Bigfoot And Frogs

Guest BFSleuth

Guest TooRisky

well two girls find and dog the emotional and thin skinned males... and give a report on how they dislike frog legs, kudos to the sisterhood... problem is the subject was BF and the taste of sauteed frog was never the subject, now input on whole raw frog would be insightful...

Raw frog would be an excellent easy to catch meal for a bigfoot. Even if they just eat the meaty legs it would be low in saturated fat and a good source of thiamin, riboflavin, iron, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and like I previously said a very good source of protein and even selenium. They are high in cholesterol but that shouldn't bother a lean and healthy bigfoot.

Edited by Patty3

Give me the right frog or toad to lick and i am on it ~ :)

That's just wrong, RRS.

If things get that tough for you and you need a litlle "pick-me-up" just let me know.

Guest vilnoori

Bet one of these could munch down a bigfoot, if only a small one. If he could catch one.

http://www.imagegoss...ng-sheep-story/

The sticky fingers of frogs reminds me of something funny. As a kid in Africa we had a guest house on the mission made up of a group of mud huts. One of the huts was the bathroom, fitted up with a nice western style shower with pink curtains. We had little pink tree frogs that loved those plastic curtains and must have thought they were one big leaf. Every time we had a guest (especially a female one) we would hide behind the hut and wait for them to have a shower, when all 20 or so little pink frogs would jump at the same time on the unsuspecting naked person and pee on them in fright when they turned on the water. It still makes me laugh to remember the shrieks!

Edited by vilnoori
  • Upvote 1

well two girls find and dog the emotional and thin skinned males... and give a report on how they dislike frog legs, kudos to the sisterhood... problem is the subject was BF and the taste of sauteed frog was never the subject, now input on whole raw frog would be insightful...

Sorry TR :)

On the old BFF I posted some spreadsheets on micro- livestock with their listed nutritional amounts. Catipillars we're at the top of the list. Then there was a chart on seeds, with pine cones rating pretty high there.

You guys are starting to think beyond the glamor of the subject. That is good.

BFF Patron

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/study-sees-no-safe-place-left-for-amphibians-in-future-scientist-its-no-fun-being-a-frog/2011/11/16/gIQAz2siRN_story.html

Study sees no safe place left for amphibians in future; Scientist: ‘It’s no fun being a frog’

By Associated Press, Published: November 16

WASHINGTON — Frogs, salamanders and other amphibians may eventually have no safe haven left on the globe because of a triple threat of worsening scourges, a new study predicts.

Scientists have long known that amphibians are under attack from a killer fungus, climate change and shrinking habitat. In the study appearing online Wednesday in the journal Nature, computer models project that in about 70 years those three threats will spread, leaving no part of the world immune from one of the problems.

Frogs seem to have the most worrisome outlook, said study lead author Christian Hof of the Biodiversity and Climate Research Center in Frankfurt.

Meanwhile, federal scientists in the United States are meeting in St. Louis this week to monitor the situation and figure out how to reverse it.

Several important U.S. amphibian species — boreal toads in the Rocky Mountains and the mountain yellow legged frog in the Sierra Nevada Mountains — are shrinking in numbers, said zoologist Steve Corn, who is part of the U.S. Geological Survey’s Amphibian Research and Monitoring Initiative. The western U.S. has the problem worse than the East.

About one-third of the world’s amphibian species are known to be threatened with extinction, and 159 species already have disappeared, a 2008 international study found.

“It’s no fun being a frog,†said prominent biodiversity conservationist Stuart Pimm of Duke University, who wasn’t part of Hof’s study or the USGS effort. “They are getting it from all three different factors.â€

Hof’s study was the first to look at projections of the three threats by geography and see if they overlap. While they overlap some, it’s not nearly as much as expected. The wide distribution of threats leaves no refuge for amphibians.

The strongest threats seem to be where the most species of amphibians live, concentrating the potential loss of diversity, said Hof and Ross Alford, an amphibian expert at James Cook University in Australia, who wasn’t part of the research.

The biggest threats are seen, mostly from climate change, to frogs and other amphibians in tropical Africa, northern South American and the Andes Mountains, areas which Hof calls “climate losers.†In the northern Andes, which have the most number of frog species in the world, more than 160 frog species are at risk, he said.

