Who Are The Real Experts In This Field?

Guest tracker

Guest midnightwalker1

Midnightwalker1,

Prove your claims. If not, you are no better then the others who claim to be experts.

I have plenty of audio taken in my core area and other areas...alone and with other fairly well known researchers. Some is on my site and YT. I have audio of me calling them in but you won't hear that...I can care less about proving that to you since those are special calls that will not be compromised. Those who actually do this in their areas would certainly appreciate the rationale for my not show-boating that to everyone.

Now prove to me that you actually had a class A sighting. How do I know you saw anything? How do I know you didn't have a panic attack as opposed to being hit by infrasound? "Prove your claims. If not, you are no better then (than) the others who claim to" have seen a bigfoot. Douché (Kind of like Touché-French you know) I actually believe you had your sighting but wanted to make a point.

Anyway, I can go on and on and on with different accounts and different people that have been researching with me that know I know my poop. Am I special? Nope. I am just an easy going dude that enjoys and understands the sas people and has spent way to much time out there. But hey I love it.

As for your account, I assume you're telling me the truth. You're not proven to me though. I don't know who you research with, how many hours you've been out there amongst the sas (close encounters), whether you know how to engage them, do you know how to track them, do you understand things they do (like wood knocks) based on first hand knowledge of your field events...Need I go on. So JC, like I've said to the others... Pile on your resume, audio, video, other material and results and we'll compare our experiences. As an example, I know Bipedalist has experience and would be considered an expert in my book. Lots of accounts that I believe, lots of audio and I know people that know him. There are probably other guys that may or may not have audio or video but people like me can usually weed out the bs just by listening to their story. Anyway, Bepedalist is compelling to me in qualifying someone as a person with true experience and not just some guy knocking in the woods and playing GI Joe walkie talkie ******** during the quarterly wife-gave-me-a-hall-pass outings.

Be careful not to play scientific in an area that you hardly understand. I saw a beautiful blonde model the other day in Belize but I wouldn't know the first thing about what makes her tick. If I wanted to get to know her, I'd have to spend some time engaging her, gaining her interest and then observing (listening). I certainly wouldn't be able to school one of her friends on her because I don't have that experience. You see, just because you saw that beautiful blonde in Belize doesn't mean you know her. You simply had a sighting. LOL :) MW

Midnightwalker1, Since you are psychic, you should already know my response.

Audio is not proof Midnightwalker1. I have tons of alleged audio and I don't care. Why would your audio mean more then other audio? Do you have a clear video of the Bigfoot opening it's mouth and making the vocal? I can't prove my encounter and I am not aware of anyone else who can. I have never offered my encounter as proof. Believe it or don't, I don't care. I have also never claimed I was hit with infra sound. I only described what happened to me. I have never made claims as to the cause.

Where are these other people who can verify your claims? How can they verify them? What exactly is this "poop" you know about Bigfoot and how can it be verified? Prove you can track Bigfoot and prove that Bigfoot wood knock. My story, your story or anybody's stories are just stories. We have lots of good stories. Have you read Enoch? You should, it's a very good story.

Guest midnightwalker1

Midnightwalker1, Since you are psychic, you should already know my response.

Audio is not proof Midnightwalker1. I have tons of alleged audio and I don't care. Why would your audio mean more then other audio? Do you have a clear video of the Bigfoot opening it's mouth and making the vocal? I can't prove my encounter and I am not aware of anyone else who can. I have never offered my encounter as proof. Believe it or don't, I don't care. I have also never claimed I was hit with infra sound. I only described what happened to me. I have never made claims as to the cause.

Where are these other people who can verify your claims? How can they verify them? What exactly is this "poop" you know about Bigfoot and how can it be verified? Prove you can track Bigfoot and prove that Bigfoot wood knock. My story, your story or anybody's stories are just stories. We have lots of good stories. Have you read Enoch? You should, it's a very good story.

First of all, I never said I was psychic. I just learned to trust my feel out there. Nothing psychic about it. They hear my words and I might see their light but that's part of trusting your feel out in the woods. Anything I hear them say is because they put it in my head with no special ability of my own.

