Welcome Back!

Guest Strick

Guest Strick

Hi everyone,

I'd like to say something profound, but the words are eluding me. I know for some the death of the old BFF felt like a bereavement, so let's hope this is some kind of rebirth.

I hope this can be bigger, longer and more uncut than the old forum and that we can avoid some of the mistakes of the past. Thanks to Paul and the CFZ for making this happen.

In the words of the immortal Bon Scott we're 'back in the rig to take another swig'

Enjoy,

Strick

Welcome back, BFF! Thanks so much Paul, Jon, and everyone that made it possible for the BFF to continue. Let's all work together to make it a great place to be.

• Upvote 1

Admin

Welcome Back, BFF. Thanks Paul, John, Ringo... :unsure:

Glad to see the forum back up. I lurked on the old BFF for years, but never posted much. Hopefully I will step up my participation.

Best wishes for the new BFF! B)

Guest Paul V

Thanks guys.

With your help, this is going to be a *very* different place. We are going to swear in the first couple of moderators tomorrow or tuesday, I'm sure you can all be trusted to look after the place until then.

It is going to take a few weeks to get everything sorted out, new posting guidelines etc., so please bear with us. Until then, suggestions are most welcome - see the Administration section.

There will be a couple of people logging on as 'admin' - the admin role on this new forum is purely a maintenance one, and not one of ownership, stewardship or moderator, so don't get paranoid - we still have a lot of configuring to do, so you will see the mysterious looking 'admin' showing up from time to time.

welcome back bff.......only time will tell where this leads,hopefully upward & onward.are the "rules" essentially the same,or are the brief guidelines listed in the registration process the only rules as part of the "new" & "very different"?

Guest Paul V

welcome back bff.......only time will tell where this leads,hopefully upward & onward.are the "rules" essentially the same,or are the brief guidelines listed in the registration process the only rules as part of the "new" & "very different"?

The new posting guidelines have yet to be decided upon. What you saw in the registration process are essentially temporary rules. Not very satisfactory I know, but we don't want to rush into 'copying and pasting' the old guidelines - it would be much better to think them through properly.