• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bulljunk

bulljunk

Booger

• Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:42 AM

Hello everyone! I live within a few miles of a place called Knob's Hill. It was a hotbed of sightings of the Big Guy in the late 70's/ early 80's. Well, it seems that people have begun seeing Him again, and there have been reports on the local news saying as much. I would like to know how to go about mounting a search/investigation as far as gathering evidence is concerned( how to handle hair samples, cast prints, signs to look for, what to photograph, etc.) so that I can present it to THE EXPERTS (whoever they may be) and have some useable data. Any input will be very much appreciated! Thanks

#2 DevouredbyVermn

DevouredbyVermn

Booger

• Readers
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:57 AM

I've wondered about this in the past. Is there a correlation between Sasquatch media exposure and the number of sighting reports rising?
You mention the late seventies and early eighties Bull. Wasn't that around the time of In Search Of... and Boggy Creek-ish type media?
Now you have repeats of MonsterQuest and Destination Truth as well as the glut of documentaries that show up on tv in a seemingly endless loop.
Not to belittle anyones experience you understand, but it's just something that I end up taking into consideration.
Blobsquatch - Any anomalous,vaguely humanoid shape in a photograph that could be mistaken for the as yet undiscovered North American primate Sasquatch.

#3 bulljunk

bulljunk

Booger

• Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

I understand exactly what you are saying(Like right after Close Encounters plays on t.v., there is a rash of UFO sightings!) But in the recent case involving Knobby, which is the moniker that the media chose years ago, it was more a matter of "someone is messin' around the barn" and when they go to confront the culprit, it turns out to be YOU KNOW WHO! In other words, they did not seem to have any predisposition towards Bigfoot one way or the other.

#4 Biggjimm

Biggjimm

Booger

• Inactive
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:31 AM

Bulljunk, everybody seems to handle these their own way. What I would do is try to look
for patterns first in the sighting locations, you know see if there is a particular
area that it seems to visit. Next I look at what makes that area special, so far as
food/ elevation/water. Basically get a feel for the habitat. Next I look for accessible
land within a fiesable distance that nobody has bothered looking in That matches said
habitat and has an easy corridor of travel into from said hotspot. Then I set up a
listening post and comb it over in the daylight. This approach has paid off for me in
the past. Another thing I might add is this. There are no real experts in this. In
the end we are all still learning. And that's what makes it great.

#5 MOMO64

MOMO64

Booger

• Inactive
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

Bulljunk,, biggjim offers some excelent advice.. That is basicaslly my MO as well,, however,,,! I tend to follow possible tree manipulations and see if that can generate some activity.
I also agree about the "EXPERT" classification..We are all students here..Seems everything new we learn, only creates more questions!
Happy Hunting!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users