Finding Bigfoot And Other Reality Shows

Spader

This is a comment I put in a different post of which fits here as well.. With the launch of the second season of Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet, I wonder if other channels, i.e. Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, etc, be willing to take a shot at competing with Animal Planet on their own version like shows/series? If so, I wonder whom would be the researchers and/or scientist potentially chosen to host the show. Even further, what would they (competing channels) do differently to draw viewers and advertisers to their version of Finding Bigfoot??? I'm betting the other channels are looking very closely at the ratings/progress Finding Bigfoot is having, thus coming up with their own pilot version. Looking back at how each time Monster Quest came out with a Bigfoot related episode, their rating went thru the roof.

To slake thine thirst of revelry, I bestow unto thee...

Roamin' roamin' roamin', keep those torches glowin'. Keep those squatches moanin' all night!

Through muskeg swamps and redwoods, palmetto scrub and hardwoods, wishing for a thermal on my side,

For I'm forever squatchin', the viewers always watchin', waiting for the evidence I'll provide...

Thermals on! Cameras out! Cameras out! Thermals on! Zagnuts unwrapped ALL NIGHT!

That was simply beautiful....

Now I need to go find my behind...it shook off somewhere about the 2nd line...

:-)

Tim

Hey. Entertainment value aside. They are giving it a "go".

Unlike Monster Quest...they are using the same searchers, consistently using high tech tools and seem to be building on past experiences.

Of course they haven't "Found Bigfoot" yet....Who has?

Give 'em some time.

I still enjoy watch'n the show.

Edited by slabdog
requested to do so.

BFF Patron

To slake thine thirst of revelry, I bestow unto thee...

Roamin' roamin' roamin', keep those torches glowin'. Keep those squatches moanin' all night!

Through muskeg swamps and redwoods, palmetto scrub and hardwoods, wishing for a thermal on my side,

For I'm forever squatchin', the viewers always watchin', waiting for the evidence I'll provide...

Thermals on! Cameras out! Cameras out! Thermals on! Zagnuts unwrapped ALL NIGHT!

OK, who's going to be the first to put it to .mp3 with a few guitar licks and upload to box.net and link to it so we can have a listen? I can't stop humming it..... tongue.gif

Give 'em some time.

I would wager that Animal Planet will not afford them much more time. It really is the same silliness episode after episode, which can be quite entertaining at times- which is the primary goal of the show. So, in that sense, it has been a successful run.

if the rating are good.....they will give 'em all the time they need. ^_^

Ghost Hunters has been on air since 2004.....and they ain't got no ghost in a cage yet!

post-395-020225900 1326466337_thumb.jpg

Guest wudewasa

Unlike Monster Quest...they are using the same searchers, consistently using high tech tools and seem to be building on past experiences.

Baseball bats, a wooden clapper, a semi organized mob of people, zagnut bars, torches, yelling etc are not high tech tools. I don't see them building on past experiences, but rather repeating the same pattern that results in the same ending. Yes, they are getting out in the field, but for all of their searching, they aren't finding bigfoot. Couple these issues with a production that focuses on entertainment, or as DDA said "docucomedy," and you get a show with high ratings.

Remember the Croc Hunter, Steve Irwin? More people watched him bother animals, getting bitten, scratched and defecated on than to actually learn about wildlife. He started and a nature enthusiast, and ended up a joke to many.

BFF Patron

Well if they can the corny BF monstery call in between breaks, and place a couple definitive whoops, roars and clarion ringing howls up instead,,,,,,,it would go a skosh ways towards instilling some cred. among the faithful anyway.......not asking for much really.

Then they can play trap the Sasquatch with the best of them and carry on.

Touche'! :lol:

I was referring to the night vision.....but you nailed me good!

:mad:

:lol:

(You forgot to add Bun Bun and Boon Boon to the list of elaborate tools)

if the rating are good.....they will give 'em all the time they need. ^_^

You are correct in saying that! :D

I mean, I really do like the guys (and gal)... and respect their enthusiasm for the subject matter. But, the show needs to evolve.

BFF Patron

Roger that! huh.gif

I agree.

Y'know....maybe if they focused on trying to find tracks for a couple shows (maybe they will). Saturate some region where tracks would be highly probable such as creeks, river sides, remote beaches.

Heck...they could even pay some folks to search for "tracks" and then have the team swoop in to "find it".

The Georgia track find (real or not) was kinda cool because it was tangible "evidence".

Hit the salmon run.

Jump in with the folks at the Falcon project.

Mix it up a tad.

hoots and knocks only have so much entertainment value.

I agree.

Y'know....maybe if they focused on trying to find tracks for a couple shows (maybe they will). Saturate some region where tracks would be highly probable such as creeks, river sides, remote beaches.

Heck...they could even pay some folks to search for "tracks" and then have the team swoop in to "find it".

The Georgia track find (real or not) was kinda cool because it was tangible "evidence".

Hit the salmon run.

Jump in with the folks at the Falcon project.

Mix it up a tad.

hoots and knocks only have so much entertainment value.

If I was the show's producer, I would mix it up and bring on board guests such as Dr. Meldrum or Dr. Bindernagel to offer outside advice and opinions. Heck, I'd even toss our Russian friend, Igor, a bone for some continued entertainment value.

But most importantly, I would produce an entire season based upon one particular Bigfoot hot spot- wherever that spot may be. That would certainly increase the chances of, "Finding Bigfoot."

Guest wudewasa

Then they could change the name of the show to "On the TRACK of Bigfoot."

Tracks won't cut it. Regarding the track on the Rhode Island episode- too much disagreement led to the analysis of the evidence to be inconclusive. A thermal image, or even better clear video would be VERY interesting. Sounds and tracks don't prove that an area is "squatchy as hell."

Edited to say to Rod, there have been several respected members of the bigfoot community approached by the production company to involve themselves with the program. Whether Meldrum and others have been propositioned, I don't know. The general consensus of the folks I've talked to is that they want to stay away from the circus that the show has become.

Edited by wudewasa