56 replies to this topic

#1 Kings Canyon

Kings Canyon

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

Sightings Told To You By Others, Not Otherwise Reported
It was probably a bear. Or a coyote. Maybe a cougar.

#2 Kings Canyon

Kings Canyon

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

We have a thread for members' sightings, but CO Grizzly's threads of sightings other people told to him but that were not reported anywhere else gave me an idea.

Q: What authentic stories of sightings have you 1) heard from other people 2) that are not otherwise reported in print or online?

If you like a story give it a +1 and limit comments. Ideally, the thread should be 90% stories.

Remember: This is just anecdotal evidence which may or may not be true and was not investigated.

Important: Please do not launch into criticism of a story, because we all know it's hearsay.

:popcorn: But we do love stories of sightings!

Edited by Kings Canyon, 20 February 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#3 watch1

watch1

Wildman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

I am sure there are alot of them out there that have not been reported.

I was talking with a store owner back several years ago and then spoke with his wife because she was the person who talked with the man that stopped there after he had his sigthing. She said he came in the the store all white and very shaken and asked her "what kind of animals do you folks have down here in these woods anyway?". He then described what he had seen and said that he had to stop to keep from hitting it with his car.
The reason I and no one else would write this report up is simple and you will understand when I tell you what he said.
He said this thing was big and hairy and came running out of the woods in the middle of nowhere and ran right in front of him. He went on to say that it was wearing a an old pair of blue jeans that was almost in rags, all torn and ripped up here and there.
I knew at the time that no one would believe that story and most likely many will not believe it now. The woman believed the man was telling the truth about what he had seen as he was really upset about seeing this thing.
Now here is the kicker, It was in an area that another sighting took place and a track was found. We also went there another time and made a call and had two replies from two different locations.

One of those strange stories that any researcher would not dare write up knowing the ridicule this one would bring, but there it is.

Mike (watch1)

Edited by watch1, 20 February 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#4 toejam

toejam

Yowie

• Banned
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

I've been speaking recently with someone on another forum (nothing to do with sasquatch) in Ohio. I've posted my wildlife photography there for years and the forum members would always enjoy my posts.
One day I decided to tell the story of my vocal encounter.
It was only recently (roughly a couple years later) that this member contacted me and told me that my story brought back incidents that he suppressed because of the fears they invoked.

He's had ongoing encounters (about 30) that have been going on for 2 decades. He's described several incidents and I believe he's telling the truth. Too much detail.
He's invited me to come and see for myself. He had a pattern established on his route home late at night and this squatch would be waiting for him. It would follow him through the forest paralleling him until the end of the trail. He'd gotten a visual and stated it at 8ft.+.
I told him to wait until the ground softens up, try to establish regular contact again and I'll make the drive across the border to check it out.
I'm looking forward to meeting up and checking out his area.
He told me that there was probably more incidents but by the time he figured it out, there's been about 30.

#5 BuzzardEater

BuzzardEater

Bukwas

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Somebody showed me a carbon once, at a conference, that seemed to describe a girl being decapitated in a city park in Shasta. The report opined that the head had been pulled off the body. Although unstated on the written, it seems she was chasing her little terrier and was only a hundred yards at most from her parents when the attack took place. The BF investigator said the coroner's report called this "misadventure", although with no documentation and I think he got the term wrong.

More recently, I was told about a reserve in the Fraser Canyon that had a resident that shadowed schoolgirls and burped to signal his presence. He had a favorite and the other girls figured it was just a matter of time until he took her. As far as I know the sightings just stopped, although he is said to have stolen a soccer ball, too.
Threads are like hybrid cars, they run out of gas long before they stop.

#6 salubrious

salubrious

Yowie

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Some campers had rocks thrown at them while on an island north of St. Croix Falls WI/ Taylor's Falls MN. This was reported by a friend of mine, whom I would have have no reason to fabricate anything like this.

She also reported wood knocks outside of her house around 2:AM one night about 3 years ago- her mother heard them too. The wood knocks were on a tree right outside the house, which is a mile north of the Stillwater, MN city limits. Not far at all from a sighting in Centerville, MN and more recently a sighting north of Stillwater that was filmed on an iphone and reported on FB/FB.

