• This topic is locked This topic is locked
470 replies to this topic

#281 ShadowBorn

ShadowBorn

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Fine lets say it's that this is a hoax or story, but what if the creatures really do betray themselves like this.What if SB/Mike actually comes out with the true character of these creatures.Not saying everything he says is true but there is substance to this tale. Subtance I mean by the way these creature carry themselves around us humans.I have always read books after i have had my encounters and alot of things fit.But for science to work it has to be done over and over. So if the character in this book did actually try this then they should work again in theory. If people say they are having encounters and getting results then science should at least try it.In my opionion I see alot of truth in this book and maybe it is hoax but maybe it's not.It's a book to read and thats all it is.
"vini fortis, fortior est rex, et mulieres fortiores tamen, sed super omnia autem vincit veritas."
"wine is strong,the king is stronger,and women stronger yet,but truth conquers above all."

#282 notgiganto

notgiganto

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Krak - I have never really viewed Enoch as an exploration of truth as much as an exploration of the relationship between Mike and Enoch, and as an exploration by Autumn of her changing views on BF discovery. The ambivalence I was referring to has, for me, to do with various conundrums within BF research that I think were included in the book - things that I have yet to make up my mind on. Mainly the question of discovery and its effects on the creatures themselves, i.e., who really benefits, and does the "I told you so" of discovery and the protection it may offer weigh up well against the likely negative effects of recognition. Does that make my appraisal make more sense? Sometimes I have a terrible time putting these things into clear, concise words...In reading the book, and following Autumn's changing views (denouncing being a "researcher"), I discovered ambivalence of my own. Make sense? It inspired, for me, a good kind of self questioning.
....I had hoped for some truth in the Mike/Enoch relationship side of things, but....
I will certainly admit that I clung to a small hope that SB was not Mike, and that there was some shred of truth from a mysterious witness named Mike who was still out there. After Puff's explanation of his inside knowledge and relationship with the author, I am forced in many ways to change how I view the book.
I may believe in the possibility of the existence of relict populations of undiscovered hominoid creatures, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck...

I don't think that what 'bigfootery' is searching for is Gigantopithecus, or even a descendant thereof...but I reserve the right to be wrong :)

#283 cowgirl

cowgirl

Booger

• Inactive
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

We were driving through Florida on our way to Disney World and stopped at a roadside fruit stand just north of Orlando.

While looking around I found a book about the Florida Skunk Ape written by a man named John Ashley.

I opened it and read a little and it is the same as the Enoch book almost word for word but there has been some changes,

Autumn Williams is nowhere in this book, this book is all about Enoch and Mike and there is a lot more stories in this one.

It has pictures of his camp, the swamp, the big log they sit on, the creek and river and much more.

It is a wonderful book a must read for anyone who was left wanting more from Enoch like I was.

The only picture of Enoch is one of his hand with Mikes on top of it to show how big it is, and it is clear and close up.

It is a hard cover book and really well done the cost is $27.00 and well worth it imo.

I thought I would share this great find with you and hope you will be able to find a copy for yourself.

Oh yes I almost forgot, the book is called LIVING WITH THE BIG MAN

I do not know who the author is or if Mike had anything to do with it, but I feel that he did from the way it reads.

#284 BFSleuth

BFSleuth

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

cowgirl, interesting update. I tried googling for the title of this book, but didn't find anything. It isn't on Amazon, and a broad search for the title on Google reveals nothing. You say it is almost word for word? I wonder if this is a self published copy with slight changes, hoping to cash in on the success of Enoch with possible copyright infringement?

#285 southernyahoo

southernyahoo

Skunk Ape

• Steering Committee
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

We were driving through Florida on our way to Disney World and stopped at a roadside fruit stand just north of Orlando.

While looking around I found a book about the Florida Skunk Ape written by a man named John Ashley.

I opened it and read a little and it is the same as the Enoch book almost word for word but there has been some changes,

Autumn Williams is nowhere in this book, this book is all about Enoch and Mike and there is a lot more stories in this one.

It has pictures of his camp, the swamp, the big log they sit on, the creek and river and much more.

It is a wonderful book a must read for anyone who was left wanting more from Enoch like I was.

