MUST be a Bigfoot. Also, how nearly every witness interview is credible to them.

*Bobo* saying that *squatches* (I cringe everytime I hear that word, even now) are reported to get submerged in a lake and then slowly come up underneath ducks and pull them under for food.

Much like those attracted to WWE *rastlin"*. You know what it is ahead of time, and just take it for what its worth. Entertaining meant to be serious but it comes off in a comedic way. And as you watch it, there may be the occassional interesting tidbit here and there.

And with all the nonsensical *that's a bigfoot up on the ridge/that must be a pile of squatch scat* stuff they say, I find a hard to endure an entire episode. But I am trying.

It is what it is.

Edited by Biggie, 18 January 2012 - 06:49 PM.
Removed implied profanity/replaced with the word "scat".

#88 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

Bobo* saying that *squatches* (I cringe everytime I hear that word, even now) are reported to get submerged in a lake and then slowly come up underneath ducks and pull them under for food.

I know, right? Instead of cringing, I laugh out loud whenever Bobo (or anyone from the cast) says 'squatch. I never knew before this show that Sasquatch had such lazy slang terms. Though, they are pretty hilarious after being said so many times! :lol: And the duck thing is just something he PFHRE = pulled from his rear end.

And with all the nonsensical *that's a bigfoot up on the ridge/that must be a pile of squatch scat* stuff they say, I find a hard to endure an entire episode. But I am trying.

If you don't enjoy it now, you probably never will. Because I don't think it (or the cast) are ever going to change. The show was popular enough to get a second season. Some of us love the dumb humor, others think; "why bother?" because they're not very serious at all in their "studies" if you can call it that. I kind of think they all know how they look to people, and just play up the humor for a higher paycheck.
Become a Premium Member of the Bigfoot Forums! I did and have NOT regretted it. It's cheap at only $20 for a year's worth of extras! My favorite part is being able to post freely where censorship is out of the question, in "The Tar Pit."

#89 billgreen2010

billgreen2010

Sasquatch

• Inactive
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

last nite finding bigfoot segment was humerous YADA interesting great i give it A+++ :)

#90 Shelly

Shelly

Bukwas

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

I actually fell asleep during last nite's show (the one in Canada). I bet I missed them actually finding BF. Dang. :mad:

#91 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Did you catch the repeat today at noon, Shelly? I missed it again! :angry:

#92 Obsi

Obsi

Booger

• Inactive
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

Last night i found out to my surprise that Finding Bigfoot also airs in Germany on DMAX. I looked it up and found out that it airs since one month here. I didn'd catch it before because it's very late at night. German title is"Auf Bigfoots Spuren".
http://www.dmax.de/t...s_id=GER5442866

#93 poignant

poignant

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

This show had some compelling thermal video (from Matt in S1E3) and Delta car during the caravan drive through. Funny that so little time was spent on intelligent analysis.

I absolutely hate their calling and hollering - who knows what gibberish they're saying in BF lingo; if you ask me, BF probably know the unique call signature of their own kin. Knocking would be a better alternative.

As someone already mentioned, a Survivorman type (Les is an amazing fella) stay out would probably be more effective. Ample batteries, FLIR, decoys (like what Mike Greene did). Speaking of which, I was disappointed that they did not show the part of the Mike Greene vid where the BF is standing upright, shortly after taking the candy bar.

Ranae is the foil/heel in the show. Her logic is holier than swiss cheese (elk tracks double stepped on bears tracks?! Really?! Precisely and consistently so for 100+ feet?!). Ah well this is TV.

Cliff is my favorite character as he comes across as level headed and looks respectable. He does however shoot himself in the foot and take a cred nose dive in those whimsical (but informative) post-episode commentary/interviews with his friend (Flipy?)

Matt is the guy you need to cut down hedges and slice through red tape. He does come off too strong, but what do you know, we sometimes need the lawyer moneymaking (pun intended) types to make things happen.

Bobo is hilarious and frank. His appearance and credentials however don't really add positively to the show.

I just get the sense that mainstream science and the propaganda machine is trying to keep the whole sasquatch issue on the realm of quackery. This tells me that someone has something to hide, and would benefit from not letting the metaphoric bipedal cat out of the metaphoric bag.

That being said, bring on Season 3!

Edited by poignant, 10 April 2012 - 11:41 PM.

The Poignant Pongid
To each account lacking corroborative, recorded evidence, my response shall remain politely and emphatically the same: "Cool story."

