Will "finding Bigfoot" Get A Season 3?

Guest Twilight Fan

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Twilight Fan

I have a hunch that FB will in fact, get picked up for a 3rd season. I learned yesterday that 300 new members are signing up to THIS very site per (month, I think it was)...and one can only assume this boost in Bigfoot fans is coming from the tv show that so many of us seem to be watching. It's addicting for sure.

I think it's popular enough to go for season 3, and if so I will definitely watch it! Also...let's discuss the things we might see in season 3. Matt said in an interview that if season 3 did happen, the team would travel to other countries! That might be neat. What do you guys want to see from a season 3? (Don't say for them to find Bigfoot! We know that's not gonna happen). :D

Squatch_01.jpg

Honestly shows like this are pretty cheap to produce. You don't have a high paid cast of actors compared to something like "Two and a Half Men" and you don't need studio stage time, etc. Pretty much all you need is what you would find in a mobile TV news van and a few night time gadgets. You don't have acting coaches, script writers, lighting, etc. to worry about. It's mostly editing and post production work.

As much as people here say they don't like the show or don't watch it, its certainly a lively chat topic and everyone seems to know all of the funny details from the latest episode.

It's not so much a show about bigfoot as it is a reality show about the people who devote their lives to looking for bigfoot.

If nothing else changes with regard to discovery, I don't see it progressing into season three without some significant alteration in cast or focus to sharpen its edge and keep viewers engaged. Otherwise it becomes a third season of the same crew stumbling around in the dark not finding conclusive proof.

If the Ketchum Study and Erickson Project effectively prove to the public that bigfoot exists, then the Finding Bigfoot crew will look like rank amateurs. They'll have been beaten to the punch by a long stretch. I predict that Cliff and Bo would stay on for continuity's sake and their likability, but that the remaining cast will be replaced by credible scientists whose purpose will be to meaningfully advance the investigation.

Now there's a contrarian approach the producers could take that might work. They could simply devolve the show further and blatantly turn it into a reality comedy about the misadventures of a group of people who can't quite achieve the goal others have proven possible. The show already has a slight slapstick element that seems to work for it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Twilight Fan

lol Shelly, I know right? Seems we are always talking about it in the chat room, and so are lots of other members here. It's also funny you should mention "Two and a half men" because even though it is a sitcom and "Finding Bigfoot" is a reality show of sorts...they both share the same, comedic element. I think people enjoy comedy shows, whether staged or not, because life can be stressful so we like to kick back and laugh sometimes. :P

I think it will continue, people love a good mystery and being along for the ride, if the results are non-existent, as is the case so far. For me, the entertainment value is certainly there even if it sometimes borders on little more than a macabre fascination at certain moments. "Squatchy is bandied about far too often in the show though, at first I thought it was somewhat cute, but lately I find it annoying.........Unless I have a bottle of Black Label and take a sip every time the word is used; at which point I find myself no longer caring anyway.

laugh.gif

Admin

If it is the #1 show on Animal Planet, sure it will be back. Television is all about ratings. I'm never expecting any meat (real evidence) being presented on the show. I personally am a Bigfoot junkie. Lord help me if I actually saw one. I could buy a new car with gas money used looking for one. Being that its TV, what is real and what has been inserted to seem real? Nevertheless, I will be in front of the TV watching. I'm starting to get a taste for Tater Stew.

Guest wudewasa

I'm starting to get a taste for Tater Stew.

Too much of one thing isn't good for one's health- just don't drink the kool aid! :lol:

Guest wudewasa

Season 3 needs celebrities to go squatching with the team. Senior from "American Choppers" would be a good choice!

Edited by wudewasa

BFF Patron

Tim the Toolman Taylor on therm would be right up their alley....... sleep.gif