The only picture of Enoch is one of his hand with Mikes on top of it to show how big it is, and it is clear and close up.

It is a hard cover book and really well done the cost is $27.00 and well worth it imo.

I thought I would share this great find with you and hope you will be able to find a copy for yourself.

Oh yes I almost forgot, the book is called LIVING WITH THE BIG MAN

I do not know who the author is or if Mike had anything to do with it, but I feel that he did from the way it reads.

Sure wish I could see the photos, maybe SB will show up to confirm it.
www.texlaresearch.com

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes."Nikola Tesla

Body + human DNA = Human

#286 cowgirl

cowgirl

Booger

• Inactive
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

The man at the fruit stand said you can not buy them in book stores or online. He said he calls a number to order the books and a man drops them off in a pickup truck.

He said he has sold from his stand almost 500 copies and can not keep them on the shelf they sell out fast according to him.

As far as copywrite infringement I am not sure, he took Enoch and told the rest of the story and told it a lot better IMO.

There was a lot more to the story than everyone thought, I always thought there was more but I had no idea how much more there was.

I came on here to talk to mike (swamp bandit) about Enoch now I hope he comes back to talk about this new book.

I do not know if Mike is the one who wrote this new book. I do not know how it could have been written without him with the pictures and all.

I only know what the man at the fruit stand told me and that was not much, he was very tight lipped about it.

#287 Kings Canyon

Kings Canyon

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Publisher? What was the name of the store? Where was it, anything else.
It was probably a bear. Or a coyote. Maybe a cougar.

#288 grayjay

grayjay

Yeti

• Banned
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I the book doesn't have an ISBN number at the least it should have the company that published in in the first few pages. Would be interested to find out about it.

#289 wudewasa

wudewasa

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

With all the interest in bigfoot by mainstream America due to "Finding Bigfoot," Autumn's story would make a wonderful movie. She could cash in on rights, selling her tale.

#290 BFSleuth

BFSleuth

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sounds more and more like the book reported by cowgirl is the work of a self publishing author. Hopefully it isn't "borrowing" sections of Enoch. I'd love to get a copy. Maybe we can find a way to bulk order for BFF members.

#291 Chris

Chris

Bukwas

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Maybe ... just maybe ... You just found the real "Mike".
Go for it. Ya got nuttin' ta lose but yer Zagnuts.

#292 BFSleuth

BFSleuth

Sasquatch

• Banned
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

I came on here to talk to mike (swamp bandit) about Enoch now I hope he comes back to talk about this new book.

That might be difficult, since swamp bandit was outed on this thread as a poser, pretending to be Mike.

#293 Guest_Jodie_*

Guest_Jodie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

Go to the Copyright Search Site for the US Govt., try searching by author, title, or keyword and see if you find anything.

#294 bipedalist

bipedalist

Sasquatch

• Researcher 1
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

Lindsay's got some down-time, stick him on the project, lol. I'm sure we will know more about the social, personality and psychosexual profile of the Skunk Ape in the shortest time imaginable..... and, that's before he finds and reads that book of course.

#295 Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Sasquatch

• Sésquac
  • 7,068 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

Was the book being offered in the "Fiction" section?
In his life, he spoke but rarely
In his mind he cried for light
Painting perceptions trying to capture
That which he saw in his questioning strife

#296 Guest_Jodie_*

Guest_Jodie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

Well I looked it up several ways, couldn't find a copyright for LIVING WITH THE BIGMAN, or anything for John Ashley. The only thing I found remotely relevant was a text called Enoch copyrighted by Alton Gansky done by a publishing company in Florida for 2008. For all I know that work could be about the biblical Enoch.

#297 RavenMadd

RavenMadd

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

thanks for all your info and views on the book ...I was gonna buy it and backed off ....
Nothing Leads To Nothing......RavenMadd

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance". Albert Einstein.

#298 summitwalker

summitwalker

Bukwas

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Fiction/Fantasy IMHO!

Edited by summitwalker, 14 April 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#299 indiefoot

indiefoot

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

http://en.wikipedia...._Ashley_(bandit)

Swamp Bandit, Hmmmmm

#300 scoobiestkn

scoobiestkn

Wildman

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

OOps

Edited by scoobiestkn, 14 April 2012 - 12:52 PM.