• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 DevouredbyVermn

DevouredbyVermn

Booger

• Readers
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Sorry for the delay in posting again. Yes, I did get out to Leominster. This first trip was just some initial recon more than anything else. I like to see the lay of the land.
I've been to Quabbin a couple of times and there is a marked difference between this res and that one. Quabbin is more of a touristy area with roads, bathrooms and things to actually see.
The No Town Res is just a res out in the woods. It's a pretty large area and can be hard to get into without crashing thru the brush and letting everything in the area know that you are there.
I found a good spot to get into the res and I'll be going back for some follow up.
If anyone has any info on the folks who casted the track I'd be appreciative if you could pass that along. I dont think that the report has been physically investigated so I'd like some first-hand information.
Like I posted above, the area is pretty big, so I could fumble around and never find where the track was cast. I'd love to get in contact with the people that found it and have them show me where it came from.
Something did peak my interest while being out there. There are utility corridors that run right near the res, and if they do in fact use these man-made routes for travel, they could be wandering thru the area.
Blobsquatch - Any anomalous,vaguely humanoid shape in a photograph that could be mistaken for the as yet undiscovered North American primate Sasquatch.

#22 DevouredbyVermn

DevouredbyVermn

Booger

• Readers
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

Just for giggles and beer I thought I'd throw this out there. There seems to be some interest in the Sasquatch phenomena here on this thread as it pertains to Massachusetts. What about starting up a group to focus on Massachusetts sightings and encounters?
By working together we could maybe get more things done.
Thoughts? Ideas?
How does the name MassQuatch grab ya?

Edited by DevouredbyVermn, 30 November 2010 - 02:28 PM.

Blobsquatch - Any anomalous,vaguely humanoid shape in a photograph that could be mistaken for the as yet undiscovered North American primate Sasquatch.

#23 Bigfoot Proof

Bigfoot Proof

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

I would be interested in going back out there with you. I'm not far. I will PM you.

MassSquatch grabs me.
Timid Forest Dwellers

#24 MABigfoot

MABigfoot

Booger

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

That's a great name. DVB, maybe the BFRO could put you in touch with them? Not sure if they would share that info, but perhaps they could give your contact info the witnesses.

#25 DevouredbyVermn

DevouredbyVermn

Booger

• Readers
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

Well, I did try (and I've tried in the past) to get some more info from the BFRO, but I guess they just don't share information. I mentioned giving them full credit for the information and any subsequent evidence(?) that might come from the report area, still nothing.
To me, I can't see the point in posting a report where it seems that the only follow up that's been done is a phone call. From what I understand, the closest researcher they have to Massachusetts is in Maine. Perhaps they have the intention of actually physically following up, I dont know.

#26 MABigfoot

MABigfoot

Booger

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:29 AM

That's too bad, you'd think as a supposed "research" group, they would be happy to share info that would get more feet and eyes in the field as long as they didn't give out confidential info. They obviously have only their own self-interest in mind.

#27 DevouredbyVermn

DevouredbyVermn

Booger

• Readers
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:38 AM

I'm not going to bash the BFRO, that's already been done to death. Basically they keep everything pretty close to the vest. I've contacted them before about information and have never gotten a reply. It seems that unless you are associated with them, they aren't willing to work with you and that's fine. I've experienced that same thing with other people and groups.
It almost seems like some folks are afraid that if they share information and something were to come of it, they'd somehow be losing out.
It would be like having a map to a gold mine. You've been out digging a bunch of times and haven't found anything. Even though you've had no luck, you still aren't wiling to share that map, just in case.
But, like I put in my previous post, whats the point of having information if you dont plan on using it?
Is what it is I guess.

#28 jnyav8r

jnyav8r

Booger

• Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Was there any follow-up on the sighting near the RI border? I live near Purgatory Chasam in Whitinsville and have hunted all over the Uxbridge/Douglas/Sutton area without seeing anything(and trust me I'm looking!!)in the way of Sasquatch activity. If anybody wants some company walking through the woods drop me a line.

#29 MABigfoot

MABigfoot

Booger

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Was there any follow-up on the sighting near the RI border? I live near Purgatory Chasam in Whitinsville and have hunted all over the Uxbridge/Douglas/Sutton area without seeing anything(and trust me I'm looking!!)in the way of Sasquatch activity. If anybody wants some company walking through the woods drop me a line.

