• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

About the Uwharrie Bigfoot, which supposedly comes out (I'm guessing straight to video) in Summer this year. This looks TERRIBLE! It doesn't even show anything and looks like it was made by a film student and his cheap, handheld camera. Has anyone heard of this?

(Trailer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxhri_FF3Bo&feature=youtu.be

(Movie poster)
Posted Image
Become a Premium Member of the Bigfoot Forums! I did and have NOT regretted it. It's cheap at only $20 for a year's worth of extras! My favorite part is being able to post freely where censorship is out of the question, in "The Tar Pit."

#2 victoriuh

victoriuh

Booger

• Inactive
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

I had not until I read this. I Googled them. The movie is written, produced, directed, and starring those two guys. That is always a sign of high quality ;)
~Victoria~ Hanging out in NW Michigan!

#3 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

I think the "trailer" speaks for itself. Not only did it not show Bigfoot, or even a hint of Bigfoot's shadow..it also didn't even show ANY of the ACTORS in the movie! We see one man's shadow, but that's it...And what's with that comical growl at the end? Oh, dear. This looks BAD. I think, even the SYFY channel would be embarrassed to air this. That's saying a lot...<_<
Become a Premium Member of the Bigfoot Forums! I did and have NOT regretted it. It's cheap at only $20 for a year's worth of extras! My favorite part is being able to post freely where censorship is out of the question, in "The Tar Pit."

#4 WV FOOTER

WV FOOTER

Bigfoot

• Administrators
  • 4,404 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

Get a job.

#5 KentuckyApeman

KentuckyApeman

Bukwas

• Inactive
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

The Legend of Boggy Creek was also made on a shoe string budget, with Charles Pierce as a one man film crew. But that was a miracle, and I doubt we will see lightning strike twice with this one.

Edited by KentuckyApeman, 11 February 2012 - 09:46 AM.

"The creeks. He always travels the creeks."

#6 bananasquatch

bananasquatch

Bukwas

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think it looks a little promising in a "Blair Witch Project" kinda way! But I am sick and tired of Sas being portrayed as some kind of blood thirsty monster. Horror and gore sells....

(Please note I said LITTLE! :rolleyes: )

#7 Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Sasquatch

• Sésquac
  • 7,446 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Dunno whether this flick will be worth a hoot, but I think Hollywood has long missed the boat on producing a well-done sasquatch movie. Not that any of us have come to expect a whit of original thought emanating from the studios, eh?

Who is John Galt?

#8 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

The only Sasquatch movie I saw and LIKED to some degree was "Harry and the Hendersons." I wish they would make more of the good ones. Though, I've heard; "Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie" got good reviews and is inspiring. I might have to check it out soon :)

#9 billgreen2010

billgreen2010

Sasquatch

• Inactive
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

hey everyone this new movie looks pretty good the trailer & poster look good but i dont any more info about it on net news :)

#10 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

I can't seem to find much info about it either, billgreen. Not yet at least...

#11 scratchcrotch

scratchcrotch

Booger

• Inactive
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

The movie is written, produced, directed, and starring those two guys.

"I write, produce, direct and star but what I really wanna do is grip..."

Edited by scratchcrotch, 12 February 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#12 kokanee

kokanee

Booger

• Readers
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

OMG! Get a real job is right!

#13 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

OMG! Get a real job is right!

Filmmaking IS a real job for a lot of people. A career. It's just a hard one to break into.

#14 Shelly

Shelly

Bukwas

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

Well yeah its a real job if you are Fritz Lang or Sergei Eisenstein. Or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, Ed Wood Jr.

#15 Twilight Fan

Twilight Fan

Yowie

• Inactive
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

Yeah. I wouldn't expect much after watching the trailer. The filmmaker made another comment that said it's supposed to be a farce type of movie...at least of sorts. Which makes it even stranger :O

#16 summitwalker

summitwalker

Bukwas

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

All the power to these guys, at least they're out there doing something and not sitting on the couch smoking fatties and playing CoD. The only way to become a filmmaker is to make films, lots of'em, and good or bad. I'll watch it just to see what they came up with. Too bad the 'all that was left was the camera and the footage' angle has been done and done. But hey, everything is a remake...er..or a remix.

http://www.everythin...tch-the-series/

Edited by summitwalker, 19 February 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#17 dudeman

dudeman

Booger

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

Can't beat another cheesy squatch movie. I'd watch it

#18 flowersflix

flowersflix

Booger

• Inactive
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Howdy, everyone--

This is Chris--one of the masterminds behind UWHARRIE.

Some quick updates:

The full-length trailer is now available. This should give you a better idea as to what the movie is all about, what kind of tone we're aiming for, etc. To check it out, click on the link below.

Michael and I want to say "thanks" to everyone who's taken the time to research the film, watch the teaser, etc. Believe it or not, we've put a lot of hard work into putting this thing together. Michael came up with the general idea, I wrote the first draft of the screenplay, and we shaped it from there. As things progressed, we pooled our resources to purchase all of the necessary items for filming (including plunking down a few hundred bucks for a cabin rental). We've had a lot of close friends participate in the process, and it's been a blast.

At this point, about 80% of the movie is finished. Our original goal was to have the whole thing done by July (or thereabouts), but now it's looking more like September/October. If you'd like to get a little more insight into what we've done, check out the links below.

Official Movie Site: http://uwharriemovie.com/
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/UWHARRIE/107015056065657

If you have any questions about anything related to the film making process, I'll be happy to respond to your questions.

On a side note, we noticed the comments implying that both Michael and myself need to "GET A JOB." This might surprise you, but we're both gainfully employed individuals who work full-time. The decision to make UWHARRIE has resulted in a lot of money being spent out of pocket ($1000+ at this point), as well as us sacrificing paid time off, etc.

So, as you might have guessed, it's a labor of love, and we're very proud of what we've accomplished so far.

Thanks again!

Chris

#19 Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Sasquatch

• Sésquac
  • 7,446 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Good luck to you, Chris. Welcome to the BFF. A little too much use of the term "Dude" for my taste, but I can manage. Have shared the trailer to my F/B. Keep it real, Dude pal!

Who is John Galt?

#20 Chris

Chris

Bukwas

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

What about copyright issues re: the idea/s of hikers/filmmaking students going missing and the only thing found is a damaged camera/reels of 8mm film. One movie has a bigfoot, the other one a witch legend.
Go for it. Ya got nuttin' ta lose but yer Zagnuts.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users