As for your same old tired statements, I yawn. It just tells me you don't know much chief. You saw a bigfoot (I guess) and that's about it. If you want to look at some of my material, go to my site. I have quite a bit of audio and accounts on there. Same thing on Youtube. As for you, I'll probably never see any of JC personal treasure trove of audio and research accounts in the field. But you'll always be there to question, attempt to discredit and criticize others...but in this case I deem you NOT QUALIFIED until I see your credentials. Hell you're still trying to FIND bigfoot for that matter. LOL. For now, you have simply gawked at a good looking blonde and have no idea what she's like. **** I wish I was still in Belize. Cold as hell here in Atlanta.

Signing Off, Alex aka MW

This is a play on semantics I believe.

Definition of the word "expert" is just a perspective. It's not a definitive title, like many think it to be.

Let's look at the word, "expert." Expert as compared to whom or what? I believe many of us here can be called an expert if they're speaking mainly to a group of people who don't know the first thing about Squatches. Like any economist, political scientist, even medical doctors, there can be, and always will be, a divergent views on hypotheses within a given subject. People with more of a knowledge base than others,and like all other areas of studies, there are areas of strong points and areas that are not so strong.

See I was a forensic interrogation and interview "expert," when I was called to interview folks for criminal scenarios. My skill sets in that area surpassed those around me, which is the reason in the first place they called. But, amongst my peers, I wouldn't call myself that because it is insulting, and some of them had more experience than I. Now who's really the expert?

Just like in here, and in the field I do not call myself an expert, because there are folks that know more about certain things in certain areas than I do. And vice versa. We all bring something to the table and the diversity of such should be embraced.

It should not matter if you're a paralegal, private eye, a PhD or someone who flips burgers for a living. In this field, we are all on a level playing field because the animal is undiscovered. If we study and research our own particular interests in the phenomena, it will add to the collective skill set.

We shirk at the mention of this word,"expert," in the field, because too often, we hear the word expert in the press and get a certain Vegas promoter or a guy who runs a "museum" in the swamps of Florida. The whole difference here, and I think what may have sparked the animosity, is it is only proper and the first rule of the "expert" etiquette, not to refer yourself as an expert amongst your peers. It is insulting and airs a bit of arrogance, which the prior referenced, is a sure trait.

Second rule of the etiquette is never refer yourself as an expert in the press. It is insulting and degrading to do such.

The third rule of the etiquette is don't ever call yourself an expert period. If someone should choose to honor and call you one, that is a badge of honor, but one for modesty's sake you never wear.

Problem is people whom consistently and constantly call themselves an expert, generally tend to fall into the trap of becoming close minded to other ideas and or possibilities.

People will argue and state, "well the animal hasn't been discovered yet, how can there be experts?"

My answer to that is simple, if you are looking at the field from two dimensions, I can agree, however there is more than just the creature aspect of the field, how about the historical? That's something that cannot be argued. I mean Jerry Crew's article came out in 1958 and Ostman claimed to have been kidnapped in '24. How about Back, Muchalat Harry, and TR's account of the "Bauman Incident?" How about everyone's local sighting history?

See I may be an expert on this stuff to some Schmo on the street, but to a John Green? Come on. And that's the thing about the word "expert," it is not upon us to call OURSELVES that. That's for the decision of the people that surround you and not something you should ever call yourself.

Again people who tend to do that, begin to believe it and the forget the sources they have around them.

And finally it's insulting to say your skill sets take precedent or are more important than someone else's skill sets.

To MW, you're wrong about John. He's not just a guy who had a sighting. He works his butt off in and for this field. Likewise, I'm certain you've put your due diligence in. But remember airing confidence can also be interpreted as arrogance. He brings his own skill-sets to the field which may or may not be divergent from your own.

And that's the final problem with self proclaimed "experts." If they're such experts why do they find the constant need to knock down other people's credentials, skill sets or accomplishments.

Now this post is not to incite, insult or take shots at anyone whatsoever. It is without emotion or bad feelings, but rather my opinion, which I felt the need to post to foster thoughts and perspective, and perhaps to cut off at the pass any escalations of any ill will on this thread.

As for your same old tired statements, I yawn.

Ditto, pal. Your shtick has grown stale.
It just tells me you don't know much chief.

Words are cheap. You make amazing claims, and then sneer when anyone questions your incredible claims. Show me what you've got or drop the act.

Admin

Show me what you've got or drop the act.

It's nothing more than a game.