"Bickerfoot"

#94 thermalman

thermalman

Skunk Ape

• Steering Committee
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

Example: 'If it were a human on the thermal, then it would not be so white because of the clothing they would be wearing' or 'its too big to be human' only to find that the clothes wearing Bobo on the thermal was even whiter than the alleged Sasquatch and most always bigger as well.

That is not necessarily true. What you see on the thermal cam TOTALLY depends on the settings on the thermal cam and how experienced the handler is. Accurate interpretation is essential in the thermal industry. One needs lots of error$ and omi$$ion$ in$urance.....trust me, I know. Maybe I come across as thermally anal, but I'm just stating the facts as I know them.

Edited by thermalman, 12 May 2012 - 10:48 AM.

To thermally go where no man has gone before!

#95 JohnC

JohnC

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I just watched Finding Bigfoot for the first time last night. It really sucked, I do think it is bad for the reputation of the whole Bigfoot scene. Although I could be wrong, I just think it would be difficult to manufacture a chance encounter with the whole crew,Bigfoot would know they are there long before any sighting.

You know what would have me staring at the screen, probably trance like? Some well placed Bigfoot cams, like at places where you compromise convenience and probability, one of these houses deep in the woods,or on the edge of the woods that reports activity. Erickson should go live.

"There is nothing in cryptology that violates any established laws,laws of physics,or laws of nature,what it violates are some peoples sensibilities, so its really,that's more of a social problem rather than a scientific problem." Dr.J.Richard Greenwell

Show me the monkey suit!-me

#96 bipedalist

bipedalist

Sasquatch

• Researcher 1
  • 12,048 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

That is not necessarily true. What you see on the thermal cam TOTALLY depends on the settings on the thermal cam and how experienced the handler is. Accurate interpretation is essential in the thermal industry. One needs lots of error$ and omi$$ion$ in$urance.....trust me, I know. Maybe I come across as thermally anal, but I'm just stating the facts as I know them.

Excuse me thermalman, maybe I missed this in your intro. but what exactly are your qualifications in thermography and thermal imagery interpretation and analysis again?

#97 BFSleuth

BFSleuth

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

From thermalman's profile:

Certified paving stone installer.
Certified Level I Thermographer.
Certified Level I Thermal Building Diagnostics.

#98 PsyShroom

PsyShroom

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

My complaints are that Moneymaker see's a BF behind every tree("there's something on the hill"), and on the other side of that, their resident skeptic Renae dismisses everything outright.

My biggest problem with the show is that Ranae is the only objective person there. Sure, maybe the others have experience with Sasquatch, but it shouldn't taint skepticism.

I've seen the damn thing twice, up close, in daylight, and even today I am highly skeptical. I could have sworn I saw something running on two legs across a meadow when I was out hunting bear, but, I didn't get a good look at it. Was probably a deer. Every time I hunt, I am watching for more than deer, elk, or bear. I've heard vocalizations, and even though the romantic part of me wants to "believe there's a squatch in these woods," I just can't, because I haven't positively identified what I have heard.

MM, on his show, has taken blobsquatch images and broken deer bones and labelled them "squatch", and that just bugs me. Some of the things he has said on the show makes him sound like he believes he is the preeminent expert on all things squatch, and he is not. He hasn't obtained one single piece of hard evidence, same as the rest of us.

Am I jealous of the BFRO? No. It serves as an important database int he field and something I often refer to. Tonight I saw the "first thermal image of a squatch" as listed on BFRO, and I'm stupefied as to how anyone can call it squatch with such certainty.

IMHO, MM and the BFRO need to be more objective.

I really can't watch Finding Bigfoot because of his lack of objectivity annoys me.

What you see on the thermal cam TOTALLY depends on the settings on the thermal cam and how experienced the handler is. Accurate interpretation is essential in the thermal industry.

My experience with thermal imagery comes from the military and countless hours of guard posting in jungle locations where i learned how to adjust fo background thermal "noise" in order to pick out clear human body images from the clutter.

This reminded me of the FB episode where they used a thermal imager and didnt adjust it to the environment, so even though there might have been a squatch in those woods, it appears that either the imager was cheap, or nobody on the production team knew how to fine tune it to pick out anything 90F+ degrees from the much cooler plant life.

Edited by PsyShroom, 14 May 2012 - 12:00 AM.

" Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology." Friedrich Nietzche

#99 wudewasa

wudewasa

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Here is one of the highlights from Season 2!

#100 Kerry

Kerry

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

It is a great show and has always been entertaining. I don't see any doing better unless they have one that actually finds one. Now that would be the best but for some reason that's not happening.

Very clever of Biggie not messing with our food source.