Hi - No follow-up that I know of.

#30 Bigfoot Proof

Bigfoot Proof

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

Finally, I am going to be in this exact area again on business on February 14th and 16th and will make it a point to stop in the barracks. I have a working business related rapport with all departments, so there shouldn't be any problem getting to the bottom of it and retrieving a report copy. Will post it.

On another note: the weather should be breaking soon and we need to get out to Leominster state forest to do some pre-surveillance work. This is a travel path, I would bet a months pay on it. When I return later today I will post some new info on the mass travels path and location of this encounter.

We would need to pair off in 2's so we are not seen as a hunting party!!!
Timid Forest Dwellers

#31 MABigfoot

MABigfoot

Booger

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

Finally, I am going to be in this exact area again on business on February 14th and 16th and will make it a point to stop in the barracks. I have a working business related rapport with all departments, so there shouldn't be any problem getting to the bottom of it and retrieving a report copy. Will post it.

On another note: the weather should be breaking soon and we need to get out to Leominster state forest to do some pre-surveillance work. This is a travel path, I would bet a months pay on it. When I return later today I will post some new info on the mass travels path and location of this encounter.

We would need to pair off in 2's so we are not seen as a hunting party!!!

I look forward to hearing what the Staties say, hopefully something interesting!

#32 Bigfoot Proof

Bigfoot Proof

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Well this is what I have, which makes me wonder: According to 911 records there were 2 calls describing the same subject, one as the posted report states (northbound at about mile maker 8).... called in at 10:48 p.m., on the 14th and a call reported 18 minutes prior, from a traveler in the south bound lane, who was about .5 miles further north of the second caller caller, this certainly makes sense and lines up with caller 1 at 10:30 p.m. from the SB lane and then caller 2 at 10:48 p.m. from the NB lane. [this tells me the subject walking north to south, then when caller 2 was traveling north saw the subject attempt to cross the northbound lane to continue east onto the power line line path]

There may have been another report, unknown to State PD but dependent upon where a person is along RT 140 or any area for that fact, when a call is made to 911, it intelligently knows which PD to direct the emergency call to. So, in theory if there was a third report it could have been directed to New Bedford PD or another town PD depending on where the caller was when they called? Of course we have no proof there even was a third call.

There we no calls or arrest for any humans in this area according to barracks D.

Now this tells me its very odd this 'trooper friend' told the reporter that teens were located in the 'general area' and arrested, since according to PD there were none.

If the trooper he spoke with had NOT been on scene I'd think, well, his superiors just told him that was the cause, and he foolishly believed them, relaying a BS story.... BUT this trooper says he was ON SCENE and investigated, found teens, then arrested them... is that correct? That looks me like he either purposely lied or may not have been paying close attention to what the report caller was really saying such as time frame and even the location, troopers mind could have been on a RT 24 location?

I covered July 14th 2009 at night, from 6:00 p.m., into the early morning hours of 6:00 a.m. on July 15th 2009.

Then I headed to the New Bedford PD and then the Lakeville PD... nothing, so that's as far as I go with this.
+++

I also want to mention, my BF travel theory is complete FAIL, I now believe they don't travel like I had thought.

Edited by Bigfoot Proof, 17 February 2011 - 06:57 PM.

Timid Forest Dwellers

#33 MABigfoot

MABigfoot

Booger

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Well this is what I have, which makes me wonder: According to 911 records there were 2 calls describing the same subject, one as the posted report states (northbound at about mile maker 8).... called in at 10:48 p.m., on the 14th and a call reported 18 minutes prior, from a traveler in the south bound lane, who was about .5 miles further north of the second caller caller, this certainly makes sense and lines up with caller 1 at 10:30 p.m. from the SB lane and then caller 2 at 10:48 p.m. from the NB lane. [this tells me the subject walking north to south, then when caller 2 was traveling north saw the subject attempt to cross the northbound lane to continue east onto the power line line path]

There may have been another report, unknown to State PD but dependent upon where a person is along RT 140 or any area for that fact, when a call is made to 911, it intelligently knows which PD to direct the emergency call to. So, in theory if there was a third report it could have been directed to New Bedford PD or another town PD depending on where the caller was when they called? Of course we have no proof there even was a third call.