Guest tracker

Hey guys respect that everyone has got their own skills in this field and their own way of talking about it. Try not to vent from previous bad experiences or from the dogma its not personal. That's one of the main reason personal encounters go unreported. Then some reluctant witnesses expect miracles long after that trail gone cold. Anyways It only opens the lid and people will take offense at the skeptism. And if you talk large and put it out there for everyone to read then be prepared to back it up. :o

I have enough background to run a website and lead expeditions. Does anyone wish to question my experience or skills? dry.gif

Ditto, pal. Your shtick has grown stale.

Words are cheap. You make amazing claims, and then sneer when anyone questions your incredible claims. Show me what you've got or drop the act.

Fantastic claims need fantastic proof, and so far I don't see any, so....

Hey guys respect that everyone has got their own skills in this field and their own way of talking about it. Try not to vent from previous bad experiences or from the dogma its not personal. That's one of the main reason personal encounters go unreported. Then some reluctant witnesses expect miracles long after that trail gone cold. Anyways It only opens the lid and people will take offense at the skeptism. And if you talk large and put it out there for everyone to read then be prepared to back it up. :o

I have enough background to run a website and lead expeditions. Does anyone wish to question my experience or skills? dry.gif

With respect Bud, those who pass themselves off as experts and make all kinds of fantastic claims with no proof get old fast. He can pony up said proof, or be better served to tone down any percieved expert status. He doesn't know anything more than the rest until he does. Done.

same here dude, still doesn't make me an expert.

Midnightwalker1 says:

First of all, I never said I was psychic. I just learned to trust my feel out there. Nothing psychic about it. They hear my words and I might see their light but that's part of trusting your feel out in the woods. Anything I hear them say is because they put it in my head with no special ability of my own.

And I trust what I feel here and my BS meter is at defcon 4.

As for your same old tired statements, I yawn. It just tells me you don't know much chief. You saw a bigfoot (I guess) and that's about it. If you want to look at some of my material, go to my site. I have quite a bit of audio and accounts on there. Same thing on Youtube. As for you, I'll probably never see any of JC personal treasure trove of audio and research accounts in the field. But you'll always be there to question, attempt to discredit and criticize others...but in this case I deem you NOT QUALIFIED until I see your credentials.

I never made claims to know anything except that THERE ARE NO EXPERTS INCLUDING YOU OR ME. You are the one claiming you are the Sylvia Brown of Bigfootry. I merely said PROVE IT. No one cares about your campy youtube videos, just like all the rest they mean NOTHING. No, you will never hear my personal treasure trove of audio because I DO NOT FLAUNT THEM AS EVIDENCE as you do. They are not evidence. Yes, I question people. If you takes my questions as a attempt to discredit or crtitcize you or others, it shows me you have something to hide.

Wow the Bigfooty Kreskin "deems" me not qualified. I am crushed. What exactly is it I am not qualified for? What "credentials" do you need? You need to see my secret decoder ring allowing me to play woods and Wildman with the psychic Bigfoot of Georgia? I need to save a few more cereal box tops.

Admin

Are you running around this forum claiming that you're having Bigfoot encounters, possess evidence of it, and then hiding behind thinly veiled excuses for not producing one shred of verifiable data?

OK, hold the phone... they hear & understand your words and you hear & understand them, and you do this by putting these words in each other's heads?!!!!

So not only do you & the monkees communicate telepathically (use whatever word you want, what you describe falls under under psychic abilities as far as most anyone defines them), but that everyone involved understands each other in English, Monkeese, or whatever? And if I get your drift, all monkees can get into human's heads at will and not only can do this, but understand a common language with humans, at least English speaking ones?

How is it remotely possible this critter (living like any other great ape in the wild, sans tools, fire, and by numerous accounts sadly lacking in personal hygene habits) being so far advanced over humans, is not the dominant species on the planet? And how is it possible you, with these unique abilities to communicate with this superior species, is wasting your time writing on a forum such as this?

I would love to "hear" how even just the universal language bit works but as I'm a normal human, you'll have to explain in writing and in English...

I try my best to be open to various accounts of BF experiences & beliefs, but with all due respect you will excuse my slack-jawed incredulity...

. Preface: I debated whether to pick this apart for a day or so above and beyond where I did yesterday, but this is exactly the kind of post that belongs in the bigfootery file and not pertaining to rsearcher, enthusiasm or anything. It belongs in the same place as Cryptolinguists, John Green conspiracy theories and Habituators with many stories and no proof whatsoever. If the claimant can't or won't (emphasize can't) provide proof it's just so much horse puckey and they know it.

midnightwalker1 spouteth:

First of all, you're making lots of assumptions in your statement. Many of us can simply go to our areas and FIND the encounter.

