What Got You Interested In Bf ?

Guest Lesmore

Saw a frozen caveman/bigfoot when I was a kid. It was a hairy primitive looking guy with a screwed up looking eye, bad teeth and a nasty big toe. Oh and it smelled like roadkill through the ice.

Was probably fake but it helped get me interested. Also was a "skunkape" craze in my area in the late 70's.

What story, event, experience, film, individual, etc., about Bigfoot was the most convincing to you, got you interested ?

Perhaps it was experiencing, reading, hearing from others or watching the story unfold on a TV screen...that first piqued your interest in Bigfoot.

In my case it was going to the Patterson- Gimlin presentation 40 odd years ago at the local civic auditorium. I recall Mr. Patterson very clearly answering questions from the audience, the film....the whole thing.

Obviously it made quite an impression on my teenage mind.

What was it for you ?

That darn frozen *caveman* made it around I reckon. I saw it as a kid as well and it did smell. It was in the parking lot of a local strip mall and there was a pretty long line of folks that walked through the trailer and viewed the body.

I badgered the heck out of my mom to make sure we were in that line. :lol:

Guest Yeti1974

I haven't admitted this yet, but beyond The Six Million Dollar Man in the 70s and early Bigfoot documentaries, and John Green by the time I got to college, playing fantasy role playing games in high school in the late 80s and early 90s played a big part in keeping my interest in "monsters" alive from my childhood.

Dungeons and Dragons had a yeti you could fight---I still remember the artwork of the yeti from the D&D manuals as something that fascinated me. Also, there was an awesome D&D novel called The Crystal Shard that starts out with a yeti attack.

Good times.

Guest Lesmore

That darn frozen *caveman* made it around I reckon. I saw it as a kid as well and it did smell. It was in the parking lot of a local strip mall and there was a pretty long line of folks that walked through the trailer and viewed the body.

I badgered the heck out of my mom to make sure we were in that line. :lol:

I recall the frozen Iceman..think the word...Minnesota was in the title. I saw it at a large carnival, either in the late 60's or very early 70's.

I am not interested in Bigfoot. I want proof of what I encountered. I only study the topic as a necessity to help accomplish my goal.

JC, I appreciate you. I want you to continue your contributions to this forum.

Please, I get it (we all do) with your desire for proof. Mentioning your desire/demand in every thread doesn't bring your wish any closer. Not criticizing, just mentioning. Sincere thanks.

I think for me it was the Legend of Boggy Creek as well. Me and my brothers were young enough at the time to consider that movie to be a very interesting and scary 'documentary'. Then seeing the PGF later cemented the deal- the way she walks so naturally and the look back, of course. Gorillas and such were generally my favorite animals at the zoo and I always wanted a pet monkey. Lately that has been so that I could teach him or her to bring me and my friends a beer but; I understand that, as a general rule, one absolutely does not want a pet monkey. : B Thanks for asking!

BFF Patron

My Dad had a subscription to Argosy Magazine and there was an article from 1969 about the "Minnesota Ice Man". I was 9 at the time and was captivated by the pictures!

I found a reference to the article, very interesting!

http://www.bigfooten...les/argosy2.htm

Ditto, and I finally got a copy of one of the Argosy's that discussed the California Abominable Snowman when I became re-interested recently.

Edited by bipedalist

I think for me it was The Legend of Boggy Creek. My older brother took me to it when I was a kid, and it was really creepy, and Leonard Nimoy's In search of. I still watch any show on the subject when they come on. The 70's was a great time for the subject of Bf, especially a kid living in rural B.C. Been keeping an eye out ever since.