In-Line Trackways

HOLDMYBEER

Before white man's influence, Native Americans use to walk in this way, especially scouts.

Tom Brown Junior explained it best IMO. By walking this way in rough terain you avoid

tripping over objects in your pathway. Especially if your walking down a steep incline.

When you raise one foot and place it directly in front of the other you are making a conscious

effort to raise your back foot at a higher elevation to accomplish inline walking. Try it yourself.

I use to trip a lot in the woods because I walked like a duck. Not anymore.

In conclusion, if I was a bigfoot or an Native American it would seem logical to walk in this manner.

Guest Prehistoric Fisherman

In winter, the inline tracks would be a means (at least from a distance) of disguising the tracks as the imprints made by a small animal hopping/leaping through the snow (a rabbit, for example). After an additional snow fall or some drifting the resemblance would increase even at close range. Melting would further increase the similarity, as hominid details are erased. Indeed, BF/ABSM tracks in snow are always suspect as melted out imprints of this type, and this (other than hoaxing) is the standard skeptical explanation for them. In this case, the tables are turned:

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone." - The Usual Suspects (1995)

Many people use the non-straddle, "tightrope" characteristic of a trackway to be an indicator of genuine sasquatch passage.

Sweet mother, what a terrible idea...

Bigwallace3.jpg

Bigwallace12-1.jpg

One thing not emphasized by fox walking is that it frees you from having to look down at every point where you step. So your awareness of what is around you can be vastly increased! We humans tend to have a certain arrogance- for example people don't really think about what happens if you are not wearing shoes. Try it sometime- the linear trackway becomes quite easy if you are barefoot and fox walking.

I noticed Patty was not fox walking in PGF, but she was on soft ground and at least with humans we have a program that causes us to lead with our heel if the earth is soft. I have to imagine (perhaps with a bit of human arrogance) that bigfoot has a similar program. see:

Born To Run by Christopher McDougall

IOW, the linear trackway is normal for both Bigfoot and barefoot humans that want to be quiet and aware. BTW this skill is taught at Tom Brown Jr's Tracker School. A lot of other skills taught there would seem to be very handy for researchers! Some of them (natural camo) explain why Bigfoot is so hard to see, even when you are looking right at them.

I do recall some reports of sasquatch having a strange way of walking where the toes/ forefoot was planted before the heel. It gives the impression of the Michael Jackson moonwalk but moving forwards. I guess foxwalking is the official name for it then?

• 3 years later...

Now I know that this is an old topic but it relates to my theory. Now Patty was a female bigfoot which everyone seems to agree. The prints that she left behind gives an idea of the way she walks and may shed light to the issue of inline tracking.

I have two videos of people walking, one is a female and the other is an athletic male. What I seen in the video was that the female shows more of the inline track then the male.

Female walking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Veye-N0A4

Male walking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkJY86tZRE

As you can see that there is a difference between the male and the female and in the way they walk. The female is more defined to a inline gate as to the male seems more restricted to of-line gate. Just thought that I would throw this out there. I just always wondered why I would find some offset tracks mixed with the inline tracks. This bothered me so I had to find out.

Hi Antfoot:

Though I certainly do not disagree that a human can maintain an inline trackway with a 4' stride over great distances. Piece of cake really (well, once you take the time to get into shape!).

However, I would be interested in seeing how one would fare in terrain, or deep snow, or say mud/sand with stompers on. To see if the track consistency (impressions, trackway in-line, stride) could be maintained.

I guess that's part of the reason I was curious if anyone had ever come across a study showing this. I would volunteer to attempt this, but unfortunately, I have no stompers, nor the cardio to pull something like this off. My tracks would be easy to debunk as I'd be lying dead after about 50 yards.

Thx.

A six year old kid could maintain an inline trackway "with a 4' stride" all day. I watched an episode of "Finding Bigfoot" last Sunday night. It would add a little more credibility to a "bigfoot hunter's" opinions if they they knew the difference between a critter's "stride"  and its "step" length.  :resent: 

BFF Patron

The Michael Jackson moonwalk referred to would also be described by others as the old x-country ski glide (not the x-country skating they do nowadays).  The remarkable evening of my class A I watched one of these critters do the glide below me in the foreground...... stage right to left --as it then took up a stationary position 35 ft. below me slightly to stage left of center,  it was both amazing and confirmatory all in the same polyglot.  I knew I was in for a ride after seeing that (not that the green eyeglow didn't give me a clue too).   The way I see it "the glide" requires a backward extension of traction on one foot/leg in an exaggerated form with opposite side thrusted knee propulsion at it lowest form while in a forward gravity-balanced crouch, almost like falling forward.

As for in-line trackways I think they are important when determined to be genuine in the proper substrate.  Most substrates in the so. apps. do not allow for detection of this kind of movement unless you are an expert tracker in all domains.  I personally have only found single prints and would love to see a genuine BF  trackway of any kind some day while I remain on this Earth.

Edited by bipedalist

Bipedalist: I think most folks spend too much time looking for "tracks" (clearly defined feet prints in impressionable substrates), and overlook other signs of an animals' passage that can be correctly called tracks. By definition, tracks are evidence of an animal's or human's route of travel. A good example in the mountains where BF typical walk rock or boulder beds in or alongside waterways. Unless the animals screw up and get sand or mud on their feet before or during their walk, you won't be able to "track" them unless they step on rocks or small boulder that shift slightly under their weight.

Another good is example was seen in Lowndes County, AL a few years ago. Three of us were going to a location where one of the men had seen a Bigfoot in January. It was summer when we met at a gate near the site. We walked just a short distance down a mowed trail and  there was a thicket of ripe yellow plum off on the left side of the trail. I asked the guys to wait until I loaded my pockets. Just a few steps from the thicket there was a fire ant hill that had a very good and clear BF track in it. I called the guys over and let them see it. The area was suffering the worst drought in years, and ground was hard as a rock. Deer and hogs had a trail through the thicket, but it was clear BF liked plums as much as I. Eight to ten foot above the deer/hog trail, the thorny plum limbs had been broken and pushed back into the thicket on both side of the game trail.  

Edited by Branco

Guest Crowlogic

Depends on the species of bigfoot.  There's at least three distinct species and most likely they don't all walk the same.  OTOH that guy that got towed behind the truck sure did a nice inline cakewalk didn't he though.

Depends on the species of bigfoot.  There's at least three distinct species and most likely they don't all walk the same.  OTOH that guy that got towed behind the truck sure did a nice inline cakewalk didn't he though.

Probably not "species", more likely unclassified subspecies within the superfamily hominoidea.