#7 Belem

Belem

Booger

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

I've got one that I don't believe has been reported before. When I lived in Redding, CA about a dozen years ago I was mapping the BFRO sites in CA in my free time - this was before Mangani put together his nice data set. Anyway, one of the good old boys I worked with caught wind of it and told me that I should ask one of the other techs about his encounter. After a bit of harassing he finally told me. Seems that a few years earlier he and a few others we up in the Yolla Bolly driving the logging roads. I can't recall what they were looking for - a specific type of wood maybe? Anyway, they'd go up once a year or so and look for the stuff. A few hours in natured called and they stopped the truck. Couple of the guys got out and started peeing off the side of the road into the bushes on the edge of the little ravine. Soon as they started going rocks started flying out of the bushes on the other side of the ravine and landing around them and the truck. Each time the rocks got larger and more dangerous. That's not what sent them fleeing though, according to my buddy it was the scream/roar that started to accompany the rock throwing that did it. They raced back to the truck and hauled butt out of the area.
I knew these guys for years. They weren't the type to tell stories. They were harding working guys that came off of ranches in the central valley. Hunters and fishermen who spend a lot of time outdoors.

#8 OntarioSquatch

OntarioSquatch

Yeti

• Members
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

A man that operates a fishing lodge in Northern Ontario told me they have had encounters and unexplained things happen over the years. It looked like a nice place during the summer judging by all the berries I saw. The surrounding area had a cluster of sightings from other people as well.

After that, I decided to email fishing lodges that are in other parts of Northern Ontario asking about experiences and this one hunting/fishing lodge owner said they have had people see them while out hunting. And have had cases where the creatures harass people throughout the night. This one's from Nestor Falls.

#9 mesabe

mesabe

Bukwas

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

Some campers had rocks thrown at them while on an island north of St. Croix Falls WI/ Taylor's Falls MN.

Salubrious, this very same thing happened to 3 buddies of mine, on an overnight fishing trip there. It was never formally reported, but I have mentioned it on this forum before. I've always thought the St. Croix river was a good place to be for squatch encounters.

#10 ptangier

ptangier

Oh Mah

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

BFF- last week our yougest daughter and her boyfreind came to visit. The boyfreind works as a driller for Moore Mining and are currently working 40 miles north of Cuer Du Lane(?), Idaho. He told me that about 2 miles from the drilling site the company has a water tank for the trucks and one night the attendant called the foreman and told him to send someone to pick him up, that there is a big hairy thing out here shaking the shack. They sent atruck to pick the fellow up who was quite rattled but nothing was spotted. since then they have transferred the attendant and shut the water facility for that night. ptangier

#11 salubrious

salubrious

Yowie

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Salubrious, this very same thing happened to 3 buddies of mine, on an overnight fishing trip there. It was never formally reported, but I have mentioned it on this forum before. I've always thought the St. Croix river was a good place to be for squatch encounters.

!! :O !!
OK- so was this the same story or a different one?? I heard this from a friend that lives near St. Croix Falls. But they are friends of yours? Are they from Minnesota or Wisconsin? If they are not the same people, this island (if its the same one) must be prime BF territory. Any chance of more info?

#12 Tautriadelta

Tautriadelta

Chiye-tanka

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

When I was nineteen my brother who was 17 and his best friend also 17 decided one Sunday night during the summer that we should go raccoon hunting in the Lake Creek river bottoms. This was 1988 and the area was barely populated at that time. We referred to it as "poor man's land" because it was very swampy and often flooded completely with extended rains. I had a little 87 Nissan pickup truck that we hopped into and drive the 2 miles to some property Jeff (our friend's) grandfather owned and kept as a hog lease. It was well after dark, probably 9:30 late May when we drove the gate. The road is called Honea Egypt and there is an encounter that was reported as happening in 1983 In this area on the BFRO by two brothers building a house. Very close proximity, within 2 miles, but at the time we had no knowledge of that event. http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=4138