There we no calls or arrest for any humans in this area according to barracks D.

Now this tells me its very odd this 'trooper friend' told the reporter that teens were located in the 'general area' and arrested, since according to PD there were none.

If the trooper he spoke with had NOT been on scene I'd think, well, his superiors just told him that was the cause, and he foolishly believed them, relaying a BS story.... BUT this trooper says he was ON SCENE and investigated, found teens, then arrested them... is that correct? That looks me like he either purposely lied or may not have been paying close attention to what the report caller was really saying such as time frame and even the location, troopers mind could have been on a RT 24 location?

I covered July 14th 2009 at night, from 6:00 p.m., into the early morning hours of 6:00 a.m. on July 15th 2009.

Then I headed to the New Bedford PD and then the Lakeville PD... nothing, so that's as far as I go with this.
+++

I also want to mention, my BF travel theory is complete FAIL, I now believe they don't travel like I had thought.

Thanks for the follow up with the SP, it sure sounds like BS that kids were responsible and arrested, the SP probably doesn't want to be involved with something like BF so they made up a story to dismiss the incident and squash any further interest.

Why do you think your theory is wrong?

Edited by MABigfoot, 21 February 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#34 Bigfoot Proof

Bigfoot Proof

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

I do think they have a good size roaming range (maybe up to 100 miles) but I no longer think they travel long distance because it's simply too risky. If we think back in time to the so called 'cave man', how far out of their comfort zone do you think they traveled? They certainly didn't have the luxuries we have today.

Traveling hundreds of years or a thousand years ago meant fending off predators at every turn in areas that were very unfamiliar to them, the risk was too high, it meant death. Our giants are too smart for that, and they know every inch, every tree and every blade of grass in their territory.

This is not to say some brave ones don't travel farther than others but I think on the 'mean' whole average, they don't.

So I believe we have active clans right here, Berkshires, Leominster, Lakeville and many other locations :)
Timid Forest Dwellers

#35 MABigfoot

MABigfoot

Booger

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:05 AM

I do think they have a good size roaming range (maybe up to 100 miles) but I no longer think they travel long distance because it's simply too risky. If we think back in time to the so called 'cave man', how far out of their comfort zone do you think they traveled? They certainly didn't have the luxuries we have today.

Traveling hundreds of years or a thousand years ago meant fending off predators at every turn in areas that were very unfamiliar to them, the risk was too high, it meant death. Our giants are too smart for that, and they know every inch, every tree and every blade of grass in their territory.

This is not to say some brave ones don't travel farther than others but I think on the 'mean' whole average, they don't.

So I believe we have active clans right here, Berkshires, Leominster, Lakeville and many other locations :)

Could be that BF in the Northeast don't need to migrate as you said it's too risky, and for the fact that a BF in the Berkshires or VT isn't going to gain much by travelling to RI in terms of food or better weather. It does makes sense, however that BF in the high country out west migrate to lower levels in winter to follow their food supply.

#36 Bigfoot Proof

Bigfoot Proof

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:16 AM

Yes true but how far is travel from high elevations to lower ones for their needs? Not that far, if you think about it really. :)

Edited by Bigfoot Proof, 26 February 2011 - 06:17 AM.

Timid Forest Dwellers

#37 Bigfoot Proof

Bigfoot Proof

Wildman

• Inactive
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

I'm now back to thinking they may travel after depleting immediate resources but how far I don't know. Such a mystery?

For RI Purgatory area... That area is not far off the beaten lower MA sighting areas.

There is The Connecticut River Watershed which is the largest river ecosystem in New England, encompassing approximately 11,000 square miles and spanning over four New England states, including Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut.

http://www.mass.gov/...icut&csid=Eoeea

And the Quabbin area is viable http://www.mass.gov/...ome.htm#Quabbin Reservoir Watershed
Timid Forest Dwellers

#38 jnyav8r

jnyav8r

Booger

• Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

Well deer season starts Oct 17 for bow so your going to have alot of peoplein the woods,and deer will be on the move. Ihaven's seen anything new or interesting in my neck of the woods but I did hear a story about a trail camera that was"ripped apart by something" in Douglas near the Conn border.The Douglas state forest is large and very desolate in some areas. Definately "Squatchy". If anyone wants company on a walk in the woods by all means give me a holler.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users