Alford and other outside scientists said they thought Hof’s work might be overly pessimistic. But studying the geographic distribution of amphibian threats in the future is important, they said.

___

Online:

Nature: http://www.nature.com/nature

USGS amphibian research initiative: http://armi.usgs.gov

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© The Washington Post Company

• 1 month later...
SSR Team

Just to give you an idea which i know for a fact is on the Menu in Thailand that i've seen with my own eyes..

Snakes obviously, Frogs, Bats, Armadillo kind of things called Pongollon's, Dogs obviously, Owls, Slow Loris, Red Ants, Red Ants Eggs, Stick Insects, Scorpions, big Bugs like Locusts, huge Maggot looking things which do burst in your mouth, Squirrels', Chickens feet the actual tendons & nails, Ducks tongues, Cow's tongues & one of the main native Dishes which is called Som Tum which has rotten Crab in it, & when i mean rotten i mean days & days old so you can imagine the smell.

http://www.yengo.com/en/news/txt/?id=36&da_id=390

Thai police stopped a convoy carrying 1,800 caged dogs that were destined for Vietnamese restaurants' for their "famous exotic dishes" menu!

When alerted from an Animal Protection Group, police arrested three Thai nationals and one Vietnamese in Nakhon Pathom, 600 kilometres north-east of Bangkok when they were seized with five trucks loaded with 1,800 dogs packed in small cages.

According to police statement to Nakhon Pathom governor Rernsak Mahawinijchaimontree, all 1,800 dogs were initially to be transferred across the Mekong River and sold in Vietnam where dogs are cooked as famous exotic dishes.

Dogs destined for Vietnam are sold for 500 - 1000 Baht!

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/report_detail.php?id=01510

I'll speculate the BF in this report might've wanted the frogs on the stringer or to move the human out of the frog rich area...or both. If I recall correctly I read a pretty spectacular report about a younger guy and older guy out frogging at night who get approached by a BF. They hide from it and it finds the younger guy, leans towards him and lets out a roar about a foot from his face -- couldn't find that one though.

BFF Patron

This topic looks as good as any to place this picture since the material looks like frog or salamander food. The lime green "pond scrum" which on first glance looks like something vegetative or fungal is actually composed of

live larvae of some kind that wiggle and squirm. This is an ephemeral pool left in a rapid runoff drainage in woods, but the same thing can be seen in faster running spring creeks as well. As I remember this was a cold season photo

during a sudden warmup (Feb. maybe March).

Anybody know what insect produces these things?

Guest tirademan

Mmm......fish N frogs.

tirademan

edited to say Bobby O...ouch, that hurts my soul!

post-325-042441100 1327217045_thumb.jpg

Edited by tirademan

BFF Patron

Whining and swimming at the same time......WOW.....and also speaking is mentioned in a report..... is this a first for your Research into newspapers tirademan?

Interesting about the mention of it whining most piteously while swimming. That reminded me of the first time I heard my Newfoundland dog doing the same during his first swim. I thought something must have been very wrong with him such as a hurting hip or foot for him to be whining like that while swimming but I later learned that they whine like that out of enjoyment from being in the water. Maybe it was the same with that little guy in the article. Although I've seen reports of swimming bf I've never seen it mentioned that they whine while doing so. Neat find.

Guest tirademan

Whining and swimming at the same time......WOW.....and also speaking is mentioned in a report..... is this a first for your Research into newspapers tirademan?

Well, yes and no. First for swimming AND whining. But not the first mention of a language I've found...although the earliest. The other is from 1935 Canada, where they mention "snatches of their weird language floated on the breeze across the lake..." I just posted this one because of the frog reference and have found several more and others that mention crawfish.

Some of my more interesting finds lately are of an early call blast (were the animal reversed it's path to come back to the sound) and another that mentions two hunters being awakened by a wild man "striking two flinty rocks together." Interesting because they show those concepts have been around a long time, just like hoaxing as an excuse. And another really weird one about a 2-headed 8 foot hair covered nondescript from 1805...which I'm postulating may be the first account of a small one riding on Mom or Dad's shoulders!

tirademan.

BFF Patron

Very cool, so a first on rock-clacking, call blasting response, child shoulder riding maybe. With the rock strikes (if flinty) wouldn't have to go too much further for fire I guess, to cook that thar frog or crawdad.