Long story short we plowed downed into the bottoms following a logging road and promptly got stuck in the muck. I had a Come-A-Long behind my seat that we used often as a block and tackle for birthing calves that came breach, a length of chain and some nylon rope, we also had flashlight and a battery powered spotlight, the old school kind with the big battery that you just screwed onto the lens. We gathered fallen wood, branches, logs of any type we could scrounge and attempted to make a ramp going back up the hill. The ground was soggy and it was just miserable and futile trying to winch out, moving the Come-A-Long from tree to tree. I finally decided I would walk back to the house and get my father to bring his 3/4 ton or the tractor and more chain to just pull me out. So I took the big light and walked out, leaving my brother Blain and Jeff to continue doing what they could to build a wooden bridge over the muck. I got home, got my irrate father out of bed and he said that I should go back in his truck with chain and he would follow on the tractor shortly. I got back and parked the truck at the gate and walked the few hundred yards back down to the stuck vehicle. Me being me I decided I would scare the hell out of the other boys so I killed the light and crept up toward the little truck. Neither boy was outside working, they where both sitting in the cab, headlight on, and I could see the beams from their lights canvasing the nearby brush and trees. I assumed they had gotten lazy and decided to see if they could shoot any **** while waiting for me to get back. I launched myself off the back bumper and into the bed of the truck right behind the rear window and starting growling, screaming and bouncing the little pickup with all my might and two great hunters started screaming like wet toddlers, and cowering in the floorboards. I was laughing so hard I could barely breath but they where screaming at me to get inside with them. At that point I knew something was seriously wrong, so they unlocked the door and I got inside and asked what was wrong. They told me they had been going into the treeline, dragging logs, limbs and brush out to make the bridge when they heard what they described as the scariest and most evil growl either of them had ever heard before, it was long and sustained and it sounded very very close to them. They bolted back the truck and locked themselves inside and had been there for nearly and hour. They saw nothing, but they could hear the growling continue and breaking brush through the windows. I was a little scared at this point as well, in wondering what could have scared these two so badly. We had spent countless nights camping in the woods and never really been spooked by anything. I managed to get them to grab their 22's and we ran up the hill to my dad's truck and headed home. We met my dad halfway and I told him we would just go get the little truck the next day. We all talked about it that night and the next morning they refused to go back and help us. Dad did not press them and he and I got the little Nissan unstuck with the tractor. He walked around a little bit and looked, but never said a word aside from "Musta been a booger out here." My father is full blood Cherokee, over the years since I had my own first hand encounter he has opened up stories and peculiarities that had taken place in his own life growing up in that area. Since I wasn't there for the vocalization I can only speculate, but I feel it is certainly a possibility. Nowadays there are million dollar homes in that area and a PGA golf course. Money can make poor man's land into something new and force and old denizen deeper into the bottoms, or the nearby national forest I suppose.

Edited by Tautriadelta, 31 May 2012 - 09:10 PM.

A sure sign of a fool is to say that something is impossible purely because it lies outside their realm of experience.

#13 mesabe

mesabe

Bukwas

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

salubrious, I doubt if they are the same incident. I have heard of other activity in the area. In fact there is a farily good video on youtube from there. Anyway here's the original post:

http://bigfootforums...dpost__p__55304

#14 indiefoot

indiefoot

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

My brother was hunting quail with his son and they walked up on a squatch leaning over a round bail feeder picking up twigs of alfalfa and nibbling them. It noticed them and gave them an angry look and walked away very casually over the nearby small hill.

#15 salubrious

salubrious

Yowie

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Thanks mesabe, I did read that earlier. So it seems that there are a few in this area. The report that I had was from just north of St. Croix Falls. Several people were camping and fishing on an island. They had already set up camp and were fishing during the day, and noticed that someone was throwing rocks at them. After a while they got really creeped out and pulled up stakes. I heard this story 3rd hand, but I know the 3rd and 2nd parties so I am going to interview the person in St. Croix Falls to see if I can get more detail- the particular island, time of year etc.

I'm thinking there is a corridor that runs from LaCrosse all the way up past Duluth/Moose Lake. Maggie is more down by Kellog MN across from Alma, my friend's cabin where I have found a track, a trackway, a stick structure (and to be clear, one that had some long heavy oak limbs in it when there was no oak anywhere nearby) and both my friend and I had heard rock clacking at his cabin past midnight. His cabin is fairly remote so its not like kids were doing the rock clacking, especially when it was as close as it was (within 50 feet). So the rivers must provide some decent habitat. Lotta river/swamp bottoms around.... seems to me I heard about some weirdness going on in the Chippewa River bottoms where it runs into Lake Pepin as well.

Indiefoot, where was this sighting with your brother?

Edited by salubrious, 02 June 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#16 Particle Noun

Particle Noun

Yowie

• Banned
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

The sighting that moved me from "interested in Bigfoot" to "Pretty sure it exists" was a sighting told to me by a really good family friend, who lives up in Mendocino California, next to my parents. He is a civil engineer, and is not a story teller by any means. Casually one day while we were having a cookout at my folks, someone happened to mention Bigfoot, and someone said "Hey X, tell your bigfoot story!"