Hot air with proof. Plain and simple.

I am sure to be one of many on this site (at least a few I can think of) that do exactly that and/or live amongst them (they're on the person's property). I personally have become very familiar with some of the things that they do and why, simply by being out there time and again. I am not saying I know it all (nor do any of the others) but we individually and collectively know quite a bit.

For the record not one habituation claim has come forward with ANY proof to date, and usually ends with nothing but excuses as for why. To be blunt you don't know it all, noone does which is exactly why you are not an expert.

Bottomline, do it often enough and have some pertinent skillsets then you may be experienced. Using the definitions above, those folks that I described above would be considered EXPERTS AND/OR EXPERIENCED if they have spent countless hours engaging the sas or even studying their habits.

What skillsets? How many hours? What video, audio or DNa or other evidence might you have? You made the claim, man up and pony up.

Just like medicine there are different levels of expertise. One guy might be an expert tracker with the sasquatch, while another might be skillful at engaging them and gaining their trust (by understanding their values and reactions to different things). There may even be an EXPERT at their langauge (ala Scott Nelson).

Bullsquat, there's no proof they exist definitively, thus no proof they have a language, thus Nelson is no better off in that pesky proof area than anyone else. try harder,. MUCH harder.

Meldrum is an expert..........

No he's not, he's guy with scientific credentials out there looking like the rest of us, and has to some extent cashing in on his celebrity. Nothing more. It would be fairer to use Kathy Strain as a folklore expert, but that in no way makes her a field expert any more than any two bit Great white hunter.

I personally consider myself extremely skilled at going out being amongst them, simply because I have a passion for doing so, truly enjoy their company and understand certain things about them.

Or you enjoy thumping your chest on the internet. WIthout proof that doesn't mean squat.

But put me out in the field and I am fairly adept at the area of expertise that I enjoy most (interaction and engaging them). Am I confidant? Certainly. Like I said, I and others have spent countless hours doing whatever it is we do and know that area of expertise well. If you don't, then your technique needs work. I've played golf all my life but I suck. I've never had anyone help me formally. With this field of research, I have asked for advice from EXPERTS and more importantly LISTENED. Simple as that.

So in short until you provide some actual proof, you're just one more blowing hot air

Guest midnightwalker1

NOT QUALIFIED means you don't know enough about the subject to credential it. Period. It's not that you haven't had some experiences...some of you probably have. I put the folks that do these things in various categories which are as follows:

1. QUESTION EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE (DOUBT THEM UNLESS THEY SHOW YOU A BIGFOOT): These are the people that can't get it going in the field themselves so they figure no one else could possibly be doing it. I met many of those folks at the BFRO expeditions (WAFJ). If you want to learn something at their expeditions, take notes and then do everything opposite of what they do. Anyway, these are the guys that try to hang around the cool bigfoot folks at the conferences/expeditions, idolize people like Meldrum and Gimlin and are extremely secretive about their top secret wood knocking techniques so others can't advance beyond them. Kind of a joke really.

2. KISS (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID) RESEARCHERS - These guys are alright with me. They're usually level headed people. They don't question my account or my integrity by using derogatory terms like "enthusiasts" and so on. They simply say "Alex, I have to see it in order to grasp it. I believe you but I am a touch it feel it kind of guy" or they may even say they don't believe in it but they don't use accusatory tones insinuating I am lying. Many of these types of folks have been out with me researching and I consider them very good friends. And a few of them now have come to terms that mindspeak is for real and/or there is something very physical to it as well. Many have changed their thoughts about the sas from these are creatures or monsters to these are people...because they've recorded their speech and seen how they've acted during our outings. I was probably one of these guys at one time until I realized there was more to the sas than what you think.

Anyway, there are other categories that I've missed but these 2 come to mind when I deal with some of the folks that like to discount intelligent people's accounts but have nothing in their own portfolio. Therefore, they are not QUALIFIED to gain any leverage in their statements because they have no credentials. All that comes out is hot air and opinion based on NO experience. Titles and affiliations with "bigfoot" organizations doesn't get it chief...sorry. All your derogatory comments to me mean nothing. It doesn't detract from the experiences I've had alone and with other researchers right there watching. Who are you? You are some dude on a keyboard and basically nothing to me.

Edited by midnightwalker1

• masterbarber locked this topic