Who Are The Real Experts In This Field?

Guest tracker

I mean no disrespect toward John Greene or anybody else. At the same time, I think to be an Expert on a particular topic in a biological, scientific realm, one should have seen and hopefully studied the witnessed creature/being.

I don't see a problem with your definition, as it is personal to you.

My definition is slightly different then yours, however I consider it a personal definition.

I would not think to impose my personal bias on you,and I don't think you disrespected John Greene.

Guest Creekfreak

There are no experts thats for sure like John said how can someone be an expert if we cant find the creature at any given time .

But on the other hand there are people that do deserve respect for the countless hours,days and years spent in the feild gathering experience discussing there findings with others on the internet and so forth .

Haveing a class A encounter does give some a slightly higher leval of understanding then most only becouse they know what they are going after its not just a shot in the dark for these people it doesent make them any better in the feild its just the fact they know the truth before they get into the research part of this what happens after that is up to that person .

No theres nothing romantic about this anyone that has put there time and money in knows what I am talking about its a thankless job I would not recomend to anyone starting off you have to want it bad and be prepared to take the bumps and bruses that come along with it .

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Dr. Grover Krantz! My hero. May he rest in peace, errr, while on display I guess. Don't worry Grover, it's gonna happen bud and even though you won't get to see it happen, it's largely because of you. Chris B.

Why do people have a problem with the term Expert? Is it the same problem with say a phrase like Most Knowledgeable? or Most Experienced? John Green does not consider himself an expert on Bigfoot and I think that is just in his nature, not being the toot your own horn type of person, but I have heard some newbies get up in front of an audience and all but proclaim such to people who have spent more time, money and energy then they ever dreamed of devoting to the subject. Just curious but are Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster considered experts.... on Superman? IMHO This is just another ridiculous topic to try and argue with one another over. It has no point or meaningful possible conclusion, except to maybe disparage someone and bolster their own positions. The subject is just being used as a catalyst or accelerant between factions.

No "expert" is not the same thing as "most knowledgeable" or "most experienced". You are one the most respected and experienced in this field, do you consider yourself a "Bigfoot expert"? If the title would have been who is "the most experienced" or who is the "most respected" in this field, my answers would have been quite different. Seeing the belligerent tone of your post, it sounds to me like you are the one trying to "bolster their position" and use the thread as a accelerant between the factions of us newbies and you more experienced investigators. I guess we clueless newbies can go post in another thread discussing what proof you experienced guys have found. Oh wait, none of us have found anything... never mind.

• 6 years later...

I don't like the term "expert."  It presumes that you will give anyone who asks you an answer instead of stimulating questions.  I think that "experts," asked about this topic, tend to give dismissive answers because they need to look smart, which isn't what a scientist should be interested in.  The first clue you get that you are talking to a real live scientist, instead of a techie who thinks he knows more than he does and really can't be bothered too much with you, is when you hear "I dont' know."

I can tell you people who have done the work, all of whom are either intrigued by the animal or convinced that it is real (probably the latter for all of them, although they veil their conviction in skepticism to assuage the ignorant).  John Bindernagel; John Mionczynski; Loren Coleman; Cliff Barackman; Jeff Meldrum; Alton Higgins; J. Robert Alley; Grover Krantz.  There are more, but that is a good start. Getting in touch with these should tend to introduce you to many of the others.

If you want to know who NOT to listen to here, I can provide my Ignore list.  That's all the people who knew everything when they came on here and have learned nothing since.  It's long.

5 hours ago, DWA said:

If you want to know who NOT to listen to here, I can provide my Ignore list

I can provide a list of those who fell for an obvious April Fool's prank. It's short.

• Upvote 3

Short and easy to remember for most...but apparently not for those under revisionist delusions.

1 hour ago, DWA said:

We all know there are fakes lies and hallucinations everywhere, especially around April 15.  So what who cares.

• Upvote 3

Bet certain vocal members stay home on April Fool's Day and read "reports," from now on, eh? Heh!

• Upvote 1

You guys are brutal. Of course not without just cause. There are those who have studied and researched more than average Joe. They can only rely on reports from credible and not so credible witnesses  and other unsubstantiated evidence . 

I agree that there are no real experts. If there were the creature would be documented and thoroughly examined .

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

There are those who have studied and researched more than average Joe.

Most here are well versed in BF. Even some of the most strident scofftics can site you reports/books/etc. chapter and verse.

2 hours ago, Rockape said:

Most here are well versed in BF. Even some of the most strident scofftics can site you reports/books/etc. chapter and verse.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Books and research, sightings and reports still does make one an expert  with an unknown creature simply for that reason. Unknown being the key word . If the creature does not exist then what is really known.  I have read many reports, books and spoken with eyewitnesses and so called experts. Not nearly as much as these in which you speak of. I am an expert. An expert in my known field of education and work experience.

The problem is as I said if the creature does not exist then nothing  can truly be known except legends and stories and conjecture. Without out scientific fact there are truly no experts.

10 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Books and research, sightings and reports still does make one an expert  with an unknown creature

Understood and agreed. However your post specifically spoke about study and research. I was just pointing out there isn't much in that aspect that isn't know, even by many ardent scofftics.

• masterbarber locked this topic