He then told us about a time he and a buddy were up fishing in remote North Eastern California. They were deep in the woods camping, not near any real access points, and were in the middle of the river, fly fishing. Something caught his eye and he looked upstream. About 50 yards up, something very tall, hairy and brown, was walking on two legs across the river. It walked very surefootedly, even though the current was nothing to sneeze at. He said he had no doubt, in that moment, what he was looking at. He had no real interest in bigfoot since, and honestly doesn't have a whole hell of a lot now. But he says it wasn't a man (too big) and wasn't a bear (looked man like, just huge and hairy).

He and his friend got the hell out of there quick.

Come join us at the 'now open for the public' Sasquatch Forum at  http://sasquatchforum.proboards.com/ (with link back to BFF of course).

#17 Bogger

Bogger

Wildman

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

I was talking with the neighbor a few days ago and he was telling me about his uncle out hunting, seems the old guy fell down an embankment and broke a hip. He laid there for a day screaming for help, in and out of consciousness and he swears that through the haze he remembers a Sas picking him up and carrying him up the embankment to the road.

The neighbors always have a big family BBQ each year and the uncle comes for that get together, the neighbor says he'll introduce me this summer so I can ask him about it in person.
Knock, Knock, Knock.... just the big guy playing his version of knock and run.

#18 salubrious

salubrious

Yowie

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

I was able to interview a person who experienced some very loud wood knocks near the town of Stillwater, MN in the spring of 2010. The tree was outside her window and the knocks were very very loud. They occurred at about 2:AM. The house is located about 2 miles north of Stillwater along the hiway, near the St, Croix river. This is very very close to the location where FOX news reported a sighting that a farmer filmed on his iphone (FB/FB). (BTW that particular video is one of a few wher the 79 degree shin rise can be seen. This is something that humans cannot do and is thus a good indicator of authenticity.) There is a hill and a creek drainage going down to the St. Croix that runs behind the house in the woods.

The knocks were two at a time. The tree was a large deciduous tree about 100 feet high and she said the whole thing shook -it was right outside her window. The knocks happened very quickly together- it was the speed and the intensity that convinced her that it was not humanly possible. After a few minutes (the knocking went on for about 5 minutes) she got the courage to peek out the window (which was open) but saw nothing. Almost right away though she heard answering knocks up the hill in two locations. She says that they happened too quickly for one creature to have moved that fast- she thinks it was more than one. The next day she looked for signs- footprints, marks on the tree but found nothing, but she also admits that she does not have tracking skills.

She was living with her mother at the time (who has since passed away) and her mother confirmed that 'someone was knocking on the house' at 2:AM. Her mother thought it was drunks, but her room was on the opposite side of the house. This person now lives outside of St. Croix Falls and is aware of sightings that have occurred on islands north of Taylor's Falls in the St. Croix river.

This 'class B' encounter is also not far from Centerville MN which is on I-35 to the west- there is a BFRO class A report in that area. Seems like it must be an active area.

#19 zoala

zoala

Wildman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

I am sure there are alot of them out there that have not been reported.

I was talking with a store owner back several years ago and then spoke with his wife because she was the person who talked with the man that stopped there after he had his sigthing. She said he came in the the store all white and very shaken and asked her "what kind of animals do you folks have down here in these woods anyway?". He then described what he had seen and said that he had to stop to keep from hitting it with his car.
The reason I and no one else would write this report up is simple and you will understand when I tell you what he said.
He said this thing was big and hairy and came running out of the woods in the middle of nowhere and ran right in front of him. He went on to say that it was wearing a an old pair of blue jeans that was almost in rags, all torn and ripped up here and there.
I knew at the time that no one would believe that story and most likely many will not believe it now. The woman believed the man was telling the truth about what he had seen as he was really upset about seeing this thing.
Now here is the kicker, It was in an area that another sighting took place and a track was found. We also went there another time and made a call and had two replies from two different locations.

One of those strange stories that any researcher would not dare write up knowing the ridicule this one would bring, but there it is.

Mike (watch1)

A sasquatch wearing blue jeans? How would it even fit on an 8 foot tall 600 pound ape man?

#20 Kings Canyon

Kings Canyon

Yowie

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

In one of my photos, I had one wearing a sash kind of thing. Like a sheet folded up, over one shoulder, around the waist on the other side, sort of belted in place. Not unheard of to have them adopt a garment.